Join for free
Page 120 of 1676 « First < 20 70 110 118 119 120 121 122 130 170 220 620 1120 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 12:50 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Ahh-the old 'izza line akshly a line' question arises once again.
It's surprising how often this question is asked,gummybear-and too often,by folk of superior intellect [smooth,eh?] who obfuscate their own ability to surmise the answer,by self-concocting variations of solidity.
In short,no,a line need not be flat,solid,or even observable as a physical entity. By definition,a line is a delineation. Ergo,all activities within,behind or abutting aforementioned delineation will be accepted as 'within agreed/mutually acceptable boundaries'. Thus,one may refer to language,behaviour,sexual promiscuity,individual rationalities and the acceptances thereof [ie,religions and the practices therein] and accept that NONE of these will have a physical boundary. Or,one could gaze out into the sky and observe [for instance] the Sombrero Galaxy [in Virgo,should anyone g-a-s,which I doubt] In THIS instance,we have a globular mass...which is hollow! Because-it actually ISN'T a mass,but is in fact,billions of small galaxies,which,by graviational mutual attraction,have over millennia untold,formed what,from 28 million light-years away,looks like a ball....with a 'disc' around it. BUT-it isn't. That 'Line' we spoke of has appeared in different form...THIS time in 'mutual maximum capacity' ratio-which means that the centre of the Sombrero Galaxy is actually a supermassive Black Hole...and I do mean SUPER massive. It's even bigger than Jem's wallet! The 'line' in this case,is the minimum distance from maximum damage line. Every cluster and galaxy holds every other cluster and galaxy in position,by BEING IN position....and so the dance starts...but stay in line-or die.

However-iff'n y'just want to draw a line with chalk,or with a stick in some sand....then no,the line does NOT have to be either straight OR flat. In fact-it won't be.

[oops....sorry....carry on,chaps-I'll go away-in a straight line.[although,it won't be,due to curvature,geodesic shift,polarities of elements differing and a few other factors I promise I'll stfu about!!!]
actually pugsey bro all I wanted was a short straight answer - no need to go whizzing around the stars and back and that very unkind remark

It's even bigger than Jem's wallet!
I think his non-swimming missus would not only agree but no doubt add and it sucks up his Irish pound notes like a black hole - he can never find one when I need one!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 12:08 PM

Quote. "It's even bigger than Jem's wallet"
My wallet is is excellent shape at present and the wife is on cloud nine, she’s off shopping now with the daughter. I freely admit I was handsomely rewarded for my month of confinement, cut off from the rest of the World, in fact I could now do six months of solitary on my head, it certainly pays to concentrate on one’s work. That reminds me, I must go polish my halo, order a few boxes of cigars, and then restock my cellar with port.
One ring I had to make was for a wealthy middle aged lady, it was her own design and she wasn’t bad at sketching either, it’s handier to work with a good sketch, it was a single stone 3 carat diamond which is about the size of the head on a drawing pin, she had buried two rich husbands over the years and inherited all their money, i was told all this by the middle man, she wanted two snakes in platinum with tiny rubies as eyes on the shoulders of the ring looking up at the diamond, she was delighted to have “The two miserable bastards” (her words for the husbands) finally under her thumb, Christ almighty some women can be very cruel, I was tempted to put a curse on the ring but changed me mind when I saw the cheque, traitor to my sex that I am.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 02:32 PM

just watched Johanna Lumley present the rise and fame of Elvis - what a fantastic show she gets to interview his wife BUT not daughter [did she die?] and old school friends and visit his first recording studio etc. better than just visiting gracelands fascinasting but also very sad he died in his 40's of over-eating and drugs! oh and a broke marriage!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Ok-loud silence descends again.....

so,sod trying jokes...instead,has anyone - ANYONE - on here given a flying f#ck about that bake off thing? TGBBO,it's apparently known as. FFS-I bake,roast,fry,steam,mix and boil all SORTS of food-and even my workmates don't know my [real] name...but some woman bakes a cake,another woman creams her keks over it-and today,as a result,I was called a 'caveman'......and WHY? [I hear you clamouring to ask]...WHY?

Because I had NO idea who baked what,where,when or what effing flavour it was,and I [tried to] explain that not one solitary f#ck will,shall,or could be given regarding the above....and the folk in that place TURNED on me,en masse! YERWOT? Since WHEN,did the British Public become so pathetically enamoured of maximally-exploited,minimally-produced,uninteresting,non-mind-expanding,bullshit???
Ooooh-someone made a cake-whoopee. Let's make her a Goddess,build plinths to her.I don't get it.
I just don't.
My mum made HUNDREDS of cakes during her life-she got hugs,MAX love,protected,adored and venerated. What she DIDN'T get,nor want,was tv exposure,a million pounds,celebrity interviews,or her name in the papers.

But,apparently,I should "go back into the Marines and die this time",according to one particularly odious wanker,for not knowing the name,age,religion,bust-size and eye colour of some woman who baked a cake. BAKED A CAKE! NOT cured cancer. NOT solved global warming. No-she baked a cake!
HE was EVER-so-gently reminded that he's a wanker.

Beam me up,Scotty....FUKKAL intelligent life down here!"

[yes,I'm fkn annoyed-,I thought I didn't 'do' violence any longer...I was wrong]
If I knew you were going to post about cooking I’d have baked you a cake.:
I have to agree with you dough about the baking shows Pug, big deal making a cake, me granny made thousands of lovely cakes in her day and she wasn’t looking for any medals either, just thank her and say it was lovely, which they all were, and she’d be over the moon.
I can boil delicious eggs and make mouth watering toast, that’s about it, but only when the wife is out as she won’t let me mess about in ‘Her” kitchen, quite right she is too, she don’t mess about in my shed, result= peace and harmony.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 07:43 PM

Yebbut-just keep in mind,Jem,that it's HER vacuum cleaner only until it requires unblocking...and it's YOUR shed only until your goddess decides it's perfect for putting boxes in. Usually sellotaped,knackered cardboard boxes filled with stuff you haven't seen-or used-for years,that DARE you to try lifting them without them collapsing. And if you do manage to move them out of your way,you will be informed [in case you were unaware] most vociferously of your total incapability to 'leave things alone'...until the boiler suddenly goes tits-up,in which case SURELY you know boilers need maintenance,so why haven't you got your tools [which are behind a stack of collapso-boxes] and fixed it yet? See?

THAT'S why Guinness was invented!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 11:07 PM

Guinness was only good, when mixed with Barley Wine, 50/50. Imo.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

01-11-2016, 11:18 PM

Ah someone mentioned my lovers name in vain.

My Cool Dark Friend. by Jem.

She’s tall and dark with a head of blonde
And years ago we formed a bond
We’re together whenever we can
She’s for me and I’m her man

I’m always happy when she’s around
Even happier when I let her down
She makes me laugh and sometimes cry
But we’re still in love, her and I

The other woman gets into a huff
Pity about her, that’s tough
She’s alway trying to keep us apart
Making me suffer and breaking my heart

I’m getting old now, but she’s always young
Cool and bitter, pleasing on the tongue
Oils your throat and all that’s in us
You just can’t beat a pint of Guinness.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

01-11-2016, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Guinness was only good, when mixed with Barley Wine, 50/50. Imo.
oh you adulterous mon - guiness alone as Jem said - Barley wine alone - as I said but mixing them for goodness sakes laddie go and wash out ya mouth with drambuie shandies!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

01-11-2016, 11:33 PM

And now brought to you by the ministry of useless information.

Well well well, three coins and a fountain pen, the contents of the “Secret Painter” Yules Brocco’s pocket when he was found dead in a Paris attic in 1983. Strange World isn’t it, Brocco never sold a painting in his life and today no amount of money could buy one of his works, I think the Masons scooped them all up at rock bottom prices when they were first put up for auction in 1903. He worked as a civil servant until he was 43 then his heavy drinking lost him his job, he was chronically shy and never showed his work so nobody knew about him until 35 paintings were found in his lodgings when he died of liver failure. His “Reclining Banana on a Summers Evening” is priceless and is in the louvre but not on public display, one can however apply for permission the view it, I knew one of the porters from a holiday he spent in Dublin back in the 80’s so I managed to get a look at it when the wife and me were there many years ago, no photo’s allowed though, it depicts a yellow naked lady sleeping on a huge crimson fig leaf on a tropical beach, her body is banana shaped and her eyes are apples, a pleasant picture and easy on the eyes, sort of reminded me of Salvador Dali’s work but way before his time, maybe Dali wasn’t as original as we all thought he was, it measures about 6 feet high and 5 feet wide, not a lot of people know that.
By the way nobody knows who the model was for the banana lady, rumour has it she split before the painting was completed, sorry I couldn’t resist that.

All together now, in loving memory of Yules Brocco,

“Three coins and a fountain pen
Each one seeking happiness
Thrown by three hopeful lovers
Which one will the fountain bless”
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2016, 11:40 PM

Yes, the Banana Splits influenced my journey.

Page 120 of 1676 « First < 20 70 110 118 119 120 121 122 130 170 220 620 1120 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top