Join for free
Page 14 of 56 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 02:16 PM

Re: Flu jab 2018 booked

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Whatever Mortica. You seem to thrive off drama .
To be brutally honest I couldn’t give a flying fork at this point.
If you want to keep fighting , it’s WITHOUT me cause I certainly don’t get off on it.
Oh here we go.
Whatever you want to say as a parting shot to dress up your dramatic retreat is fine with me.
Glad it's all sorted.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I hope you are not suggesting we should just let him say what he likes without challenging it. After all he has told us that he enjoys debating, so I don't think that he would ignore it, like you suggested I should.
PLEASE challenge the facts, please please do.

Provide us with some factual evidence, meaningful debate, data, statistics, anything but the personal sleights and febrile baseless rhetoric. Play the ball for once instead of playing the man.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
PLEASE challenge the facts, please please do.

Provide us with some factual evidence, meaningful debate, data, statistics, anything but the personal sleights and febrile baseless rhetoric. Play the ball for once instead of playing the man.
I have done, but mine come from acquired knowledge, not the internet. I am now going to say no more on this topic and let people make their own choice on whether to have the jab or not!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 03:05 PM

Can’t blame you there Twink.
Just NOT worth it.
Some people ‘enjoy’ arguing
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 03:05 PM

I have done
With respect, you haven't done anything of the sort. All you have offered is emotional anecdotal opinion. Not a single factual reference, not a single piece of data.

but mine come from acquired knowledge, not the internet.
You make the implication here that anything recorded on the internet is somehow lesser than your "acquired knowledge" which is patently ridiculous.

There is no debate here, just emotion.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 03:22 PM

I post on such matters when I see bad advice that could put people's lives at risk. You won't die from the flu vaccine but you can certainly die of flu particularly if you have a chronic condition. It might not 100% protect you every year as they don't always get it right, but the more people have it the less likely flu will be spread. The reason it's been a worldwide crusade is because the WHO doesn't want people to die of this and other diseases when it could be prevented.

This applies to other vaccines too of course. We are really lucky to be able to have them. There's been news of an outbreak of Polio if Papua New Guinea today. Babies and small children have been paralysed. They are doing emergency vaccination because they don't have our healthcare system there.

The same scientists who developed the flu vaccine developed the Polio vaccine at a later date. We don't have to worry about Polio here because we are all vaccinated. Right now there are scientists working on a more effective way to vaccinate against flu, they are using the same theories to try to develop a vaccine against HIV.

I don't understand the conspiracy theories against conventional medicine but the fact is that people are living far longer than ever before and much of that is down to the availability of conventional meds and good healthcare.

But I only post about this because I think advice against what a doctor has prescribed and recommendations of natural cures could actually hurt someone.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Can’t blame you there Twink.
Just NOT worth it.
Some people ‘enjoy’ arguing
And yet ..here you are again.

Sadly, what we seem to be down to is posters now arguing over whose opinion holds more weight.

The actual opinions I love to read ... not all the plummage punching and ruffling that seems to have to go with it.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

11-09-2018, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I post on such matters when I see bad advice that could put people's lives at risk. You won't die from the flu vaccine
This is wholly wrong, false, "bad advice", the very thing you claim you don't like.

People DO die from teh flu vaccine.

"From 1988 until 2016, 3,123 flu shot injury claims were filed including 115 deaths. A total of 1,811 of those claims resulted in compensation and only 242 flu shot claims were dismissed resulting in 88.21% of injuries receiving compensation. The remaining 1,070 flu shot claims were not resolved by December 2016."

The Vaccine Injury Compensation Program has so far paid out some $3.7 billion to families who have been injured or suffered deaths as a result of all the various vaccinations.

The flu vaccine compensations make up one of the highest paid out categories and include not just deaths but also those who ended up with Guillan Barre Syndrome and other life changing adverse reactions.

The number of people killed by the flu vaccines is low in comparison to the number of people vaccinated so a more truthful statement would be you are unlikely to die from having the vaccine.

the more people have it the less likely flu will be spread.
I have seen no studies or data to support that viewpoint. I believe the opposite is true. I believe that the outbreaks of flu and flulike illnesses seen each year coincide with the roll out of the flu vaccines. Giving people small doses of the virus or inactivated viruses etc DOES result in people getting flu like symptoms which they then pass on to others whilst their own bodies are generating the anti bodies to fight the virus they have been given.

The entire fiasco, tome, appears to be a self fulfilling multi million dollar business where a Campaign of Fear leads to people getting vaccinated leading to flu spreading leading to the need for more people to be vaccinated and so on. Given the pubslished facts and studies categorically show that the vaccines are next to useless in what they profess to do, it's criminal that the vaccine programmes are still going on. I believe I AM being harmed and put at risk by these people vaccinating millions of people unnecessarily.

Many children have been very seriously injured by vaccine programmes, some injured for life, some outright killed.
The powers that be need to step in and mandate proper testing programmes before any vaccine programme can go ahead. What they are doing at the moment is allowing vaccine manufacturers to use the population as guinea pigs for massively untested and unproven vaccine, they have passed laws that mean that nobody can sue a vaccine manufacturer for injury caused (!!!) and in its place have established an entire division which manages injury cases and pays out $billions in compensation.

That entire situation is an afront to humankind everywhere and most especially to innocent babies and children starting out their lives.

Right now there are scientists working on a more effective way to vaccinate against flu
The implication there is that the existing methods are highly ineffective. That implication is of course FACT.

I don't understand the conspiracy theories against conventional medicine
They are not conspiracy theories and to label them as such is negligent and horrifically misleading. There are 1000s of studies involving millions of people and the results have been published by the most respected medical research organisation out there. The term "conspiracy theory" is a classic disinformation psycobabble ploy to make people dismiss important data and it's a technique employed worldwide.

Research and studies are not conspiracy theory. They are irrefutable fact that everyone needs to be aware of and take on board.

But I only post about this because I think advice against what a doctor has prescribed and recommendations of natural cures could actually hurt someone.
I only post about this because doctors and health workers nationwide are wilfully participating in a colossal scam in order to generate funds for their clinics, others are participating out of pure ignorance of the published facts.

A doctor's input is fine, but to ignore all other available data is absolute folly. My GP was even clueless about the purpose of a fever, that's about as basic as it gets.

People need to do their research,
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 05:18 PM

You can develop an allergic reaction to any medication or food. This can cause death in a small number of people who do not realise they have a severe allergy. I'd expect the deaths to have fallen as healthcare providers are more geared up for any reactions and asking people if they are allergic to the ingredients.

The fact is that flu does and has killed countless millions worldwide in the last 100 years. That is proven. Having the vaccine prevents the spread of flu and protecting even a percentage of the population will reduce the infection rate.

You cannot catch flu from having an inactivated shot. It is not a live virus so you cannot pass it on. The virus in the vaccine given to adults is dead. The live vaccine given to children is treated so that it is weak and unable to replicate. There's no scientific evidence that the shot can give anyone flu, it can make some feel unwell for a couple of days but that's not flu.

The theory that healthcare providers are motivated by reimbursement has no proof. The WHO pushes the vaccine because it does not want a pandemic. Nobody wants another flu pandemic.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Rather than use Deylon's thread which is mainly concerns her illness and having a flu jab or not, I thought it best to start a general new thread.

We received our flu jab letters this morning and are booked in to have them on 29th September.
Good luck Mags,I wont ever be having the flu vaccine myself as I dont believe it works .
I have had letters inviting me to come in and have it but ive politely declined all offers and will do in future too

Page 14 of 56 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top