Join for free
Page 13 of 35 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 07:12 AM

Re: Same Sex Marriages.

Sorry I have to come back to this one alternative lifestyle ? what alternative lifestyle they want a traditional lifestyle with love and marriage, monogamy and not to have any alternative to that.
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

06-06-2013, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Sorry I have to come back to this one alternative lifestyle ? what alternative lifestyle they want a traditional lifestyle with love and marriage, monogamy and not to have any alternative to that.
yes true but they also keep on saying "we want the same as everyone else" - but they are not the same as everyone else - you cannot have the same as everyone else if you are not the same - it is impossible
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 07:40 AM

Same sex marriages are not part of a traditional lifestyle

Tradition:..custom, opinion or belief handed down to posterity, long established procedure

Another word definition needs to be changed it seems !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 08:59 AM

Of course they are like everyone else, look my father was gay he was as normal as anyone else he would have loved to be able to marry a man in the same way he married my mother (except he would have had a happy life instead of the hell we all went through). He was a fabricator welder, worked most of his life until cancer took him. Got up in the morning and was exactly like any other father.
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

06-06-2013, 09:08 AM

Of course they are like everyone else, look my father was gay he was as normal as anyone else he would have loved to be able to marry a man in the same way he married my mother (except he would have had a happy life instead of the hell we all went through). He was a fabricator welder, worked most of his life until cancer took him. Got up in the morning and was exactly like any other father.
No no - what the heterosexuals or perhaps most of them resent is that the homosexuals are saying - " we are different and recognize it and don't want to be heterosexual" but we want all the same practices and traditions and customs that have always been heterosexual for thousands of years - why cannot they go off and invent their own traditions, customs and practices - we don't mind - just don't keep in bothering us. It's like getting a tap tap tap on the shoulder all the time - can I join your club NO - THIS IS A HETEROSEXUAL CLUB - B....R OFF
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

06-06-2013, 09:12 AM

That's not what they are saying at all, they are only asking for equality and want to marry who they want, the rest is in your mind not theirs IMO

Honestly all this was said about black people at one time, now we would be disgusted at treating a black person as a second class citizen.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by mindbender ->
No no - what the heterosexuals or perhaps most of them resent is that the homosexuals are saying - " we are different and recognize it and don't want to be heterosexual" but we want all the same practices and traditions and customs that have always been heterosexual for thousands of years - why cannot they go off and invent their own traditions, customs and practices - we don't mind - just don't keep in bothering us. It's like getting a tap tap tap on the shoulder all the time - can I join your club NO - THIS IS A HETEROSEXUAL CLUB - B....R OFF
Then I wish those who do think like that would come right out and say what those reasons are - we all know what those reasons are but I would just love to hear them actually say it.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 09:13 AM

Honestly all this was said about black people at one time, now we would be disgusted at treating a black person as a second class citizen.
Very well said
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 09:34 AM

quote: "Honestly all this was said about black people at one time, now we would be disgusted at treating a black person as a second class citizen."

We're not discussing black people, why bring colour into it, if two black men or two black women wanted to call their legal civil union /marriage' I would feel exactly the same and I don't know what reasons you are imagining bv, perhaps you could say what they are? I don't care about anybody else' sex life, it's the hijacking of the term marriage which imo signifies a husband and wife
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

06-06-2013, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by maggis ->
and I don't know what reasons you are imagining bv, perhaps you could say what they are? I don't care about anybody else' sex life, it's the hijacking of the term marriage which imo signifies a husband and wife
And yet it was the thing you mentioned. I do think that's what it comes down to for a lot of people. As you have rightly said - it's your opinion and other people have theirs. Bear in mind that marriage, in the lifetime of humanity, is a relatively recent event and marriage between plebs in the sense that is now being discussed didn't even take place until well after medieval times; the chance of you and your husband getting married in church at one time would have zero - aren't you glad that things changed?

We're not discussing black people, why bring colour into it, if two black men or two black women wanted to call their legal civil union /marriage' I would feel exactly the same
Because the same arguments used against homosexuals getting married is pretty much the same kind of arguments used against black people for taking the same roles in society as everyone else; quite a good comparison I think.

Page 13 of 35 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top