Join for free
Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 09:47 AM

Re: Racist Comment!!!

I'd be interested to learn whether other European countries suffer from the same problems, with regard to schools and education in general, as we do.

I'd hazard a guess that Britain is unique in that respect.

Having established that, perhaps we should look at what those countries do and follow their lead.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'd be interested to learn whether other European countries suffer from the same problems, with regard to schools and education in general, as we do.

I'd hazard a guess that Britain is unique in that respect.

Having established that, perhaps we should look at what those countries do and follow their lead.
Our school hosts exchanges each year, it has mostly Scandinavian kids swapping, it's amazing difference between the countries children. Theirs are open, happy, amazed at how our kids speak back etc. They have far more freedom than ours much more of an outdoor life so are happier and healthier.
Sport it seems is done by adults and children outside school so any sport in school is easier for the kids.

Discipline is different too, they talk a lot to the kids about behaviour even before they start school. They have respect for their parents, teachers and other kids. Treat them as young adults they behave better it seems.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
You are assuming too much here. Maybe the lady in question does look like a gorilla and there is no racism involved whatever - certainly to assume a sense of racial superiority from this is a stretch too far.
One of my teachers was nicknamed Bugs, simply because of his resemblance to a certain cartoon rabbit and was always greeted by "What's up doc?" Another was nicknamed Boz, because he was boss-eyed. One of my fellow pupils - a hulking, slow-witted giant of a lad, was always referred to as Lurch.
No racism at all, just simple cruel childish insult!

In my experience of young people in the London area at least (40 years as a youth worker) I found that, amongst white kids, racism was the least likely type of insult they would use (they had been programmed by the education system not to do so). Black kids, on the other hand had no such issues and used racial insults widely.
That made me laugh.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 11:24 AM

Chinese and Swiss parents expect their children to do well at School and encourage them

In Switzerland you a cannot get employment of any description if you have not got the qualifications, even in a Shop you must have a certificate.

My Daughter and family live in Switzerland and my adult grandchildren are encouraged at work to take further exams frequently
One is a Nurse ad the other a Senior Bank Official

The Salaries are 250% more than UK The cost of living is higher but not double.

In Switzerland they do not have a Class System as every one is equal. Even Millionaires do not consider themselves better than anyone else.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 12:20 PM

Yes, as I expected.

Our problem is, of course as I explained earlier, our sick society.

Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top