Join for free
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 12:38 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Pug is like a Genie Sweetie, he only arrives when he’s asked a question, and no better man for giving the answer.

I knew a girl named Gertrude Gummy, I loved her so much that I wrote a poem about her.

There was a young girl called Gerty
Who was rather randy and flirty
One day she met Basil, who made her eyes dazzle
When she saw what was under his shirty.
I'm reporting you Jem to the mods for not being rude enough!
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 04:26 AM

My local charity asked me for ideas to raise money for researching Dermatitis.

....they weren't happy when I suggested scratch-cards....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 02:56 PM

Scratch cards how are yeh
Ollie: "You know Stanley, beauty is only skin deep"
Stan: "Yes, so who peeled you Ollie?"

Gummy, I taped a film last night and watched it today ‘Eureka Stockade” (1948). I really enjoyed it.
Set in Australia in about 1845, all about goldminers rebelling against unfair taxes and restrictions, they were led by a fella from Co. Laois (then called Queen’s County) in Ireland, Peter Lalor, a right massacre ensued after a spy in the miners camp informed the military about the build up of weapons at the camp, there’s always a squealer isn’t there.
I thought the film was very well made for it’s day, the action scenes, albeit in black and white, were as good if not better than you’d see today in a big budget film. I believe there was an Australian TV series of this event made in the 1970’s, with Bryan Brown as Lalor.
I have to admit that I never heard of Peter Lalor until I saw this film of a true and seemingly very important event in Australian history. Peter survived the massacre but lost an arm and went on to be the first rebel to be elected to the Australian Parliament. Good on ya Peter me boyo.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 03:00 PM

I once lived in Ballarat Jem and visited the actual Eureka Stockade many times - and it always gave me a buzz!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 05:23 PM

I'm a bit fed up today.
Ignore me. X
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 07:09 PM

We all get like that every now and then Sweetie, you’re always in good form so you are due an off day when you feel like it, ignore you? never, leave you in peace yes.
Just wait until those two lousy months January and February hit, all the grumps come out of the woodwork to try to make the rest of us go out in sympathy with them. It’s always the same every new year.

When i’m feeling low I always remember the words of the poet and author Flann O’Brien, you could imagine the pint of plain is a bottle of wine.

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 07:13 PM

Thanks Jem. X
I will post my story after my dinner.
We need more stories.
It will take my mind off my concerns.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

03-12-2018, 08:42 PM

Why I hate Turkey.

When I was a very little girl, my Daddy asked me if I would like to go with him and choose a Turkey for Christmas dinner.
I had never seen a turkey, and I was intrigued.
So we set off in his car, shortly before Christmas, to one of his farmer friends to choose a turkey.

On arrival, I could not believe how ugly and noisy they were inside this big cage. As he opened the cage door I could smell the pooh!!!! Suddenly as we both entered, the turkeys went crazy!!! I stayed close to the door, as my Daddy disappeared amongst a flutter of feather and mania.

I was wearing my new red mittens, with a snowflake pattern that my Mum had knitted for me. A couple of the turkeys suddenly spotted me and started pecking at my coat, I tried to shoo them away, but one of those nasty birds got it's beak stuck on my mitten and started to pull at the thread. Then a few more joined in, pecking at my other mitten, slowly I saw them unravel, the snowflakes disappeared, and red wool was all over the cage. I cried out for my Daddy!!!! Those turkeys made so much noise, my cries for help were drowned out!

The next thing my Daddy came back with a sack, picked me up, and we were off and away.

The next day, I saw that turkey hanging in the outhouse, I crept in, and I was sure it was watching me, so I ran off!!!
I have never been able to eat turkey since that day.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 11:18 PM

I am in danger of posting a lot of gobbledygook, nowt new there.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

03-12-2018, 11:36 PM

And I was going to send you a turkey for Christmas, that’s that shot down.
A great story of how we can all develop phobias when we’re young, if it’s any consolation I hate turkey too, always have, just don’t like the dry taste of it.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top