Join for free
Page 12 of 19 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2014, 04:54 PM

Re: Hip replacement

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
She seems to be doing quite well Pats and she's not sitting about either!

She's been out walking up and down the street several times today - determined to get better ASAP! stevmk2
That's great news Steve
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2014, 07:19 PM

Sounds encouraging, Steve.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2014, 09:58 AM

It's THAT time again - change the compression stockings!

It's hard enough getting them off let alone putting clean ones on!

I've done her breakfast, washed her hair so now it's time for the awkward struggle!

I use a bag like they did in the hospital, (my wife told me that!), but it's still flippin' hard!

It's almost as if you are expected to have three hands; two to stretch the things apart and another hand to guide the foot into it, and I keep getting cramp in my foot doing it!!

Her appetite's very good now and she has got over the constipation from the ibuprofen - mainly because she has cut back on them.

A good night too she says but she's getting aches in her operated leg which I think is everything knitting-back together and the muscles flexing again - the sort of thing you get if you lay off doing weight training for a month and then go back to it!

Doesn't half make you ache!!

Well, better get on - ironing is beginning to mount up now too! stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2014, 10:06 AM

Ah - just think every day it will get better and better
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2014, 10:59 AM

Glad to hear everything is progressing well.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2014, 12:28 PM

It's certainly keeping you fit, Steve
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2014, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
It's certainly keeping you fit, Steve
It's also re-acquainting me with washing, ironing and cooking etcetera more than I have done in recent years but that's my wife for you!

I'm at work 4 days a week and Yes, I do get a bit tired but I never expected her to run round after me but she won't have it.
I enjoy cooking too but our kitchen's too small for two so I leave it to her.

I can iron better than she can and she admits that I do the cleaning better but we are similar cooks!

It's funny though because, if I'm busy in the kitchen, she sometimes comes to the door to see what I'm up to and asks why I do this or that task / job a particular way!

I've told her that I always plan ahead everything I'm going to do and keep to that plan - and it includes washing up as I go along!

I'm actually hoping she'll let me do my thing a bit more with food too but I do have to be careful with her because, unlike me, she's fussy with spicy food.

I'm quite happy munching Jalapenos or a Vindloo! stevmk2
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

24-06-2014, 03:02 PM

Steve, apart from the tiredness, I think you may be secretly enjoying your 'power' in the house at the moment .... it gives you a lovely boost of confidence and I'm sure your wife must appreciate it.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

25-06-2014, 12:13 PM

Bit concerned about the swelling again today.

My wife's left foot has swollen up a bit compared to how it was on Monday, the left being the hip leg.

According to everything we read, it's normal but it's still a worry and she's uncomfortable again plus the upset stomach's back.

She says she is feeling better daily and goes out for short walks on her own - not far, no more the 100 yards but it makes her feel normal she says.

She's talking about going to Tesco now - that's 350 yards at a rough guess but the pavements are shocking so if she wants to do that I'll go with her of course but I've said if I think it's too much we turn back and she's agreed.

Just done lunch and we have a friend of hers coming any minute.
Better get cleared up! stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2014, 12:43 PM

That's a shame Steve, I suppose walking has its benefits and downside as she is still vulnerable. It will get better though x

Page 12 of 19 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top