Join for free
Page 124 of 1676 « First < 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 174 224 624 1124 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2016, 05:43 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

You must miss your old place RJ.

God! isn't daytime TV just crap, repeating the same old films over and over again, they must think we're all senile and can't tell the difference, "Hell Drivers" has been on Talking pictures for the past three days now, this station started off great now it's descending into continually showing the same film several times in one week just like Film4, what a pity, we can all put up with a few repeats but that's a bit over the top. I'm glad I'm exempt from paying the license fee.
Phew! that's that off me chest.

I see there's a thread entitled "Rules", funny that I was just thinking about rules in general last night when I scribbled this down.

Rules Rule OK!

We are all bound by rules of some sort or other, from cradle to grave, we’ve always had rules even those outside the law have their own rules, and anyone who thinks we can all live together without rules is daft, we’re stuck with them like it or not.
Having said that I was told that in hell all the rules work in reverse, for example, if a sign in hell said “Don’t walk” you would walk, or “Do not Spit” then you would be obliged to spit. The devil himself likes his own little jokes and sticks a few bogie signs up here and there like “This way out” and “Don’t stand too close to the furnace on hot days” “Fire escape” “Ices” and so on, 50 lashes for each breach of the rules, it’s kind of hard to know what you are supposed to do down there but confusion of the mind is all part of your punishment, although I believe you get used to it after the first 10,000 years, so a chap from purgatory, the nearest place to hell, was telling me.

Wonder what the rules are like in Heaven?
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2016, 08:12 PM

Jem, I wrote this poem 6 years ago.

Heaven is a wondrous place
Where all is calm, devoid of race
No black no white, no in-between
Precious metals, jewels are seen
Silver streams gush and flow
Golden raindrops , bright rainbows
I once went there I know not how or when,
I would like to go again
It was a wondrous place
I knew every face
Smiling at me amongst precious stones
Speaking softly in dulcet tones
“Is he coming soon” wafted the voice
“All in God’s time” then we’ll rejoice
His father’s here and now his mother
The heads turned , smiling at each other
“He’s struggling, can’t we bring him to Glory?”
“ A little longer , when he has finished his story”.

(c) RJ 2010
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2016, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Gumbud, was this latest post, complimentary. I may have made my locality sound a bit off, or odd. Rest assured it is as flawed & fudged as the next encampment.
Yes I think so cos as a dyed in the wool (whatever that means) attention seeker craves approval. That’s my problem or as my very modern gramps used to say
“Your opportunity”.
Justamo, the phrase “Damned with faint praise” has struggled and pushed its way into my frontal lobe. I know this because of Phineas Gage’s accident with a crow bar.

Good of you travel across cyberspace in the middle your
night to post your views.
There, thats enough for this much misunderstood would be polymath to grapple with for now. An eidetic memory would help. Can I get one on Ebay?
a poem for you dear!

It’s not there anymore?
the town of my childhood
is no longer there
oh the name's still the same
but the familiar is rare

the village of youth
is still on the map
but it's warmth and it's kindness
has drained like the sap

the town of my manhood
has transformed itself
no longer slow hamlet
now bursting with stealth

the city I passed through
and spent just a while
has now become wilder
and oozing with bile

the southern most city
I eventually called home
has changed from meandering
built mormons of stone

so I moved even further
close to nature and bush
but that relentless machine
pours out concrete like dust

we think we grown smarter
techno freaks in our boxes
the odd drive to the country
then steal back 'city foxes'

we've lost that connection
with calm and no bluster
with natures reflections
our worlds now lack lustre

© gumbud OZ
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2016, 11:26 PM

There seems to be a lot of copywriting going on, this is very reassuring.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2016, 03:11 AM

RIGHT!
It's been getting a tad droll on our 'cheap 'n' cheerful' special 'muppets only' forum of late. So-just to lighten the mood,PLUS give y'all a target to aim your hilarious wit at...I,PURELY by accident,found this photo,taken circa two months ago,as I was checking the HD of an old 'puta I'm selling.
Have a chuckle,chaps [and chaperinas,natch]
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2016, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
RIGHT!
It's been getting a tad droll on our 'cheap 'n' cheerful' special 'muppets only' forum of late. So-just to lighten the mood,PLUS give y'all a target to aim your hilarious wit at...I,PURELY by accident,found this photo,taken circa two months ago,as I was checking the HD of an old 'puta I'm selling.
Have a chuckle,chaps [and chaperinas,natch]
erhh what erhh where?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2016, 07:55 AM

Is it a Piccy of a Megabyte?
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2016, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Is it a Piccy of a Megabyte?
Eureka .......... I think it must be a pic of a pot of vanishing cream given by me to my OH a while back, we've looked all over for it. No sign of it until now.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

04-11-2016, 09:32 AM

Droll, mebbe. I think the regulars in here are a special bunch, there is a group connection that keeps us contributing to the thread regardless of our ups & downs. moods...............................
(dang that dotty line pops up everywhere)
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

04-11-2016, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Droll, mebbe. I think the regulars in here are a special bunch, there is a group connection that keeps us contributing to the thread regardless of our ups & downs. moods...............................
(dang that dotty line pops up everywhere)
I concur however it is somewhat of a challenge to detect mood swings on a flat screen with millions of pixies!

for example I had a flat line last night but it was only because I had pulled out my earphone cord and would not have been detected by other viewers. my greatest mood swings are on the porch with a cuban lady between my lips and a good slug of bourbon in me belly! I have been known to drop the cuban lady into the bourbon occasionally but this is a rare event and she never complains.

mind you dropping her grey fluffy hat into the bourbon would not go down well at all and when she falls between my thighs that causes a rapid swing in moods and elevations!

happy smoking playmates!

Page 124 of 1676 « First < 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 174 224 624 1124 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top