Join for free
Page 13 of 48 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 05:04 PM

Re: The Indigenous Australians

the topic does feel well and truly spent??
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 05:36 PM

Not until it's solved is any topic actually spent IMO, and it feels as this one is on going.
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 06:02 PM

As a topic it's had it's time. Nothing resolved. Nothing can be resolved on a forum, but it was very interesting in parts. As Muddy says I have come from another forum; she suggests I should buzz off back there but I can buzz around between the two unlike some people who are now persona non grata.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 06:27 PM

It must be very boring on 'another forum 'if you feel the need to come over here as a new member to disrupt a topic.
Buzzing around being nasty demonstrates exactly why so many interesting people people have left 'the other forum' and come over to this friendly interesting forum.
Now back to the topic Indigenous Australians which you have tried so assiduously to derail .
Of course nothing can be resolved on a forum its for discussion on a social forum not the Houses of Parliament .
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by countrygirl ->
As a topic it's had it's time. Nothing resolved. Nothing can be resolved on a forum, but it was very interesting in parts. As Muddy says I have come from another forum; she suggests I should buzz off back there but I can buzz around between the two unlike some people who are now persona non grata.
Hey ... I'm still enjoying reading it. It's interesting ... and I mean both sides of the debate.
I hope that last line wasn't a jab at me. Very uncalled for if I may say so.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 07:13 PM

** Note no one here is interested in other forums or what happened there, please leave it at the door.
Thank you .
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 07:21 PM

Okay back to the indigenous people of Australia. They welcome Government investment but will not trade their identity and culture for financial aid. Why should they? Neither do they wish to be patronised. It's up to fair minded Australians to put this right via human rights: it is in their hands, not ours.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by countrygirl ->
I find your comments a little rude because, if you no longer like this topic you can just ignore it, but some people may wish to continue discussing it. I am also on the other forum, along with many others, and the majority have chosen to use this forum for their own reasons, of which I am sure you are aware. Of course you are entitled to use both forums, if you wish, but this is a site where people have discussions but don't make personal comments about other members and that is another reason that many chose to come to this site.
I am therefore politely asking you not to bring some of the aggression from the other site to this one, just enjoy the interesting debates that you choose to participate in.
countrygirl
West Midlands

27-10-2015, 07:49 PM

Thank you , I'm sure I will enjoy other debates and I will take my leave of this one on which there is little more to say.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2015, 09:03 PM

John Pilger who is Australian has made two formidable documentaries on the Aborigines.

One which he made in 1985 is called The Secret Country
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j_r0Wgg0T0

His latest made in 2013 is called Utopia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht8_5UlcgSQ
they make fascinating if sad viewing

Page 13 of 48 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top