Join for free
Page 12 of 19 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2016, 01:57 PM

Re: Nigel Farage for me - for you 2?

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Nige may be capable of speaking well but he's surrounded himself with some fairly doubtful types which have given UKIP some bad press. I'd be very worried about the possibility of these people running the country!
Who? Excluding, of course, the ones whom UKIP have kicked out of their party.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 12:48 PM

The lack of any suggestions seems to support my assertion that UKIP is at least as honest and incorrupt as any other political party.

So many people appear to compare UKIP to such groups as the National Front, in their ignorance. This does nothing to help the popularity of UKIP who, I believe, is our only hope for freedom and the restoration of our national sovereignty.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by moreover ->
I agree with a lot of what George Galloway says but since his alliance with Farage in 'GO' I'm beginning to have my doubts.
I would not agree with anything that buffoon Galloway said.
( and the several Mrs Galloways would probably agree )
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
The lack of any suggestions seems to support my assertion that UKIP is at least as honest and incorrupt as any other political party.

So many people appear to compare UKIP to such groups as the National Front, in their ignorance. This does nothing to help the popularity of UKIP who, I believe, is our only hope for freedom and the restoration of our national sovereignty.
I dont believe that UKIP will ever run a government but i think that more and more people will vote for them as they show their disgust with the present government and the equally unappealing alternatives.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

16-02-2016, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I dont believe that UKIP will ever run a government but i think that more and more people will vote for them as they show their disgust with the present government and the equally unappealing alternatives.
Perhaps you're right, although it took a quarter of a century from the creation of the Labour party until we had our first Labour government.

It is undoubtedly true that the people of this country are reluctant to change their ways, which is why we have had a succession of Labour and Conservative governments for such a long time.

Now that the Liberals have all but disappeared and Labour is split into two completely different factions, we have only one viable traditional party - the Conservatives. I wonder whether this is the right time for a new party (UKIP) to begin to develop as a practical opposition to the Conservatives.

Perhaps people are beginning to tire of the same old self-serving politicians and yearn for a party that has the interests of the British people at its heart.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

that UKIP is at least as honest and incorrupt as any other political party.

Ee make I laff!!! Honest and incorruptable???

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-32962365

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...ses-fraud.html

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...p-nigel-farage

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-expenses.html
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

16-02-2016, 07:16 PM

Yes, there have been corrupt members of UKIP in the past. Do you know of any such current members?

As I mentioned before, UKIP is very quick to kick such people out when their nefarious activities become known.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 08:58 PM

How about the ones who keep a low profile though?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

16-02-2016, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
How about the ones who keep a low profile though?
How about the ones in the Labour and Conservative parties who keep a low profile?
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
My left wing pedigree is as good as the next man's
My Grandfather was in the Clydeside Soviet, and my Father was a thorough trade union supporter all his life
As a student I supported all the right causes, and for most of my life I voted Labour in local and general elections. I was thoroughly happy when Tony Blair got that landslide victory in 1997
Right! I thought; he's a young man, he's got ideas, he's got a massive majority, now we'll see something!

Oh, I've seen it alright; for the past few years everything has turned to sh... you know what

Labour's immigration policy, which has hardly changed with the Conservatives
They're both spineless when it comes to dealing with immigrants and their refusal to integrate into British society

We were sold the EEC as a trading agreement between half a dozen or so countries of roughly equal economic performance. Now it seems to be a money - sucking monster that controls us more & more, and is only there to serve the elite

I could go on, but let's say that I am very disillusioned with the established political parties.

The Conservatives clearly want to stuff all but the top few to maintain their wealth & position, and Labour has degenerated into a sort of grown up ivory tower student debating society

But when UKIP was established I realised that I agreed with most of its policies
I feel that no-one else speaks for me
So did the German population. Farage is a great orator as was Hitler. Be careful what you wish for.

Page 12 of 19 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top