Join for free
Page 132 of 1010 « First < 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 142 182 232 632 > Last »
anna
Norway
anna is female  anna has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2012, 12:27 AM

Re: What are you having for lunch/dinner?

Low carb fresh cod roe tomorrow (boiled, sliced & fried). Followed by a little boiled celeriac, carrots & kohlrabi.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2012, 09:47 AM

Ahhhhhhh but Cate darlin' - my surgeon, being a BIG man himself hasn't told me to lose weight for the most obvious of reasons - so on that basis, you too don't need to diet either.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2012, 10:54 AM

Salmon for our lunch today, cooked on a bed of roasted veg (new potatoes,carrots,green beans and broccoli, par boiled then roasted in olive oil for 45 mins.) with the zest and juice of half a lemon, followed by stewed fruit (apples, plums and blackberries from the garden last year)...mmm, lovely grub..
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2012, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Salmon for our lunch today, cooked on a bed of roasted veg (new potatoes,carrots,green beans and broccoli, par boiled then roasted in olive oil for 45 mins.) with the zest and juice of half a lemon, followed by stewed fruit (apples, plums and blackberries from the garden last year)...mmm, lovely grub..
Barry matey, fruit would taste even better inside a crumble smothered in custard!!!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2012, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Barry matey, fruit would taste even better inside a crumble smothered in custard!!!
I don't think so Geoff, I stew up a huge pan of fruit on a Monday which will last all week and keep it in the fridge. We find it has much more flavour when cold and really needs no accompaniment, but to each his own I suppose......
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2012, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Ahhhhhhh but Cate darlin' - my surgeon, being a BIG man himself hasn't told me to lose weight for the most obvious of reasons - so on that basis, you too don't need to diet either.
When the doctors told me of all the extra challenges with being heavy during anesthetiic I chose to wait until I had lost some weight. I shall be healthier and also when my knee is replaced I won't wear it out by being a baby elephant which I am now.

I find low carb dieting is easy for us you eat well and never feel hungry.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

01-02-2012, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
When the doctors told me of all the extra challenges with being heavy during anesthetiic I chose to wait until I had lost some weight. I shall be healthier and also when my knee is replaced I won't wear it out by being a baby elephant which I am now.

I find low carb dieting is easy for us you eat well and never feel hungry.
Cate darlin' - that's the difference - I didn't have a 'general' (because of other medical problems I can't have a 'general') but an Epidural - means you don't have to worry about weight whilst having anaesthetic.
anna
Norway
anna is female  anna has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 04:15 AM

Salmon fried in butter and a sauce of blue cheese & cream. Boiled carrots, celeriac & kohlrabi to go with that.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

02-02-2012, 09:53 AM

Had a loaf of bread start to go a bit 'stale' yesterday, so rather than waste it and throw it away, I used some of the slices to make a bread pudding. The smell of Cinnamon, Allspice and Mixed Spice permeated my kitchen all afternoon and evening. So far, have resisted the temptation to eat any, BUT, today is a different day and I will begin to cut into it later this afternoon.

For anyone interested:

8 slices of bread (Roughly torn)
1/2 Pt orange juice
2 Tblsp Marmalade
2 eggs
1/2 tsp baking powder
4 oz dried Mixed fruit
Cinnamon
All Spice
Mixed Spice.

Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix to a 'gloopy' mess. Pour/tip into a shallow oven-proof dish (a pyrex dish is perfect). Place dish in oven at 180 - 190oC for approx 1 hour. Its done when knife, placed in pudding, can be removed 'clean'.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by anna ->
Salmon fried in butter and a sauce of blue cheese & cream. Boiled carrots, celeriac & kohlrabi to go with that.
Anna are you on the Atkins diet? I am going to start a thread for people on diets so that we can swap ideas and maybe support each other.

Page 132 of 1010 « First < 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 142 182 232 632 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top