Join for free
Page 13 of 20 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 06:40 PM

Re: Who doesn't have the flu jab and why?

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I had the flu jab once a few years ago and I ended up with the worst bout of cold and flu I have ever had. Never again.

If we can stay away from infections such as people sneezing and other people with the flu, plus keep ourselves warm, wash our hands and keep ourselves fit then we will go some of the way to avoiding the flu.
In most cases anyway, some are just prone to catching the flu I guess.
I'm paranoid if anyone sneezes and splutters around me, sneeze and splutter around me and you will get a death stare It all stems from me having pneumonia and I am petrified of catching germs now. I think I need to start doing a Michael Jackson walking about with a surgical mask over my nose and mouth.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I'm paranoid if anyone sneezes and splutters around me, sneeze and splutter around me and you will get a death stare It all stems from me having pneumonia and I am petrified of catching germs now. I think I need to start doing a Michael Jackson walking about with a surgical mask over my nose and mouth.
Just as long as you don't ask to be frozen in a tomb...

The masks are what they do in Japan isn't it, LQ? But that's maybe more to do with the traffic smog than catching infections?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 07:57 PM

It would be nice if people who have flu could wear a surgical mask when on public transport, maybe surgical gloves too....

Anyway they are working on a universal flu vaccine so they will be able to capture all strains by getting the vaccine to adapt to mutations. You will then be able to have one shot as a child for decades of protection.

I'm sure there's just as much opposition within the industry to such a miracle vaccs. But it would be like the holy grail of vaccinations.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I am not interested in your so called 'facts'.
Very glad to hear it. That's step 1 on the journey to the truth.

I have no personal facts.

The facts you need to be interested in are those from the internationally respected Cochrane Institute, the organisation that sets the standards for medical testing protocols across the globe, which employs many 1000s of highly qualified medical experts in numerous fields. They've done "systematic reviews" of the vaccine and come to the conclusions I have outlined.

Read THEIR reports on the testing of Flu Vaccines.

Then look at the UK health services's own published figures for Flu Deaths each year. Not my facts. Facts of the UK health service. Deaths from Flu have been rising for a few years now. The links to the data are all in the Flu threads here.

That'll do for starters. I'm sure you can find your way from there.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2019, 10:04 AM

For me the flu jab is definitely NO i was so ill twice after having it while working with elderly folk and work encouraged me to have it . Personally i agree with the knowledge Realist lets us know about . I accept its not for everyone and each to his /her own but at least the information is there to peruse for those who may choose too.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2019, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
For me the flu jab is definitely NO i was so ill twice after having it while working with elderly folk and work encouraged me to have it . Personally i agree with the knowledge Realist lets us know about . I accept its not for everyone and each to his /her own but at least the information is there to peruse for those who may choose too.
Yes, as I mentioned in my posts #118 & #120 personal experience will always win through if we have any sense about us.
It's like the old saying "try anything once". If it works, continue. If it makes you feel worse, don't go there again.
Simple really isn't it?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2019, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Personally i agree with the knowledge Realist lets us know about . I accept its not for everyone and each to his /her own but at least the information is there to peruse for those who may choose too.
That's the point entirely.

The usual clique on here love to try and argue the toss with me about this stuff but the reality is they are arguing with the most respected medical testing organisations on the planet. They offer nothing but emotional rhetoric and annecdotal nonsense citing various excuses for having the vaccine when the medical research organisations have told us the vaccine is useless snake oil.

It's a very dangerous place to be because it means bloodyminded stubborness and refusal to face plain facts are taking the place of simple objective rational reasoning and that in turn means those people are going to be hugely vulnerable to the other scams the medical industry are busily perpetrating like for example Mammography.

On a personal level I couldn't give a hoot if people are stubborn enough to put themselves at risk, the problem however is that those people taking the flu shots are spreading actual flu around up to 6 times more than those who don't have the vaccines. So they are putting others at serious risk, which is kinda ironic because their own usual strap lines are that those people who don't have the vaccines are the ones putting others at risk. That's what facts and research does, it exposes the lies and myths peddled by the medical industry and those blindly following it.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2019, 09:24 PM

cochrane has confirmed that for every 7 children vaccinated for (live) flu one child is prevented from contracting it. Children are spreaders and they are the focus for prevention among the more vulnerable.

PPV Pneumococcal vaccine is effective against pneumonia. More so for healthy adults but still worth having.

There are insufficient studies (quoted by cochrane) on the adjuvant flu vaccine which boosts the immune system of older people. But they have confirmed it does no harm and may provide a benefit.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

09-08-2019, 09:32 PM

NB Realist on a separate vaccine issue that you have brought up here somewhere, here is a BMJ link citing the efficacy of the HPV vaccine against cervical cancer based on a ten year study. You may also have read the recent headlines on this. The main point of HPV vaccination is the prevention of cancer. It's proven to be working.

"Results During the follow-up of 4.5 to 10 years post enrolment we identified 75 cases of cervicalintraepithelial neoplasia grade 3 (CIN3) and 4 cases of invasive cervical cancer (ICC) in the unvaccinated cohort[, and 4 CIN3 cases in the HPV-16/18 vaccinated women. "

https://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/7/8/e015867

Only 4 cases in the vaccinated cohort vs 75 in the unvaccinated.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

10-08-2019, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
cochrane has confirmed that for every 7 children vaccinated for (live) flu one child is prevented from contracting it. Children are spreaders and they are the focus for prevention among the more vulnerable.
Tut tut tut Annie !!!

Firstly, no link given to the research and more importantly you've left out the crucial comments about how reliable the studies were.

Here's the link:

https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr...ccin%7Cvaccine

Cochrane comment:

"Data on the most serious consequences of influenza complications leading to hospitalisation were not available"

"For both vaccine types, the absolute reduction in influenza and ILI varied considerably across the study populations, making it difficult to predict how these findings translate to different settings . . . . Adverse event data were not well described in the available studies. Standardised approaches to the definition, ascertainment and reporting of adverse events are needed."

In simple terms what this means, as ever, is that procedures are not in place to properly record the instances of adverse effects of the vaccines. This is fairly typical of all vaccines. The industry has no vested interest to properly gather such data, they can only lose when such data reveals the true extent of harm to human life.

To know whether a vaccine is fit for purpose you need to properly know a number of key things:

1. How effective it is at preventing the condition it is designed to prevent
2. How many deaths it prevents
3. How many people it harms
4. How many people the vaccine kills

One can not make any sensible judgement on whether a vaccine is good or bad without such data and rolling vaccines out to the nation without having tested and provided that kind of data is both irresponsible and wicked.

Kids spread flu far more than other people. Giving them live flu strains in vaccines ensures that the flu virus is spread around the population rapidly and comprehensively thus creating it's own demand for the product.

We don't have "flu seasons" simply because viruses like to pop out of the woodwork during winter. We have flu seasons because that's when people start having flu vaccines which ensure that the flu viruses spread around.
It is a self serving industry.

Vaccinated children should be quarantined for 2 weeks. Of course if they did that, the demand for the vaccine would rapidly disappear imho.

Page 13 of 20 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top