Join for free
Page 14 of 22 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2016, 06:33 PM

Re: The despicable scumbags!!!

Originally Posted by Baxter8 ->
Yes every child does have access education - the quality of provision is not uniform e.g those that attend Eton or even state school in Richmond have better life chances than some inner city children that attracts the least investment and fewer quality staff.

All the more reason to move OUT of London then .
Of course every child can't go to Eton , that's life !
Not everyone does have he same life chances .
Who ever told you life would be fair ?

No idea about jobs available for the unskilled - I'm not sure why it should be any different now.
Because of two factors ( at least )
1) Technology has done away with many unskilled jobs
2) There are many many more people competeing for the few unskilled jobs that there are .
(Including illegal and legal immigrants )
Whatever people say they are not all doctors etc most are completely unskilled and will compete with the poorest of out society .
As they will be willing to work for less and live in less salubrious conditions they have an obvious advantage .

Surely London Tescos require staff? If unable to live in London then they would have to travel in
They can easily employ east Europeans who live in London in hugely overcrowded conditions .
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2016, 06:53 PM

It is also important to remember that the govmt has to maintain a certain amount of money in circulation whether through wages or benefits to keep the wheels lubricated and the economy buoyant.
It just cannot cut benefits at a stroke or the entire nation would suffer.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2016, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by morticia ->
spot on. I don't know all the scams. Six months unemployment benefit in 1982 and no other benefit. Known more than a few layabouts though. Holidays in spain and the canaries, flash cars, designer wardrobes ( including growing a bit of funny stuff in the back of it .. Self-enterprise and cottage industry style). Disgusting .. That was tax avoidance by the nasty scumbag wealthy.
I generally ignore your posts as they're not usually cogent but made the exception this time.
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2016, 07:29 PM

You haven't quoted me SF but given your previous attempts to silence what I post I will assume your final sentence was aimed at my posting.

I think I've said before I hold very different political views to you and am entitled to firstly to hold them and secondly express them.

I don't often get irritated by people on here but reading your comment has done just that.

Do not assume to know about my experience of social inequality - it's short-sighted and smacks of arrogance. If you have a problem with what I post then may I suggest, as I have suggested to others you simply put me on ignore -no biggie, I can live with it.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

A simple point, somebody has to be earning enough money to pay the taxes to allow these benefits to be paid.

If we all decided not to work for morally bankrupt firms and refused to travel to get work there would not be enough money to pay benefits to those who demand them as of right.

Please do not lecture people about social inequality and lack of opportunity, I was born into it, as were my friends and most of us worked our way out of it.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2016, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Baxter8 ->
You haven't quoted me SF but given your previous attempts to silence what I post I will assume your final sentence was aimed at my posting.

I think I've said before I hold very different political views to you and am entitled to firstly to hold them and secondly express them.

I don't often get irritated by people on here but reading your comment has done just that.

Do not assume to know about my experience of social inequality - it's short-sighted and smacks of arrogance. If you have a problem with what I post then may I suggest, as I have suggested to others you simply put me on ignore -no biggie, I can live with it.
Hi

Wow, what a post, and so , so, wrong.

Not targeted at you in any way and most certainly I have no intention of silencing you.

I enjoy the cut and thrust of debate, why on earth should I try to silence you?

I enjoy the alternative view, and sometimes I will change my views on things because of what others have posted.

I do not agree from time to time, with both Morti and Pummy, I do however have the highest regard for both of them, well thought out, well phrased and very well researched.

I have learnt a lot from both of them, even though they are at the opposite ends of the spectrum from time to time.

I like intellectual stimulation, and I have to say that I find all their posts far more intellectual and thought provoking than yours.
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2016, 08:37 PM

SF you minx ................ meow

Don't worry sweetpea, my problem is that I have an over extended confidence in my intellectual abilities ... so actually if you're not stimulated by mine but rather " find .............posts far more intellectual and thought provoking than yours" then I'm afraid it is with a heavy heart I've abandoned all faith in yours.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Wow, what a post, and so , so, wrong.

Not targeted at you in any way and most certainly I have no intention of silencing you.

I enjoy the cut and thrust of debate, why on earth should I try to silence you?

I enjoy the alternative view, and sometimes I will change my views on things because of what others have posted.

I do not agree from time to time, with both Morti and Pummy, I do however have the highest regard for both of them, well thought out, well phrased and very well researched.

I have learnt a lot from both of them, even though they are at the opposite ends of the spectrum from time to time.

I like intellectual stimulation, and I have to say that I find all their posts far more intellectual and thought provoking than yours.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2016, 09:49 PM

There seems to be some strange idea people are on benefit then have children I know it can happen but many many people have their family before losing a job or getting divorced. I ask again give them away ? Kill them off ?

We have to support them there is no choice IMO.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2016, 09:56 PM

We could always try to sell them on e-bay like that refugee couple in Germany did. Auctioned for £4,500 I believe.

Seriously, we're in danger on getting totally sidelined with kids. I thought we were on about benefit capping 20k. A mere pittance I know.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2016, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
We could always try to sell them on e-bay like that refugee couple in Germany did. Auctioned for £4,500 I believe.

Seriously, we're in danger on getting totally sidelined with kids. I thought we were on about benefit capping 20k. A mere pittance I know.
It's because most if not all on those rates of benefit have children, a childless couple or single person won't get any where near that rate.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2016, 10:48 PM

Ah ... them with kids.

You mean like the chap who was in the papers the other day.

Cameroon born father of 8.
Just moved into a £420,00 detached executive house in Milton Keynes. Master bedroom with en-suite etc etc, where the neighbours drive Porsches and Mercedes.
Monthly rental £1,200 per month.
Estimated income ... 44k a year benefits.

Nice not-work if you get it ain't it.

Page 14 of 22 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top