Join for free
Page 14 of 28 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2016, 02:45 PM

Re: Should Madeleine McCann's parents accept blame?

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Gosh this is why I never discuss them these days the accusations against other members is very unpleasant.
That is probably very wise Julie as, in this kind of situation, somebody always had to find who is to blame. I would always have sympathy with somebody who has lost a child, whether they had made a mistake or not.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2016, 02:49 PM

I've never posted on any of the McCann threads on ANY Forum as I've seen the all out wars they have started..Folks flouncing off..,Members falling out,..hate posts..You name it..it's all been done before in the other two defunct Sites I was a Member of..Some Folks are Members of other Sites where They post the same old thing over and over again...Madness.!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2016, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
I've never posted on any of the McCann threads on ANY Forum as I've seen the all out wars they have started..Folks flouncing off..,Members falling out,..hate posts..You name it..it's all been done before in the other two defunct Sites I was a Member of..Some Folks are Members of other Sites where They post the same old thing over and over again...Madness.!
Spot on May ... the McCann's always get people arguing.

The bottom line is ..
They neglected to take proper care of their kid.
She was abducted... by someone who took advantage of the fact that they neglected their kid.
Not because they were distracted, or had to rush off to deal with some unforeseeable emergency, or Maddy wandered off on a kiddies adventure as kids can do ... but because they were having a pleasant evening with friends.

Ever since then the whole world seems to be divided into two camps over them.
Personally I have much more sympathy for poor parents like those of little Jamie Bulger.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2016, 05:46 PM

Surely "alleged abduction" would be correct, there wasn't then and, as far as I am aware, there still isn't any evidence of an abduction.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2016, 05:48 PM

"alleged abduction" it is then, that's fine by me.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2016, 05:56 PM

I have sympathy for any parent who has lost a child.
I don't think that compassionate can be measured .
As Shakespeare put it
'the quality of mercy is not strained.'
But it is people simply dont like the McCanns.
-their faces. their professions or something about them.
In the same way that Lindy Chamberlain was vilified in Australia.
A dingo took her baby but she was convicted and jailed for life with hard labour.
In some ways the cases are eerily similar
Blood was found in her car ( it was rust retardant )
She was convicted and reviled because of her cold demeanor more tn anything else.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2016, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I think I may have broken the law when I left a 5 year old in my house while I went to the field to look after his sister, but I did it in what I believe was the child's best interest. Lots of parents put small children to bed on holiday, in the child's best interest, while they go and have a drink with other adults ... usually in the hotel bar. If some rat had decided to abduct a child I am sure they would find a way through a hotel door lock, because they managed to get into the apartment where the McCanns were staying. With hindsight, we all know it was a mistake, but it doesn't mean they were evil parents or didn't love their child, it just means that they will suffer more because of that mistake!
Well they shouldn't!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

23-02-2016, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
But it is people simply dont like the McCanns.
-their faces. their professions or something about them.
For a great many people personal dislike doesn't come into it and I can never understand why their fans always pull this old rabbit out of the hat.
Even their fans have to acknowledge they neglected their kid .... the only difference is they make allowances for them because they have suffered for it.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2016, 06:14 PM

I would not describe myself as a fan of the McCanns
They are not a particularly appealing couple .
I would not have left my young children in an unlocked room where anyone could get them.
But they are IMO deserving of compassion.
I don't believe they are complicit in the abduction of their child .
Their child was taken from them .
It seems obvious they were being watched and the child targeted
She was abducted there is really no other way of describing it.
Portugal has long been the haunt of pedophiles
All these facts have come to light because of the McCann case .
Other children have disappeared on the Algave and there have been several attempted abductions.
there was a huge pedophile ring which involved members of the Portuguese government and various well known people.
all these things we know now.
Not before.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2016, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I'd even go as far as saying that I bet many of the men in the country slagging off the McCanns, have probably played no part in bringing up their own children and may even have abandoned them when they were young!
That particular argument could so very easily be levelled against Women also Arti.

Page 14 of 28 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top