Join for free
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 04:19 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
agatha raisin - british quirky thingo!
Nope, I don't know that one.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Nope, I don't know that one.
ya ain't missin much doll! you don't like agatha raisin do ya shettie??
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 04:38 PM

Agatha Raisin's current audio book is on BBC radio.

In my humble opinion that was a bad version of Agatha Christie’s “Mirror Cracked’ Gummy, having read the book I think Julia McKemzie as Miss Marple in the 2010 TV film was much truer to the story. I agree Tony Curtis is always good value.
I remember when the film “Davy Crockett came out in 1955, I was a ten year old kid, the film was a sensation over here, every boy (and even some girls) wanted to have a Davy Crocket hat, no cat was safe in the neighbourhood (I’m exaggerating of course, don’t want to be lynched by the cat folks on here)
My mother made me one from an old fox fur her Aunt had left her, remember those horrible things? a dead fox hanging over the shoulders with the four legs drooping down the front. She made a great job of the hat and I was as proud as punch walking down the street with it on.

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 04:40 PM

ya ain't missin much doll! you don't like agatha raisin do ya shettie??
He is still missing Gummy.

I was thinking.
Gummy is a Scouser
Jem is a Paddy
Spitty is a Brummie
I am just a Berk
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Agatha Raisin's current audio book is on BBC radio.

In my humble opinion that was a bad version of Agatha Christie’s “Mirror Cracked’ Gummy, having read the book I think Julia McKemzie as Miss Marple in the 2010 TV film was much truer to the story. I agree Tony Curtis is always good value.
I remember when the film “Davy Crockett came out in 1955, I was a ten year old kid, the film was a sensation over here, every boy (and even some girls) wanted to have a Davy Crocket hat, no cat was safe in the neighbourhood (I’m exaggerating of course, don’t want to be lynched by the cat folks on here)
My mother made me one from an old fox fur her Aunt had left her, remember those horrible things? a dead fox hanging over the shoulders with the four legs drooping down the front. She made a great job of the hat and I was as proud as punch walking down the street with it on.

after the 11 plus I started grammar and didn't have a lot of mates but one of them had a mum with an old fur coat and she made two davy crockett hats for us both - once I was outside the school gates I wore it home on the two trams I caught - wot tales to tell - yep will tell that one next time!

now I put that down as super confident the only other option being super stupid!!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

08-02-2019, 08:10 PM

after the 11 plus I started grammar and didn't have a lot of mates but one of them had a mum with an old fur coat and she made two davy crockett hats for us both - once I was outside the school gates I wore it home on the two trams I caught - wot tales to tell - yep will tell that one next time!

now I put that down as super confident the only other option being super stupid!!
Do you need an answer?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

08-02-2019, 09:11 PM

gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

08-02-2019, 10:07 PM

came across a quirky little old fillum last night - NOT a ladies film but an interesting one for the men [no no sex!] just old fashioned modern day cowboys - "No counry for old men" - quite riveting and wot we all like a sad unresolved end!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 11:06 PM

The Tea machine was out of order in Sainsburys this morning, no hot water, I usually exchange a funny with the guy, who serves on the till and he usually has a valid response, but this morning I left him bereft of a response, I pointed at the machine and said, "That geezer needs sorting out".
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 11:07 PM

Forum life s spreading.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top