Join for free
Page 131 of 164 « First < 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 141 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 10:39 PM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

OMG Carol That's awful! I have heard some jabbers are getting more violent but you should get that seen to. looks like medical negligence.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
It's a nuisance when that happens but simply: it's just bad luck.

Our body is criss-crossed with arteries and veins, some of which are very small.
Nick one with a needle as you're being vaccinated and it bleeds so that you end up with a bruise, like you've got.

This is from the government's info. sheet for the AZ vaccine regarding side effects:

"Very Common (may affect more than 1 in 10 people)

* tenderness, pain, warmth, itching or bruising where the injection is given"

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ne-astrazeneca

I hope that gives you a bit of reassurance though I know myself from experience that it's a bit of a nuisance.
The niggly ache doesn't usually last beyond a few days.
It's definitely not bad luck. Never seen anything like this!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

14-04-2021, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Ooh that looks painful Carol !
I have had a few red arms after a flu jab, but not that red! If it doesn't fade in a couple of days I would ask a doctor if that is a normal reaction...... but I am sure it is nothing to worry about!
Just show it to your family & they will make the cups of tea, instead of you!
Twink that doesn't look like a reaction. It looks like poor administration by someone who was wearing a blindfold!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

14-04-2021, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by RJG ->
We weren't due for our second AZ jab until Thursday next week. Just before lunch the doorbell rang and there was the nurse on the doorstep ready to give it to us. She had come early as Wales is relieving lockdown a bit. WOW!
That is seriously scary. Nurse on the doorstep wielding a sharp object....
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 07:06 AM

I havent read through all this thread but it seems most people have had very slight or no reaction to the vaccine which is good....I thought hard about posting here because I think its important people do get the vaccine so we can all get back to normal.

Unfortunately I have had a bad reaction....I had the first vaccine Astra Zeneca a few weeks ago and I had flu like symptoms nothing too bad but it made me feel poorly...I just took paracetamol and had an early night.

I had the second jab on Tuesday at 2.30pm again similar symptoms so went to bed early and thought nothing of it....unfortunately next morning thats yesterday I woke up and the room was spinning I tried to stand up but I just couldn't get my balance then I started to vomit. Hubby dialed 111 they got a doctor to ring and he prescribed some anti sickness medication.....the whole day was terrifying I couldn't stand and continuous retching....I'm never ill....I have never stayed in bed even if I feel off I get up and get on with stuff but this knocked me for six. OK just one day but truly a terrible day....so frightening.

I feel OK this morning.....waiting to see if it comes back...fingers crossed it doesn't. I just googled my symptoms and it seems lots of people have had this reaction some say it can go on for weeks.....hope not.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 07:14 AM

Thanks for the concern over my arm everyone.
I'm pleased to say it doesn't ache so much today & the bruise doesn't hurt either.

The same person gave Tony his and he doesn't have a mark.
I have always been an easy bruiser & I guess it's become worse now I take steroids for PMR.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I havent read through all this thread but it seems most people have had very slight or no reaction to the vaccine which is good....I thought hard about posting here because I think its important people do get the vaccine so we can all get back to normal.

Unfortunately I have had a bad reaction....I had the first vaccine Astra Zeneca a few weeks ago and I had flu like symptoms nothing too bad but it made me feel poorly...I just took paracetamol and had an early night.

I had the second jab on Tuesday at 2.30pm again similar symptoms so went to bed early and thought nothing of it....unfortunately next morning thats yesterday I woke up and the room was spinning I tried to stand up but I just couldn't get my balance then I started to vomit. Hubby dialed 111 they got a doctor to ring and he prescribed some anti sickness medication.....the whole day was terrifying I couldn't stand and continuous retching....I'm never ill....I have never stayed in bed even if I feel off I get up and get on with stuff but this knocked me for six. OK just one day but truly a terrible day....so frightening.

I feel OK this morning.....waiting to see if it comes back...fingers crossed it doesn't. I just googled my symptoms and it seems lots of people have had this reaction some say it can go on for weeks.....hope not.
So sorry to hear that Summer, let's hope you are over the worst and have no more problems...
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
So sorry to hear that Summer, let's hope you are over the worst and have no more problems...
Thanks Foxy...I feel OK today so fingers crossed
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 10:30 AM

Blimey ..... That's scary .....

I hope it was just a 24-hour reaction .....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 10:32 AM

Glad to hear you are feeling better today, Summer. It’s strange how this affects some people and not others. My son had the
same vaccination and he felt awful two days after for a couple of days. He put his down to being asthmatic.

Page 131 of 164 « First < 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 141 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top