Join for free
Page 13 of 33 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 12:39 PM

Re: Margret Thatcher

Originally Posted by plantman ->
All of my posts are just my opinion, aren't yours?
I try not to imply an opinion, as it seems to change on a daily basis.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Wrong Barry, there was one Tory MP and a Tory peer who were also 'banged up' for fraud. Then of course going a little way back in history there was Jeffrey Archer - another Tory MP 'banged up' for fraud. Then there was Aitken - who served time for taking back-handers and then lying about it.
I know it seems quite incredible that you can be wrong UJ, but I'm afraid you are on this one...

As it happens four Labour MPs and two conservative peers were jailed over the recent expenses scandal, check it out here..
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I try not to imply an opinion, as it seems to change on a daily basis.
Is that just your opinion of your opinion?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
A Chancellor is not a President, Mrs President only has only control of certain parts of the German economy. It's debt ratio is higher than ours an it can't control it's own interest rates because they are governed by the European Central Bank. It only keeps it's triple A rating because both the rating agencies realise it is the central lone master for the Central European Bank. As far as doing better than Britain when Greece, Portugal, Italy, Cyprus and Ireland default on their loans the German tax payer gets a hike in their tax rates and a drop in their standard of living.

Don't get me started on Austria we were there when they told us how much money they had paid out for their transalpine railway system, only to be told by the EU that they could not operate it because it breached EU state support regulations.

Now give me one single example how the monarchy has any influence on a single economic policy in Britain and don't go on about her wage drop in real terms. She now pays for the running of Windsor Castle out of her own savings.

Cate darlin' - Angela Merkel is Chancellor, not President - Germany also has a President as a Head of State too.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I know it seems quite incredible that you can be wrong UJ, but I'm afraid you are on this one...

As it happens four Labour MPs and two conservative peers were jailed over the recent expenses scandal, check it out here..
And Jeffrey Archer and Jonathan Aitken??? - and what about all the Tory MPs who were caught taking back-handers from Mohammed Al-Fayed for asking questions in the House. One of them (David Willetts) is now a Cabinet Minister????
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 01:09 PM

Interesting link http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-pay-hike.html and http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...n_2448503.html
Now can you understand why I keep saying, one rule for the rich and one for the poor.
Ruddy list of them here http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/e...ve-pay-bonuses
I wish some folks would wake up and smell the coffee.
It's nice, just had a nice cup of Latte.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 01:14 PM

Nice one Arfa....
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 01:34 PM

You will probably recognize that I didn't write this but it was sent to us by a mathematics student when we asked 'what have the bankers done for us'?
This is his answer:

As for the bankers, we bailed the banks out to the tune of almost £1 trillion when you include the compound levies and generational tax increases exclusively allocated to pay off the debt incurred from the bail out. We are still allowing these same bankers to take bonuses whilst the British pensioners are forced to make a decision to heat their homes or eat.

One example of the disgust we should have for bankers surrounds the trade in derivatives and futures. Within the UK there are £1,000 Trillion in volume of these financial inventions traded a year. They were and remain the single largest vehicle for investment firms across the entire world and there are a little over 100 people in the entire financial world who actually understand in full how these products work.

And that is how they get away with it, what is it I here you say, what is it they are getting away with? It’s the most expensive variation of the king’s new clothes scam ever invented. You see these derivatives are actually very very complex theoretical mathematical formulas. They are not products like most people would understand, pork bellies, frozen OJ or Gold and Crude Oil, they are simply mathematical prediction more complex than the most sophisticated weather prediction models.

When I say there are little more than 100 people in the entire financial system who understand these things, the truth is unfortunately a little more evasive than that. The people who wrote these are theoretical mathematicians, yes the Steven Hawking’s of this world. And there are so few of them and the all know how to read the others proprietary information that the actual calculations are highly confidential.

But what they all know is that, given that none of the rest of the financial world recognised the Subprime Mortgage element of their calculations was inherently flawed, then they can continue to convince the entire financial world that they and they alone can invent and sell these derivatives and no one else has a chance of contradicting their data because no one else understand it.

As I said, the biggest ever Kings New Clothes Scam.

So what is the answer, a simple 1% tax on all derivatives and futures sold in the UK and transacted by UK banks and investment houses would result in at least a £1 Trillion tax windfall over the first year alone and then a reduction to 0.5% thereafter would make it financially more prudent for the investment houses to keep their operations here as the expenses involved in moving all their operations out on the UK greater than the cost of the tax.

Too complicated for you Uncle Joe, well it was for me, so here is the simple version, the last 3 years banker’s bonuses paid to bankers who are employed by banks who still owe us the British tax payer for bailing them out was £22bn when you include compounded interest and share capital allocations. How much are we owed by the bailed out banks? Using the same calculations over £100bn.

How much does HRH and the Monarchy in its entirety cost Britain? Actually according to the statistics from the OECD, Britain earns around £1.784bn more in tourism and inward investment as a DIRECT result of the Monarchy than they actually cost the British tax payer. I just wish the robbing bankers were that cost beneficial to us.

I wouldn’t mind but so little of the bankers bonuses are actually spent here in the UK, so they are not even helping the British economy by spending their ill gotten gains.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

10-04-2013, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
And Jeffrey Archer and Jonathan Aitken??? - and what about all the Tory MPs who were caught taking back-handers from Mohammed Al-Fayed for asking questions in the House. One of them (David Willetts) is now a Cabinet Minister????
Are those cases anything to do with my example of the recent expenses fraud, and the point I was trying to make regarding greed not being exclusive to a particular class? Or are you that desperate to be right that you just change everything to suit yourself? Isn't that just being greedy with rightness...
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

10-04-2013, 02:43 PM

Yes Barry, I thought you'd duck the issue of attempting to defend Jeffrey Archer, Jonathan Aitken and all the other Tory MPs who, during John Major's premiership got caught with their grubby, sticky little fingers in the till. I've had a watching brief on a few of them ever since the 'Guardian' exposed their little plot.

Page 13 of 33 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top