Join for free
Page 12 of 15 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2020, 11:51 AM

Re: Army veteran charity walk for NHS

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
But why should they? For that matter why doesn't Mrs Windsor stump up the same as has already been donated? Or Cringe and Ginge? After all it's mostly OUR money they have.
But why shouldn't they? After all without any of us, the 'ordinary' people in life, these people wouldn't have their £ millions and £ billions, most of which they can never spend anyway.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2020, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
But why shouldn't they? After all without any of us, the 'ordinary' people in life, these people wouldn't have their £ millions and £ billions, most of which they can never spend anyway.
Because that money they have EARNED.

In the case of the awful Windsor tribe it is OUR money that has (wrongly) been given to them.
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2020, 12:23 PM

Because that money they have EARNED.

In the case of the awful Windsor tribe it is OUR money that has (wrongly) been given to them.
EARNED, GAINED, OBTAINED it's all the same. Check out on the link below just what the rich are worth individually surely it's obvious they can never NEED all those £ billions to live a very nice life?

To make a gift of a few £ thousand they would never miss would, to me anyway, be no different to the 'ordinary person' on the average wage putting a couple of £ in a charity tin.

Your second comment I totally agree with though.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2020, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
EARNED, GAINED, OBTAINED it's all the same. Check out on the link below just what the rich are worth individually surely it's obvious they can never NEED all those £ billions to live a very nice life?

To make a gift of a few £ thousand they would never miss would, to me anyway, be no different to the 'ordinary person' on the average wage putting a couple of £ in a charity tin.

Your second comment I totally agree with though.
I learned very early in life that if you want to acquire wealth then you have to earn it. Other than turning to criminality the only way to obtain or gain wealth is to earn it.

It then becomes yours to do with as you want. It's not a matter of never being able to spend your wedge. It's yours to do with as you want.

By paying such taxes as have to be paid those with a few quid have already contributed to governments. In short, "I've contributed at the office" as people say.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 01:47 AM

Looks like Catian Tom has got his flypast after all.
And Queenie has promoted him to Colonel

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-birthday.html
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 02:55 AM

For this exceptional centenarian a memorable day.

Baz46

30-04-2020, 07:36 AM

Yes, I've posted enough on here about Captain Tom Moore and his amazing
achievement so on yet another of these, my best wishes and

Happy 100th Birthday, have a good one!

Incidentally his fund-raising achievement is £29,639,579 at the time of posting!
Does anyone have a few spare £ thousand to make it up to the £30 million?

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraisi...swalkforthenhs
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 07:45 AM

Yes - Happy Birthday Colonel Tom Moore..
Baz46

30-04-2020, 08:01 AM

I learned very early in life that if you want to acquire wealth then you have to earn it. Other than turning to criminality the only way to obtain or gain wealth is to earn it.

It then becomes yours to do with as you want. It's not a matter of never being able to spend your wedge. It's yours to do with as you want.

By paying such taxes as have to be paid those with a few quid have already contributed to governments. In short, "I've contributed at the office" as people say.
Many on here were brought up knowing all that, I know the 'work ethic' was instilled in me from a very early age. However, all I was saying was that there are those in this world who have earned, gained, obtained, whatever you like to term the means of how they got their eventual wealth, who could donate a few £ thousand they would never miss, to make the final figure £30 million – what a nice gesture that would be!

Just a few examples from the Sunday Times Rich List (see link below):

Sri and Gopi Hindula and family – £22 billion
Sir Jim Ratcliffe – £18.2 billion

Then there are the ‘less rich’, the home-grown wealthy:

Sir James Dyson and family – £12.6 billion
Lord Loyd-Webber – £820 million
JK Rowling – was £750 million
Simon Cowell – £385 million

https://news.sky.com/story/who-made-...-year-11717733
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 09:31 AM

Tom did it ......... £30,066,107!

Well done Tom.... what an achievement! 👏👏👏

Page 12 of 15 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top