Join for free
Page 12 of 28 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2017, 05:04 PM

Re: Prince Harry to marry Meghan

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Pick from one of the three below.

1. The taxpayer
2. The taxpayer
3. The taxpayer
Spot on, Rehab.
The way it's been relayed by the BBC this afternoon is that The Royal Family are footing the bill for the vast majority of the wedding costs.
Oh how wonderfully nice of them that is, is it not?
And who, we ask, pays for the Royals in the first place?!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2017, 05:15 PM

Really who else should pay for it ?
They are mega rich .
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2017, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Really who else should pay for it ?
They are mega rich .
The Royals should pay for it. That's what I was saying, Muddy.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2017, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I agree with that although i am interested in the big royal wedding. People watch reality tv like hawks but this is history in the making so far more compelling to follow it.
Yes Annie I agree.
But Charlie and Diana were history in the making once.
They made history alright when they got Married once.
They made history with all the tragic circumstances of the Marriage falling apart while Charlie played away once.
She made it again when she died in a horrible car crash once.

The Royal Family have history alright, and not much of it very happy history either.

Time will tell on this one of course.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2017, 05:47 PM

Hi

I could not give two hoots whether they are rich and famous or a couple of penniless disabled .

If they are happy, good luck to them.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2017, 06:14 PM

Meghan is going to apply for British Citizenship, I hope she is able to met the requirements without short cutting them !

If you’re married to, or the civil partner of, a British citizen, you can apply for citizenship if:

you’re 18 or over
you’re of sound mind, you’re able to think and make decisions for yourself
you’re of good character, for example you don’t have a serious or recent criminal record
you’ve met the knowledge of English and life in the UK requirements
you’ve been granted indefinite leave to stay in the UK (this means there’s no specific date that you have to leave) or permanent residence if you’re an EEA national (and you have a permanent residence card or document that shows you have permanent residence)
you meet the residency requirement
Unless your spouse or civil partner works abroad either for the UK government or for an organisation closely linked to government, you must usually also have:

lived in the UK for at least the 3 years before your application is received
spent no more than 270 days outside the UK in those 3 years
spent no more than 90 days outside the UK in the last 12 months
not broken any immigration laws while in the UK
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2017, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
During all this rush of loveliness for the happy couple, let us spare a thought for someone who married into the Royal Family, and ended up in a pine box because of that shall we?
Yes it is Harry's lovely and wonderful Mother Diana I am talking about here.
She didn't cope with marrying into that lot very well now.
Did she?
I think the Royal Family were horrible to her, even though it was deceiving, conniving Charley who was having it away with his fancy Woman Camilla Parker Bowles.
Diana would very likely still be alive today only for marrying into that lot, and her cheating stinking Husband.
All very conveniently forgotten about now.
Isn't it?
Not forgotten about at all Boozer. We were only saying earlier that Charlie was responsible for her death, either partly or fully (we can't be sure) but if he hadn't been having an affair, Diana would not have been gallivanting around the world with other blokes and might not have died in a car crash.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2017, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Spot on, Rehab.
The way it's been relayed by the BBC this afternoon is that The Royal Family are footing the bill for the vast majority of the wedding costs.
Oh how wonderfully nice of them that is, is it not?
And who, we ask, pays for the Royals in the first place?!
I would love to see the breakdown of the costs, that is what they are paying for, and what we are paying for. There will be the obligatory present from the Armed Forces, this is where the soldiers sailors and airmen are required to dish out a days pay in order for some bloke in the MOD to present to the happy couple, ’the lads and lasses have had a whip round your highnesses to buy this pressie for your. P..grovel...grovel..
The military will once again be roped in for the obligatory security duties, standing around for hours with weapons that won’t be loaded...who will be paying for that? (Rhetorical question) and the Guards Brigade will have to do their bit, and they don’t come cheap.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2017, 06:30 PM

Just wondering if that nutter Donald Trump will be tweeting that he has turned down an invite to the stag night?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2017, 06:34 PM

I'm just wondering what the American angle is. Is it getting much coverage on TV. Are Americans generally happy about it or are they not that bothered. I would be interested to know.

Page 12 of 28 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top