Join for free
Page 13 of 29 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2016, 01:09 PM

Re: Theresa May

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Why would we save it until we can no longer enjoy it ? We still have savings for that rainy day. But that's not anyone else's business I don't comment on how anyone else spends their money I find offensive anyone would.
Offended or not that was not how it was intended ... I was merely illustrating that in that instance you got on with your life and fulfilled a personal ambition or desire out of life.
Which is what normal people do ( you can take that as flattery) ..

If you can't see how politics are part of life then that's great for you, I see it harming or helping everyone, it's part of everyone's lives whether they realise it or not.
And now you're insulting me ... governments come and go and none of them are perfect. Politicians and their policies affect me but the day I see Corbyn as the answer to my prayers, or the answer to the countries prayers I'll go pickle my head in a jar of vinegar because I'll know my commonsense had already ossified.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2016, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

there is one thing that I hope Theresa May does straight away.

That is to instruct the NHS to charge for treatment all EU and Non EU Citizens living here or visiting.

It is a nonsense that we don't.
Might i add that she gets rid of Osbourne as well.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2016, 01:13 PM

PS: I've had my daily fix here now and as I don't want to be rushed to A&E after a critical overdose I'm off out to do better things.

X
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

13-07-2016, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Bragging again are you???
Well someone has to do it UJ. ... I'm not posh ya know. A job is a job and it pays the bills.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2016, 01:26 PM

Oh really??? - so what's your excuse for this despicable policy - Hmmm???

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7023916.html
Since this is a comparatively new proposal, certainly to me, I don't propose to make an excuse for something which may or may not happen. He may not even be a minister in the next government.
Its typical though, that you try to brush off my post with a quote from a failing newspaper to try to divert attention from the mess that Labour have got themselves into, rather than express concern over the direction the bully boys are taking them.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2016, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
Since this is a comparatively new proposal, certainly to me, I don't propose to make an excuse for something which may or may not happen. He may not even be a minister in the next government.
Its typical though, that you try to brush off my post with a quote from a failing newspaper to try to divert attention from the mess that Labour have got themselves into, rather than express concern over the direction the bully boys are taking them.
I think problem is there has been bulling within labour for many years, some Blair supporters bullied grass roots supporters so it's not unheard of people turning the tables. I'm not saying it's right I find any bullying abhorrent. Tory party has its bullies too, I seem to recall a suicide of a party worker put down to the bullying there.

Bullies are all around us IMO no one party is to blame but all are complicit in it to some extent or other.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2016, 01:39 PM

I hope she gets rid of Crabb, Nicky (Little My) thingamebob and Gideon (Osborne) and Jeremy Hunt, they're all either useless or cruel.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2016, 01:47 PM

Some of us look beyond the labels at what they actually are and what they really stand for.
Like you user name for instance based on a brutal dictator Joe Starlin cold blooded murdered who sent thousands to their deaths. Are you asking us to look beyond that Uncle Joe

I have to laugh at the glorification of a mass murdered who was as bad as Hitler with the blood of millions people on his hands.
See..
Joseph Stalin's deadly railway to nowhere
Stalin's Gulags
Stalin’s 1944 deportations
http://www.bbc.co.uk/timelines/z8nbcdm

UJ you really should not be lecturing anyone on 'nasty parties ' when you support one of the mass murderers of all time.

Have you read Solzhenitsyn, I think you should.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2016, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Tell you what is odd. I was a cleaner too, office cleaner, scrubber of bogs ... when I was a sewing machinist I knew a few council house tenants who bought their houses at rock bottom subsidised prices. Another stupid idea then if memory serves right was Tax Relief on mortgages (up to 30,000). Sadly, I hang my head in shame to admit that that encouraged me to buy my first home.
I just go on with living my life and didn't look for political bogeymen hiding under the bed.
Presumably you did too when you bought your caravan for getaway weekends... rather than save it for a rainy day.
Good for you Morty you took the opportunity that presented itself instead of sitting on your behind complining .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2016, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Good for you Morty you took the opportunity that presented itself instead of sitting on your behind complining .
Yes and no one would say she was wrong to do that sadly though it is not always possible for people to do it themselves they need help, sitting on their backsides may be all a disabled person can do and plenty of people work really hard and still can't make life work well for them.

I was always proud to be part of a country that supported their les well off and disabled people, I'm now ashamed of the demonisation we have seen.

If that's complaining then I will continue to complain until we value them again too.

Page 13 of 29 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top