Join for free
Page 13 of 21 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2020, 10:07 AM

Re: A Cheer For Boris!

Originally Posted by Judd ->
An excellent speech from Kate Hoey in the HoL today.
Kate is spot on as usual...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2020, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Kate is spot on as usual...
As Kate says the 'deal is not perfect' but I believe in time we will pull away and ahead of the EU and the imperfections will become resolved or insignificant.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2020, 10:52 AM

As Kate says the 'deal is not perfect' but I believe in time we will pull away and ahead of the EU and the imperfections will become resolved or insignificant.

I voted leave for many reasons, fishing one of the main ones. The deal so far does give us 100% control of our waters under the UK fisheries bill but with % quotas allocated and agreed to the EU fleet until 2026. After that, we negotiate on a yearly basis as promised by the government.

Fishing sites are calling for Boris head on a plate and saying its a complete sell out but to be honest I don't think it is, its just going to take a little bit longer until we can get out of the arrangements. Until then, I hope conservation is front and center so we can build up fishing stocks to where they were in the 1970s before we joined the CFP.

The main thing is that we are a completely sovereign nation that we can build on starting tonight at 11pm.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2020, 11:04 AM

Will Big Ben Bongs be rung for B&B. Boris and Brexit.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2020, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->

Will Big Ben Bongs be rung for B&B. Boris and Brexit.

Nigel should have been knighted.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2020, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I wasn't missing the point Bruce, I was saying that if people who chose to live in Australian want to work in Europe, then they need to follow the new rules to do so! If that is the only reason they have dual nationality then "hard luck" because the people who live in the UK will not stay in the EU to satisfy their needs.
Why do they choose to have dual nationality? If they don't need it I doubt that any Brexiteer will object to them becoming full Australian citizens.... especially when so many have been so rude about the country they chose to have a passport from.
They are full Australian citizens just as they are full British citizens. I am a dual national though personally I haven't had a British Passport for decades however I am still entitled to one. Whether a Brexiteer or Remainer objects to that is of no concern.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2020, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Nigel should have been knighted.

Doubt he would want one, seems they are only for abject failures as far as former PM's go.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2020, 12:45 PM

I see the propaganda to start a new partnership with EU has already
started?And the graphs demonstrating the loss of economy etc are
being rolled out again on TV !!
Our remainer fifth column has already started to find ways to get
"closer" to the EU again??
We should be weaning ourselves off of our dependency on EU
goods,not looking for ways to continue as before !!
I suspect that instead of using the opportunity to consolidate the
gains made by this "deal",we will squander them away and we will
continue to, much as before,with the ridiculous hordes of trucks
streaming across the channel every day and night, instead of seeking
out alternative suppliers etc?
Brexit was supposed to be the springboard for real change in UK,
but l fear that we will , in the next 5 years just slowly slide back to
the same old, same old again!!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2020, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I see the propaganda to start a new partnership with EU has already
started?And the graphs demonstrating the loss of economy etc are
being rolled out again on TV !!
Our remainer fifth column has already started to find ways to get
"closer" to the EU again??
We should be weaning ourselves off of our dependency on EU
goods,not looking for ways to continue as before !!
I suspect that instead of using the opportunity to consolidate the
gains made by this "deal",we will squander them away and we will
continue to much as before with the ridiculous hordes of trucks
streaming across the channel every day and night, instead of seeking
out alternative suppliers etc?
Brexit was supposed to be the springboard for real change in UK,
but l fear that we will , in the next 5 years just slowly slide back to
the same old, same old again!!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Don't be so sure about that.
I have a feeling that Boris has a raft of announcements planned for the next few days just as a starter.

Do you seriously think that the likes of Tesco are going to let opportunities to find cheaper sources for produce and increase their profits too go unexplored?
No, the UK's companies will see more and more new opportunities for increased growth and profitability thanks to Brexit.
Those seeking maximum profitability will not rest on their laurels, of that you can be certain.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2020, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Reality1 ->
So after most on here said they preferred a "no deal" exit. Now they are celebrating the "deal"? Was that just bluff?
How does that compare to the still-moaning remainers here who said that we, the UK, would be toast without a deal & yet now are unhappy because there is one?

FYI for myself the no-deal stance has to be taken in context.
Had the EU persisted in demanding that the UK cede sovereignty as had been the case from the start then yes, the only sensible alternative would have been no deal.

However you try to spin it, the EU gave considerable ground and relinquished those demands to cede sovereignty.
Everybody here has seen the EU's continued and very vocal insistence that the UK must follow EU laws and guidelines.
Until of course they decided otherwise when faced with the alternative.

Page 13 of 21 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top