Join for free
Page 13 of 21 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2021, 11:25 AM

Re: EU About to Block Vaccine For the UK.

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Norovax delays signing a deal with the EU over the vaccine fiasco.

Seems big businesses are wary of dealing with the EU as they can not be trusted over contract arrangements. The EU retaliation of spreading lies about them (as we see with AZ) when they don't get their own way is extremely damaging to their world-wide business reputations.

Expect more of this... especially from big Pharma and finance companies.

https://foxhole.news/2021/03/25/top-...accine-fiasco/
I wonder what the price. is Bread??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2021, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I wonder what the price. is Bread??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
I know I'm not Bread but the prices are online, you only have to look.

It's like going into a shop: if you and the shopkeeper agree a price and when the product is available or can be delivered you have a sale, otherwise you leave and look elsewhere.
Novavax most likely have seen the EU's tantrums and decided they would rather not have them direct their tactics at them, so no sale agreed.

Never mind though, it leaves more for us ........... and for the other countries that will use Novavax too.
It's another two-dose course which is more expensive than AZ's but cheaper at under £12/dose than both Pfizers and Modernas jabs too.
Valneva's is under £8/dose and again is expected to need two jabs.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2021, 07:41 AM

This is good news !

LONDON (Reuters) -A 20-second COVID-19 test will launch in Britain after regulators accepted its registration, the product’s distributor said on Friday, heralding a testing system it said could be used in airports, sports venues and businesses.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN2BI16V
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2021, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
I know I'm not Bread but the prices are online, you only have to look.

It's like going into a shop: if you and the shopkeeper agree a price and when the product is available or can be delivered you have a sale, otherwise you leave and look elsewhere.
Novavax most likely have seen the EU's tantrums and decided they would rather not have them direct their tactics at them, so no sale agreed.

Never mind though, it leaves more for us ........... and for the other countries that will use Novavax too.
It's another two-dose course which is more expensive than AZ's but cheaper at under £12/dose than both Pfizers and Modernas jabs too.
Valneva's is under £8/dose and again is expected to need two jabs.
Yes, l understandnovavax's motives for pulling out Zaphod !
Thanks for the price info though
So for a two jab novavax course it will cost £24 ? Which seems
excessive when compared to astra zeneka and other makes?
So maybe novavax has priced itself out of the market ?
Anyway, as you say, we shall see !

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2021, 03:41 PM

This is good news !

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN2BI16V
There's more good news with tests soon on an inhaled vaccine from Oxford, much like the way they give flu vaccines in schools already.
Promising stuff.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...KBN2BH2PS?il=0
Zaphod
Lincs UK

28-03-2021, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Yes, l understandnovavax's motives for pulling out Zaphod !
Thanks for the price info though
So for a two jab novavax course it will cost £24 ? Which seems
excessive when compared to astra zeneka and other makes?
So maybe novavax has priced itself out of the market ?
Anyway, as you say, we shall see !

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
No, I don't think Novavax are too expensive considering it's cheaper than both Pfizer and Moderna.
Key will be availabilty.
As both Pfizer & AZ have found: it's pointless developing a vaccine and selling it in huge quantities if there's going to be problems making it in those huge quantities.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

28-03-2021, 03:50 PM

I know the ban on EU exports is not only getting beyond silly but also maybe a bit boring, but this in today's Telegraph makes perfect sense.

"Exclusive: Britain to tell Brussels AstraZeneca jab would not exist without UK investment"

"The UK-EU negotiations will focus on defining what "reciprocity" means, whether it would include finished vaccines or their ingredients and whether and how a deal would take into account investment in vaccine development.

British officials will argue that the EU has benefited from £84 million in funding for the manufacturing for the AstraZeneca jab, developed by scientists at the University of Oxford. Without this cash, the UK will say, there would be no vaccine at all."

"Maros Sefcovic, the commission vice-president, told The Telegraph that investment in development would be one of the factors taken into consideration when evaluating reciprocity.

The commission does not see reciprocity as being based on a simple dose-for-dose formula, not least because it is a major manufacturing hub for the jab.

One diplomat said he was not surprised by the British demand, saying it "seemed fair".

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...uld-not-exist/

As usual yes, the Telegraph is Subscription-only - but a free trial is available otherwise the bits posted above give the general idea.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2021, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
No, I don't think Novavax are too expensive considering it's cheaper than both Pfizer and Moderna.
Key will be availability.

As both Pfizer & AZ have found: it's pointless developing a vaccine and selling it in huge quantities if there's going to be problems making it in those huge quantities.
I don't think so either. I just starting to wonder how long it will be before Pfizer and Moderna start reducing their prices for their C19 vaccines as the lower cost, easier to store versions from other suppliers become more readily available.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2021, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I don't think so either. I just starting to wonder how long it will be before Pfizer and Moderna start reducing their prices for their C19 vaccines as the lower cost, easier to store versions from other suppliers become more readily available.
AZ and Oxford already deployed their vaccine as a generic (near enough) so I think all other vaccines have a very short production life when the demand drops.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

29-03-2021, 04:21 PM

AZ and Oxford already deployed their vaccine as a generic (near enough) so I think all other vaccines have a very short production life when the demand drops.
Even more so if they don't adapt them to tackle new mutations quickly enough because AZ appear to be on the ball with that too.

Page 13 of 21 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top