Join for free
Page 139 of 1676 « First < 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 189 239 639 1139 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2016, 02:04 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

when all threads are fallin apart this just keeps on goin on for ever - wonder what the secret is? well bob's bits tries to keep up but he has to do a lot of runnin to do that and there's bits fallin off of 'im now!

iz it the way we tell um?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2016, 08:24 AM

It's all about staying power, coupled with Saying Power, that's it to a T.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2016, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
when all threads are fallin apart this just keeps on goin on for ever - wonder what the secret is? well bob's bits tries to keep up but he has to do a lot of runnin to do that and there's bits fallin off of 'im now!

iz it the way we tell um?

Gummy, it is the outstanding contributions from the regulars that keep it going.

Good here ennit?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2016, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Gummy, it is the outstanding contributions from the regulars that keep it going.

Good here ennit?
yes especially with no mods or women around! -oeer watch out here they might come??
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2016, 08:54 PM

Another four days of "Black Friday", God is there no end to this rampant greed, then the very next day after Christmas out they come with the new years sales ads., then the holiday booking ads.

Gibbs had the first ad on TV, it was for their toothpaste, I remember it well, we used to go to a posh aunt's house on saturday afternoon to watch her TV set, Champion the wonder Horse was the attraction back then for us kids. She had an aerial on the roof that must have been 30 feet high just to get BBC and ITV, and the set was always "snowing" little white specks all over the screen.
Next came the washing powder ads and the term "Soap Opera" continuous stories of supposedly ordinary life. the fight was on now between the rival soap companies, our powder makes your clothes whiter than theirs, your clothes will be snow white. Ah but with our powder your clothes will be brilliant white! But we have now improved our powder and your clothes will now be even whiter than white! and so it went on and on until eventually some whiz kid came up with "Your clothes will be BLUE white!" Blue white!?, we are back to square one again, the reason you put your whites into the washing machine in the first place was to get the Blue out of them, Jaysus what a crazy world we live in.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

27-11-2016, 01:23 AM

don't mention rugby!!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

27-11-2016, 01:35 PM

you can mention cricket!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2016, 05:52 PM

No fear Gumbud, you'll never hear me mention Rugby or Cricket, I know absolutely nothing about both and a closed mouth catches no flies.

Something you said on the goodnight thread Spitty prompted me to remember this.
Being serious got me into trouble once. As an apprentice my wages were very low before I copped on to meself to move from workshop to workshop, you learned more that way and if you were any good you got more money. Anyway to get back to my first employer, my money was 17/6 per week and after paying my mother ten bob, left me with 7/6 to buy smokes, pay bus fares and the devil knows what, I was finding it difficult to manage as you can well imagine. My master who I sat beside at the next bench was a bit of a joker and he told me I should stop complaining and ask for a rise of ten bob a week, I liked the idea and asked him how would I go about getting it, he told me to be cocky and confident, to put on a stern face and demand the rise. I listened to his every word and rehearsed it over and over in me head, then I went and knocked at the office door. “Enter” said the boss in an authoritative voice.
“Ah Jimmy, your looking very serious boy” “I’m feeling very serious Mister Bernstein” “Well out with it boy, what’s bothering you?” “I think I deserve a rise Mister Bernstein” “Well you have being doing good work here this year, how does half a crown a week sound to you my boy?” “Great mister Bernstein…ten years ago, I was thinking more in the region of ten shillings a week now” He grabbed me by the collar and shoved me out the door saying “Get back to your bench you cheeky little bugger” The whole workshop had been looking into the office and were in fits of laughter. I learned me lesson that day, being serious doesn’t pay.
A true story I can assure you.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2016, 08:22 AM

Jem, you well know, talking about money is vulgar, you should have said, you would settle for 57.2%.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

28-11-2016, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Jem, you well know, talking about money is vulgar, you should have said, you would settle for 57.2%.
I would imagine his boss would have gotten confused with all those percentages and just said " OK I'll drop your pay to 57.2% - accountant take care of it"

Page 139 of 1676 « First < 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 189 239 639 1139 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top