Join for free
Page 12 of 21 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 07:49 PM

Re: barnier the begging clown

First of all, posters in the brexit division are not representative of the british, they stand right of the middle. And as age makes wood less flexible, so are they.

As to your question why you don't see any reference to unleashing the potential. Very simpel, the british need outsiders to unleash it.
It's a strange breed, those british, and as an observer from the outside, british and germans have a lot in common.
A typical brit never gives up, and never gives in. Take a look a threads by bread. Countless times he has been proven wrong, but he refuses to aknowledge it. He keeps on battling, even if the argument is lost.
But that also is a strength. If the british stand alone, without a deal, after 31 december 2020, they will ralley as one in the face of adversity. They will struggle, they will fight, and they will overcome. In time we will see a better, stronger britain that is worthy to become a member of the european union again. And they will be welcomed as old friends.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 07:50 PM

Brexit is about the EU not the people or the countries.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by 7779311 ->
Hi solasch,

first I have to apologize for my poor English, I hope that You do not mind too much.
Unfortunately posters from outside the UK are not very welcome in british forums, that is why i address You, hoping not to bother some british poster.

I have been searching for forums to get an idea about how people from the UK are thinking of BREXIT and their future outside the EU.

From the UK people which I met in person, I learned that BREXIT was only or at least mainly about getting rid of foreigners (or "furriners" or "foginers").
This seemed hard to believe to me but I have to admit that it has been confirmed in this and another british brexit forum which I observed pretty closely.

I found it very brave of the UK to vote for leaving the EU and I honestly congraulate them for having taken such a tough choice.
When I watched tens of hours of parliament TV following the discussions pro/contra BREXIT it became obvious to me how devided the UK is.
It will be a heavy task to get people reunited after December 2020, no matter which outcome the FTA negotiations will take.

What I really find confusing is why everybody in the UK seems to have interiorized B. Jonhsons mantras "get BREXIT done", "take back control" but nobody speaks about
another frequently heard mantra "unleash Britains potential".

In most of the posts which I read during the last months there was an apparent spirit of superiority from Britains. But I never saw real ambitions or explainations
on how Britains potential was leashed by the EU and in what way it will be unleashed now.

Why is that?
Hi 7779311, Your english sounds too good to be true to me, it leaves
Solly in the shade imo?
However, on the subject of why we voted to leave the eu, there is not
one single reason but multiple ones and to go through all these
reasons once more having wasted 4yrs so far trying to explain these
it has become tiresome to do so once again, so what l would
suggest is that you page back 4yrs in OFFand you may pick up
some of the reasons, it is all catalogued there?
Happy reading!!

Donkeyman! 👍😇👍
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
First of all, posters in the brexit division are not representative of the british, they stand right of the middle. And as age makes wood less flexible, so are they.

As to your question why you don't see any reference to unleashing the potential. Very simpel, the british need outsiders to unleash it.
It's a strange breed, those british, and as an observer from the outside, british and germans have a lot in common.
A typical brit never gives up, and never gives in. Take a look a threads by bread. Countless times he has been proven wrong, but he refuses to aknowledge it. He keeps on battling, even if the argument is lost.
But that also is a strength. If the british stand alone, without a deal, after 31 december 2020, they will ralley as one in the face of adversity. They will struggle, they will fight, and they will overcome. In time we will see a better, stronger britain that is worthy to become a member of the european union again. And they will be welcomed as old friends.
We have an old british saying Solly!
You may know it?
ONCE BITTEN
TWICE SHY!
dream on mein butte

Donkeyman! 👍😂👍
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->

Hi Solasch,

thanks a lot for Your enlightening words. I really like that one about old wood becoming less flexible and I definetly need to remember that.

Very helpful of You to explain what "Bread"s motives might be. I was wondering why You kept "fighting" (arguing) with him so frequently without any chance of success. Now it is less irritating for me.

To decide for or against BREXIT was a very tough task in my opinion. So much is at stake and the outcome is imho to some extend unpredictable.

I do hope that it will turn out well for all involved in the UK.
There is at least one good thing about it: many more people are taking closer looks at (their) politics...
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 08:26 PM

Hi Solasch,

Very helpful of You to explain what "Bread"s motives might be. I was wondering why You kept "fighting" (arguing) with him so frequently without any chance of success. Now it is less irritating for me.

There is at least one good thing about it: many more people are taking closer looks at (their) politics...
Arguing with bread is highly rewarding, there always comes a moment that he starts name calling or insulting, or reverts to one line answers. That's his way of admitting defeat.

Take a look on youtube. There is a series from the 80ties, yes minister, it still reflects todays political system.
You can also take a look at proceedings in the house of commons. It's better than fawlty towers, monty python or any other absurdistic comedy. It is also a look on how parliaments on the continent functioned centuries ago.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 08:45 PM

Hello JBR,

thank you for Your reply. Please be assured that I do not have any prejudices towards Britains, except that they are usually very polite
Really, that was exactly why I tried to find out more about the reasons for BREXIT after having spoken with some Britains who claimed that it was about foreigners. I did not want to believe that so I read through hundreds of posts in forums.

If you take a look at posts in the "independent" forum for example you will find lots of disdainful comments like "jonny furriner" or like "ey Pedro dos San Miguel, pronto". And of course no one wants to be ruled by the "Krauts"
The use of such words when referring to some foreigners is not guaranteed to indicate disdain. Very often it is done in humour; what we call 'dry humour'. It is a national trait of the British to make fun of each other in a humorous way.

In my case, however, I often use the word 'Frogs' to refer to our traditional enemy. If you look back in history, you'll see that is definitely the case. In fact, they have only really been our friends and allies twice that I know of.

Of course, I do realise that not all Frogs are despicable and untrustworthy. I'm sure that there must be a few who are quite nice people. In fact, I think I might have met one or two. Certainly, though, the ones we hear threatening and demanding - er, my apologies, I meant 'discussing' - such as Barmier and Micron, definitely give the impression that we are only here to be bullied.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 08:48 PM

Most of my German friends and colleagues have the same sense of humour as us Brits.
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Hi 7779311, Your english sounds too good to be true to me, it leaves
Solly in the shade imo?
However, on the subject of why we voted to leave the eu, there is not
one single reason but multiple ones and to go through all these
reasons once more having wasted 4yrs so far trying to explain these
it has become tiresome to do so once again, so what l would
suggest is that you page back 4yrs in OFFand you may pick up
some of the reasons, it is all catalogued there?
Happy reading!!

Donkeyman! 👍😇👍
Good evening Donkeyman,

puh, quite some homework that You are suggesting. Reading four years back. There must be a shortcut...

At the moment there are imho more pressing matters such as: why is M. Barnier insisting on the UK to comply with the agreements which B. Johnson signed last year while D. Frost (and some newspapers) are trying to make the agreements optional for future negotiations.

For both sides it is very inconvenient to give in or to "blink".
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

08-06-2020, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
We have an old british saying Solly!
You may know it?
ONCE BITTEN
TWICE SHY!
dream on mein butte

Donkeyman! 👍😂👍
I know it donks. In a few years we are both gone. The choice to return will be made by young people, you know? Like the ones who did away with colston's statue. Remove everything that reminds you of the mistakes your forebears made.

Page 12 of 21 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top