Join for free
Page 14 of 79 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2013, 03:20 PM

Re: Merged Facebook threads.

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->
Yes, that's why I didn't, especially the woman!!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2013, 08:24 PM

Love that pic!
I had a message pop up on Fb, it said that this person also liked my fav, tv prog. I recognised the name as the daughter of friends of mine I'd lost touch with. I contacted her & she told me they'd been looking for me to tell me my friend had died of an aneurism in Egypt where her husband had taken her for their silver wedding anniversary, he'd brought her home & then died himself! I don't think it's just spies using Fb!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2013, 10:35 AM

I'm a member of Facebook. It does have it's uses such as keeping in touch with family and friends. It can really open your eyes too when you follow younger members of your family for instance and see how they think and behave. It has also reunited me with some old school friends and we chat very often now - nearly daily in some cases.

Is it secure? Well in so much as chatting about private issues openly then no but you would be daft to do that anywhere on the internet. I heard that a woman has been convicted of benefit fraud from chatting about the life she leads with her ex - or did lead. The fact he no longer lived with her was enough to get her in trouble as she was claiming for the fact he still did. They were able to use her Facebook drunken rantings as evidence apparently.

What I dislike about Facebook - but I bet they will overcome it as it is also related in a way to the adverts - is that it is very hard to have a meaningful and deep discussion about anything. I'm really glad I found this forum for instance as my attempts at such got no-where on Facebook. All you get on there is nonsense and triviality - at least all I could get on there anyways.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2013, 08:53 PM

I'm not allowed to add my youngest as a friend on fb (I wonder why?)
I found I was just staring at the page and wondering where people get their hundreds of "friends" from. I do like to chat though, IF anyone I know happens to be on there at the same time....about once every blue moon!
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2013, 08:13 PM

Is there any way of saving Facebook images?

I often see photos/images I'd like to keep but when I save them to my computer I cannot share them. The image just takes me back to Facebook where I originally got it from.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2014, 10:39 PM

I rejoined FB a few weeks ago & found my old best friend from school days! So fun reminiscing �� Also if any of you are big fans of Classic movies, old TV shows & almost every other type of group you can imagine, its very fun. FB is old hat I know but new to me now & like a playground��
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2014, 10:43 PM

Hi AC. I've been a member of FB for years. All of the adult members of my worldwide family are too so we can chat in our own little group for as long as we like. Great fun!.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 03:15 PM

I have been arguing with facebook the past few months trying to close down Tasha's account they ignore she died and just keep repeating she needs to sign in and do it herself.

Then maddeningly yesterday she got an email, (luckily I had password to that) saying because she hasn't used it in past 6 months they are banning her !

Well it's what we wanted I guess but why not just say that earlier and I wouldn't have been fighting to get it closed down !
SimplyRobin
United Kingdom
SimplyRobin is female 

29-12-2014, 03:23 PM

Know what you mean. I had the same problem when my
OH passed away. Took me 4 months to get him taken
off
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 03:23 PM

I wish they would ban me. Is it true they are going to start charging for membership in the new year?

Page 14 of 79 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top