Join for free
Page 13 of 54 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2013, 10:57 PM

Re: Madeleine McCann

Maybe they thought it very important to get as much publicity as quickly as possible, the more news coverage - the more people being on red alert, making it harder for the kidnappers to hide her. I think I too, would want to tell the police, newspapers, reporters, TV, and as many members of the public as physically possible, as quickly as possible, because surely the more people that know - the more people keeping a look out, and that could only be good?
Maybe it would have been much harder to do this whilst also trying to hold onto two babies as well? I really don't know, but I doubt if anyone does either, except the parents themselves. I'm reluctant to pass judgement either way, without knowing half the facts.
Also, it would be natural for any parent to be in a severe state of shock, and to be fair, it would be very hard to think straight if that were the case. There must have been millions of things whirling round in their heads, so I imagine it would be impossible to appear "normal" in those circumstances
It's also very natural for the rest of us to give our opinions, but we are sitting in the comfort of our own homes, emotions intact, no cameras glaring, hopefully with our own children safe, and without the nightmare happening to us, so I guess we would are bound to see things in a different way. I also think that Maddy always looked clean, well kept and happy and certainly not like an unloved child.
I just think it is all so very sad because that little girl didn't ask for any of it.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2013, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
One thing that has always struck me is the days after the child was missing they were wondering around doing interviews and other things and leaving the other 2 kids in the crech, if you have just lost one you would have the other 2 glued to your side ... not go off all day and leave them with strangers .
The news made a point of filming them taking the kids to the creach as I think they thought it was odd as well.
That was the same for me....
Also if I walked in and my child was gone, I would rush out the flat screaming her name 'looking for her' As I've seen many parents do on docus over the years, its the first natural reaction, to search.
I watched Crimewatch, I still feel the same and the 'new' evidence was clutching at straws.
Innocent or guilty, we dont know, we do know, they were inconsiderate parents at the least. Maddie asked where they were the night before, as the children were crying. Didn't stop them on the following night, also there were some burglaries in the complex leading up, would you have left your children - no.
I hope there is an outcome to this. My last view on it, having seen the programme ......
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2013, 10:33 AM

One thing that shocked me watching crimewatch was that
all the parents in the group left their children alone from 8.30 -10 when the alarm was raised. I know they checked on them from time to time but that is not good enough for me.

One parent didn't return to the meal because their child had 'become ill ' presumably when left alone.
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2013, 01:37 PM

Not mentioned in the Crimewatch programme, they showed the patio door being closed and although mentioning several times that the children's door was left ajar neglect to mention the fact that the patio door was left unlocked for ease of access
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

15-10-2013, 02:10 PM

If i was the parents of that girl i would of topped myself with remorse and shame,not gone on TV and wrote a book and looked for sympathy?
And why were the parents not charged with neglect?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2013, 02:13 PM

They should have been charged.
Meg - they go on holidays with these couples frequently, so thats obviously the way they handled things .....
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2013, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Maybe they thought it very important to get as much publicity as quickly as possible, the more news coverage - the more people being on red alert, making it harder for the kidnappers to hide her. I think I too, would want to tell the police, newspapers, reporters, TV, and as many members of the public as physically possible, as quickly as possible, because surely the more people that know - the more people keeping a look out, and that could only be good?
Maybe it would have been much harder to do this whilst also trying to hold onto two babies as well? I really don't know, but I doubt if anyone does either, except the parents themselves. I'm reluctant to pass judgement either way, without knowing half the facts.
Also, it would be natural for any parent to be in a severe state of shock, and to be fair, it would be very hard to think straight if that were the case. There must have been millions of things whirling round in their heads, so I imagine it would be impossible to appear "normal" in those circumstancesIt's also very natural for the rest of us to give our opinions, but we are sitting in the comfort of our own homes, emotions intact, no cameras glaring, hopefully with our own children safe, and without the nightmare happening to us, so I guess we would are bound to see things in a different way. I also think that Maddy always looked clean, well kept and happy and certainly not like an unloved child.
I just think it is all so very sad because that little girl didn't ask for any of it.
A very sympathetic and well reasoned post mups.
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2013, 05:41 PM

and it wasn't the first night the children had been left....Kate McCann says when she went to check on the children...she looked in the room everything looked OK...when she went to close the door ..it banged shut...that was when she realized the window was open....so she must have come back out that room without actually seeing Maddie..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

15-10-2013, 06:05 PM

Yes - not a very good check was it .....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2013, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by lavander ->
and it wasn't the first night the children had been left....
I assume it was something which happened on every evening
Kate McCann says when she went to check on the children...she looked in the room everything looked OK...when she went to close the door ..it banged shut...that was when she realized the window was open....so she must have come back out that room without actually seeing Maddie..
I noticed that Lisa and I got the impression those checking on the children just peeped through the door what is more the twins were in travel cots and I know from experience that you need to go right up them in order to see the baby through the mesh sides.

I don't think for a moment the McCanns harmed their child but I do think they were grossly negligent as were the other parents leaving their children alone in a strange place and out of their range of hearing .

I note the McCanns were in the end apartment right next to a road with another road behind. My blood runs cold at the thought of leaving three little ones alone in such a vulnerable position.

Page 13 of 54 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top