Join for free
Page 13 of 24 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 01:01 PM

Re: Uncle Joe's new threads

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Then make a formal complaint to Azz and stop whining !
Whining? I have stated my views, as have the other posters here.

I have posted a single complaint in my 2 years here. I was not happy in how it was dealt with and have never bothered again, nor will I.

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Those of you that think this thread should have been shut down are on the wrong forum aren't you? This forum is called OVER50s not BUZZ if thats the sort of forum you want then sod off and join it!😠
I'm disappointed in you Doc.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
I have read a few Meg. I still don't understand what all the fuss is about.
Mel When large numbers of threads are posted (sometimes in quick succession) with very similar titles that do not reflect the content of the thread it becomes almost impossible to distinguish one thread from another eg

18th 04:00 PM
Two contrasting 'nasty party' policies!!!

18th 03:37 PM
Things are getting better for the 'nasty party' ???

18th 03:32 PM
Hypocritical 'nasty party' yet again!!!

18th 03:26 PM
Oh dear - another 'nasty party' scam
... The thread titles also fill up the 'Latest Thread' list with what appears to be spam.

The member responsible for the latest batch of threads was previously asked to add titles that reflect the content of his threads but hasn't complied .

That's it

I personal don't care who posted the threads but do wish some people would have a little more consideration for others who use this site.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Ruthio please see your opening post in the thread ,
the thread was clearly about one particular member even if that was not reflected in the title
I know exactly what I posted you don't need to quote it.

It was a lighthearted jest and that was all, I would never have chosen to put Joe's name in the thread title, never.
That was your choice not mine, and the thread has now turned into a fairly ugly and intense scrutiny of Joe's posting habits and has developed along the lines of an Inquiry.

Even my idea of a poll was picked over and scrutinised as if we were in a court of law, with posters named in a way I'm sure they never wanted, polarised...sledge hammers and nuts is right.

The lynch mob have taken over and I'm taking a break.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 01:42 PM

I thought the point of this thread was that a lot of members are not keen on 'just links'
If the poster gave his views and a clue on the subject - things would be better
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
Keep them coming Joe
Quite So.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 01:55 PM

Wow, pages and pages of ... stuff.

I wish someone had just put 'nasty' in the title and I'd have skipped it like I do all the others.

I suspect this will never get resolved ..because Azz can hardly punish a member for his choice of thread title , that would seem unfair and overly harsh, even if said member isn't willing to compromise and is aware of the trouble it's causing.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I know exactly what I posted you don't need to quote it.
I would never have chosen to put Joe's name in the thread title, never.
That was your choice not mine,
That is one of the problems I have with the threads concerned Ruthio the content of the thread is not reflected in the title. This is not always a problem except when so many threads have similar titles . I prefer not to touch any thread titles if at all possible. So, no it was not my choice and I did not touch yours.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

20-02-2016, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Wow, pages and pages of ... stuff.

I wish someone had just put 'nasty' in the title and I'd have skipped it like I do all the others.

I suspect this will never get resolved ..because Azz can hardly punish a member for his choice of thread title , that would seem unfair and overly harsh, even if said member isn't willing to compromise and is aware of the trouble it's causing.
Very 'to the point' Morty
I like it...
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 02:10 PM

If I were you I'd be tempted to name a thread..
The Nasty Party Link Lucky Dip and just stuff them all in there if there is no content to make it clear what it's about.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 02:12 PM

All Uncle Joe has to do to stop the confusion is number them ...

Daily Effiing Nasty Party Topic 1
Daily Effiing Nasty Party Topic 2
Daily Effiing Nasty Party Topic 3
Daily Effiing Nasty Party Topic 4

and so on.

Easier for Unc Joe and us don't you think .

Page 13 of 24 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top