Join for free
Page 130 of 1676 « First < 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 180 230 630 1130 > Last »
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2016, 04:50 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

You assuming they never will,gumbud?
At no point did I say the final straw was an instantaneous thing.
But Stalin died from a brain haemorrhage,that was left untreated-even his own guards wanted him gone. Pol Pot spent his last years under house arrest-and it was LOUDLY proclaimed that nobody had poisoned him,even though that hadn't,until that point,occurred to outsiders as a possibility.
It's not the length of the oppression,gumbud,nor is it the severity of the tyranny involved-as Idi Amin discovered when he decided to invade Tanzania-it's the depth of feeling we ALL have,that can unexpectedly well up when we,common,everyday people,unremarkable and un-noticed,suddenly say "Right-that's enough. It stops,right now,right here". Every lion dwells silent & unnoticed-until it roars.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2016, 07:34 PM

Well done on you winning the 60 quid Pug, bookies money is always more pleasurable to spend than your own. Have a nice break and I’ll see you in a weeks time.

Politics bah! humbug, they’re all tarred with the same greedy brush, wouldn’t waste me breath on any of them.

And now for a change of pace.
Peculiar things is Snails, gardeners hate them, they never get good press do they, people make a face when you mention them, Ugh! that sort of face, God help the little buggers, well at least I can hold me head high and say I never stood on one in me life. so here’s one for the poor unfortunate Snails, bless their slimy little hearts.

The loneliness of the long distance Snail, well it’s a long distance for him.

Over grass and under bushes, on a bed of slime
Lonely journeys must be made that take a lot of time
On his back is perched his home, heavy to be sure
Careful that he minds his path and skips the Dog manure
I wonder what they think of as they slide along the ground
Why do they travel alone, double trails are never found
I watch them in the garden and they never go out the gate
One big sticky family, in the garden congregate
Next time you see one, spare a though for his plight
How would you like to live in a shell of slimy shite.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2016, 08:50 PM

I spent an hour pottering about in my eldest daughters garden this afternoon for an hour or so. Pottered , then pondered, then progressed on to higher things. Take an expression, commonly heard, but used carelessly on something on no great importance.
Here is an idiom used often.........“I know it like the back of my hand”.
I have been looking at the back of my hand & don’t recognise it at all. Both hands are quite unfamiliar to me. They’re both old and wrinkled. When did that happen. Then I remembered I’m nearly 70.

That's my only contribution to this forum today

Oh yes....... I have made several spelling errors deliberately on this post for the more educated amongst us to spot.

keep watchimg for'em
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2016, 11:23 PM

RJ, just watch what you do, let others watch what they do, I'm sure Unc would have wanted that.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2016, 11:26 PM

I get like that sometimes RJ, I'll be doing something strenuous outside and suddenly I realise that I'm 70, but how could I be 70 when this time last year I was only 60?! The fastest decade I ever went through, and the older fellas in the local tell me the next one 70-80 is even faster! I've never been 70 before so I don't really know how a 70 year old should behave, is there a manual I can get for it?

Talking about the back of your hand, I remember back in the 70's going to a tailors shop with my young brother in law, and this is Gods truth, it was for the last fitting on of a suit, the salesman put the jacket on the lad, stood back and said "There you are now, it's perfect, fits you like a glove" I didn't think so and I said "It's not supposed to fit like a glove, it's supposed to fit like a jacket" God if looks could kill I was dead and buried.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2016, 11:30 PM

At what age did the Factory setting take place?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

10-11-2016, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
At what age did the Factory setting take place?
The Industrial revolution, before that you had to do it by hand.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

10-11-2016, 11:41 PM

Yes, the ongoing process.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2016, 12:30 AM

and just to change the topic again :

A doctor was addressing a large audience in Oxford...

"The material we put into our stomachs should have killed most of us sitting here, years ago. Red meat is full of steroids and dye. Soft drinks corrode your stomach lining. Chinese food is loaded with MSG. High transfat diets can be disastrous and none of us realizes the long-term harm ricaused by the germs in our drinking water. But, there is one thing that is the most dangerous of all and most of us have, or will eat it. Can anyone here tell me what food it is that causes the most grief and suffering for years after eating it?"

After several seconds of quiet, a 70-year-old man in the front row raised his hand, and softly said, "Wedding Cake."

70 JR and Jem - past it once and can't remember the passing - take every step at a time remember the old sage Chairman Mao - a thousand mile journey starts with the first step and then he stepped into a snow drift and disappeared with only his proletarian workers hat showing!!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2016, 10:48 AM

And (sic) the next word is contained within the following CLUES.

PRIDE COMES WITH A FALL

NO LIONS ,NONE NOT AT ALL
LIKE MOTORWAY CONES
THEY DON'T STAY UPRIGHT

FORGET 3,4 & 5 TO GET PUZZLE RIGHT

What rubbish I hear you say
You're probably right
coming from a bad dream
which happened last night.

THANK YOU.

Page 130 of 1676 « First < 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 180 230 630 1130 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top