Join for free
Page 129 of 505 « First < 29 79 119 127 128 129 130 131 139 179 229 > Last »
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 04:56 PM

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

Apparently, we are moving to the next level.

It'll be on the news at 5 pm.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Apparently, we are moving to the next level.

It'll be on the news at 5 pm.
Ive been in lockdown since Xmas!!😫😫😫

MDonkeyman!
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 05:53 PM

596 confirmed cases now 10 died (in total)

There's a program on BBC2 right now (16.52) they are waiting for PM and 2 others to come to 3 podiums outside downing st
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 06:44 PM

They're moving to the next stage now - Delay.

Actions to be taken next:

from tomorrow if you have Covid 19 (or ANY respiratory) symptoms (high fever and a new and continuous cough) however mild you should self-isolate & stay at home for at least 7 days

They are advising older people to avoid cruises and trips abroad for schools are banned.

They aren't closing schools just yet or cancelling large sports events.

Timing is very important as they want to protect people in the most crucial period and delay the amount of cases the NHS has to deal with at once. Pushing it into the summer will help NHS cope when generally there are less cases of respiratory disease.

They may also isolate an entire household if just one person in the family gets symptoms in future, but this isn't happening just yet.

The next stage along they want to protect more vulnerable people but don't want to activate it too early. But vulnerable and elderly people will be asked further along to self isolate regardless of whether they have it or not when the virus peaks in this country.

The Chief Scientific Adviser says we are 4 weeks behind Italy (death toll in Italy has just passed 1,000) in the scale of the outbreak.

The UK (including NI) is not closing schools as chlldren only seem to get it very mildly anyway, but the ROI have closed schools.

They believe they are between 5,000 - 10,000 cases in the country already, many milder, not realising they have it and passing it on.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 06:46 PM

They are saying older folk with health conditions will be asked to stay at home for quite a long period.
I don't have COPD or any sort of respiratory condition, although this past year I've caught more colds than ever before.
I'm wondering if it's something which is sensible to do or it will cause more panic buying or problems trying to keep people fed and comfortable. If my daughter gets it I'll be stuck. She's got thyroid problems, not sure if that makes her vunerable.
My eldest has very bad asthma and often ends up in hospital, she can't stay home or she won't get paid. I think it would be more sensible for her to stay in than me!

Im getting very confused.
Susan68
Up North, UK

12-03-2020, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
They are saying older folk with health conditions will be asked to stay at home for quite a long period.
I don't have COPD or any sort of respiratory condition, although this past year I've caught more colds than ever before.
I'm wondering if it's something which is sensible to do or it will cause more panic buying or problems trying to keep people fed and comfortable. If my daughter gets it I'll be stuck. She's got thyroid problems, not sure if that makes her vunerable.
My eldest has very bad asthma and often ends up in hospital, she can't stay home or she won't get paid. I think it would be more sensible for her to stay in than me!

Im getting very confused.

I have under active thyroid, if you daughter's is underactive just make sure her dose is enough and she should be ok. If the thyroxine levels drop too low then her immune system will be less effective.

I have a nut allergy I notice if my thyroid levels are low I get allergy reactions to things that may only have the tiniest of traces.

If my thyroid is ok I have had no reaction on foods that only say 'may contain nuts' if they've been made on the same machine or may only get a very small response like sudden itching after eating something, if I take a couple of extra anti histamines straight away it reverses within 15 mins.

Eating actual nuts and some seeds gives me a stronger allergic reaction and in the case of peanuts ..full anaphylactic reaction (lips/throat swelling etc).

I also get episodes of blurred vision and lightheadedness if my thyroid levels are too low.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
No! London self combusted due to the use of inappropriate
cladding dOOd and all the aristocracy and public figures like
Izaac Newton decamped anr wen home whilst the plague rid the
city of most of the undesirables!
The fire was very opportune as it decontaminated the city as well
as clearing all the slums ready for Christopher Wren to make his
fortune rebuilding it, which he never managed to complete?
Something like crossrail! And england has never recovered from
these two events!!
Donkeyman 🙄🙄🙄
Remoaners, snowflakes, johnny foreigner and the bbc ... don't get me started. Grrr
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Susan68 ->

Actions to be taken next:

from tomorrow if you have Covid 19 (or ANY respiratory) symptoms (high fever and a new and continuous cough) however mild you should self-isolate & stay at home for at least 7 days

They are advising older people to avoid cruises and trips abroad for schools are banned.

The next stage along they want to protect more vulnerable people but don't want to activate it too early. But vulnerable and elderly people will be asked further along to self isolate regardless of whether they have it or not when the virus peaks in this country.
Are they nuts ???? 7 days ??? That is not even close to enough time. 14 days is the absolute minimum. 21 days is much more like the correct amount of time.

When the virus peaks ??? What the hell are they waiting for ??? That's like saying, 'If your house is on fire, you should wait to evacuate until the fire is at it's worst before running away'.

Sounds to me as if "they" are more concerned with the economic impact than with the virus.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 09:23 PM

Think this bloke talks a lot of sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcswi8PCZEc&t=0s
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Are they nuts ???? 7 days ??? That is not even close to enough time. 14 days is the absolute minimum. 21 days is much more like the correct amount of time.

When the virus peaks ??? What the hell are they waiting for ??? That's like saying, 'If your house is on fire, you should wait to evacuate until the fire is at it's worst before running away'.

Sounds to me as if "they" are more concerned with the economic impact than with the virus.
Bakerman, on the house on fire anology, that is exactly what they
ask you to do in this country!
Have you heard of grenfell towers?

Donkeyman!

Page 129 of 505 « First < 29 79 119 127 128 129 130 131 139 179 229 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top