Join for free
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 10:01 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Thank you Mags, you are a treasure
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Thank you Mags, you are a treasure
You are very welcome Robert
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 10:13 PM

Talking about the wife’s sisters, Christ I’ve just had a bellyful of them here a while ago, there’re all gone off in a minibus taxi, they never stopped yapping, God help the poor driver,
They’re all off to an 80th birthday do tonight herself and five sisters, her brother is 80 today.
Unfortunately I had to give it a miss due to a badly sprained ankle, I missed a rung on the ladder yesterday as I got down from fixing an outside spotlight, but you won’t hear me complaining, I suffer in silence martyr that I am , while she’s living it up guzzling champagne and doing the cha cha cha I’ll be all alone minding the Dog, but the peace is wonderful, I wouldn't swap it a share in Guinness.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 10:35 PM

Jem, never get Monophobia, its better to be Stereo-typical.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 11:35 PM

gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 09:41 AM

I've donated my body to medical science?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 10:13 AM

That's very noble of you Gummy, lets hope when they're finished with you they do a better job than they did with Humpty Dumpty.

gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 10:40 AM

Jem can you stop putting so many utubes up - it's overloading the site and taking up too much time for us to listen to?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 01:27 PM

Cheer up Gummy!
Tis the season to be jolly. X
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

02-12-2018, 04:09 PM

No problem at all Gummy, anything to keep you from getting grumpy during the festive season, lord knows there’s enough of that about.

Infamous names.
I saw a film last night (The Fly II) starring Eric Schultz and I immediately thought of the gangster Dutch Schultz, funny how that immediately clicks in the mind. Then I began to understand why you never hear of anyone with the surname Stalin of Hitler anymore, Rasputin, Himmler, Capone, Dillinger.
If you want to go back further there was Goliath the giant Philistine who was slain by a little upstart of a youth called David, there are millions of Davids but not one Goliath today.
Come to think of it, if my missus was jewish she might have been called Phyllis Stein, and if my name was Frank when we walked down the avenue folks would say “Hey look! there goes Frank and Stein”
Lets not forget the most despised name of all Lucifer, wonder what would happen if your name was Nicolas Lucifer and you applied for a job as a clerk in Vatican City? I’m sure there are a few innocent blokes called Ted Bundy still out there cursing the guilty Ted Bundy for shaming the name.
Personally I think your surname does make people think twice, remember the actress Hazel Court when she thought twice and broke off her engagement to composer Anthony Nutt.
If you inherited an infamous name would you change it?, I know I would, if you want to get ahead get a good handle as they say in show business.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top