Join for free
Page 14 of 83 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 > Last »
manasota
South Yorkshire
manasota is male  manasota has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2014, 01:36 PM

Re: Who Is Nigel Farage

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I personally think it's sad if they do leave UK but if the electorate want that I am not going to say they are wrong.

My husband who is a Scot doesn't think it's a good idea but again he says as he doesn't live there he will just wish them well whatever they decide.

As for elections for people in the EU how many work for the EU who are not elected ? many I suggest even the man in charge of negotiating contracts is a mystery figure it seems and countries he negotiates on behalf of are not even allowed to witness the negotiations ! Shadowy and secret dealings indeed. And I don't remember electing him to work on my behalf.

Also we have few who vote in our elections and even fewer bother with the EU ones. It would be hypocritical of me to vote in an election for an organisation I don't believe we should belong to so I am not a voter in those eections either.
You're right - people who WORK for the EU are not elected - but then they don't make the decisions either. They are the equivalent of the Civil Service, or your local Council officers - they are paid to carry out the decisions of the elected politicians (like Farridge).

I'm not clear who you mean by "the man in charge of negotiating contracts" Depending what contracts you mean, I wouldn't expect contract negotiations to be public events - especially where commercially sensitive information is being discussed. The need is for agreed contracts that involve public money to be open to public scrutiny and democratic accountability.

I admire your position on not voting for something you don't believe in - which is certainly more honest than Faridge's. My position is that as my forefathers (and foremothers!) had to fight (and die) for the right to vote - and people all over the world are still doing so - then I have a duty as well as a right to vote. As Churchill once said
"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time."
manasota
South Yorkshire
manasota is male  manasota has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2014, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
We 'need' him there, how is he gonna fight our corner without being there.#
As for drawing a salary, which he thoroughly deserves, he needs that to pay his fines !
At least he is there for a 'good solid' reason, unlike the geek he recently questioned, when he said 'Who are you !!'
Well we all want to believe in our heroes. And some people will happily turn a blind eye or excuse their heroes almost anything.

So not only drawing his substantial salary but fully claiming every 'expense' he can, while also 'employing' his wife on a further EU funding of £20K p.a.(despite this no longer being allowed since 2004), paying corporation tax rather than income tax to avoid his tax obligations to this country, and using offshore tax havens to channel other 'income' are clearly the actions of a genuine British hero fighting for all of us.

There are decent, honest, politicians in this country, who don't milk the system - whichever bit of it they were elected to. But Faridge isn't one of them

Incidentally, why am I paying Faridge to go to Brussels and then having to pay 'fines' he has incurred through his own misbehaviour?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2014, 02:13 PM

You're not paying 'twice' just the once - he covers his fines for telling like it is.
Its funny how we are 'so wrong' and you are so right. You fight their corner because you believe in them, I would have done the same if I had seen evidence of something worth fighting for. 10 years down the drain as far as I'm concerned.
You note the money Farage is making by being there to oversee these geeks, no mention of the money they are raking in - strange but true. But, as you say we are all entitled to our opinion.
I'd have thought they would have had a field day if he were not paying his tax - that's illegal !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2014, 02:25 PM

It seems he does pay his tax and also corporation tax - nothing illegal there.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2014, 02:28 PM

Yes one thing about him is he seems fairly honest, does he claim everything he can ? I hope so at least one UK citizen getting something out of the mess is better than none of us !
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2014, 02:31 PM

manasota wrote.

There are decent, honest, politicians in this country, who don't milk the system - whichever bit of it they were elected to. But Faridge isn't one of them

Incidentally, why am I paying Faridge to go to Brussels and then having to pay 'fines' he has incurred through his own misbehaviour?
Why are you refering to Nigel Farage as 'Faridge'?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

05-04-2014, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Why are you refering to Nigel Farage as 'Faridge'?
I did correct him on this Pats - he prefers this spelling Farridge - for some reason
manasota
South Yorkshire

05-04-2014, 03:17 PM

Well no one else on here seems to be bothered about getting their facts right
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2014, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by manasota ->

You're alright Simon matey, I wouldn't p*ss on him if he were on fire, let alone vote for him - he's a fascist!!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

05-04-2014, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by manasota ->

You're flogging a dead horse, will never be pro Euro .....

Page 14 of 83 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top