Join for free
Page 14 of 17 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2013, 12:43 PM

Re: The Selfish Generation

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Too subtle BV ??
Methinks so Aerolor

So there you go - Not trash - just "men" talk Pats Women don't understand and weren't meant to comment - take a little patronising pat on the head and get back in that kitchen with the rest of us women.
I'm not sayin nuffin when it comes to not understanding something
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2013, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
That's exactly what caused the rift between me and my OH's teenage daughter! I didn't tolerate this in the home and challenged her when she bragged about her behaviour in school. She refused to dissect a frog in grade nine biology, insisting (in tears, quite dramatically) that it was cruel to kill frogs for study. The teacher let her pass the course without meeting all the requirements. Probably sick of her attitude.
I had much the same problem as you Annie with an ex-boyfriend who had the daughter from hell; I was happy not to put up with and told said ex that I didn't stand for that attitude from my own children so I sure as hell wasn't going to stand for it from someone else's!

BTW: I also refused to electrocute and dissect a frog in class - but I didn't pass the exam though!

I could not do your job and you have my great admiration for staying in the profession. My mother taught grade school years ago (late 1940s) and once paddled 3 eleven-year olds who were acting up in class. After warning them twice, she marched them to the principal's office and, in front of witnesses, gave them each a sharp smack on the rear with a strap then told them to go home and tell their parents what it was for. She never had a moment's trouble with that class again, nor was there a word of complaint from the parents.
I could never support physical punishment in schools; I've met way too many teachers who really do have the wrong attitude when it comes to children. I see no problem with physically hauling a disruptive pupil out of class but any corporal punishment should, if it ever came back into schools, be carried out only if the parent is present.
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

12-05-2013, 06:10 PM

I could never support physical punishment in schools; I've met way too many teachers who really do have the wrong attitude when it comes to children. I see no problem with physically hauling a disruptive pupil out of class but any corporal punishment should, if it ever came back into schools, be carried out only if the parent is present.

the funniest statement I've read for years - does this lady realize what she has just said ?? "I could never support physical punishment in schools;" and then she follows with: but any corporal punishment should, if it ever came back into schools, be carried out only if the parent is present.

can we see any contradictions here at all or is this normal adult rationale??

I do hope you are well and truly retired!!
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2013, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by mindbender ->
well if that's the case in UK you have the recipe for social disaster
If what's the case? Parental attitudes are much the same here in Oz as in the UK. Or were you referring to corporal punishment?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2013, 08:46 AM

***Can I remind members to remember our rules before posting. Personal abuse/name calling and responses to it will be removed.

Originally Posted by Admin
http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=4656

please, don't let things get personal when using this section - no matter how much you don't like what someone has posted please stick to what's been said rather than who's said it.

Thank you.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

13-05-2013, 09:50 AM

Meg, I dislike being referred to as irrational and past my sell-by date simply because a poster is incapable of reading what is written but I note that the unsubstantiated slur against me still stands on this thread. Strange.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2013, 10:22 AM

Karen - I agree he can be 'trashy' in his comments, but you defend yourself well ... I would rather know what someone has to say - to be corrected ! Meg says stick to whats being said - we do - but we have to refer to 'who has said it'.....
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

13-05-2013, 10:44 AM

The problem I have Pats is that he has been ill-mannered and upset a few people who have tried tactfully to stop him but tact and diplomacy doesn't work with people like that. Does he have the right to say what he likes about anyone on here and that he goes unchallenged and he can't be told the truth about how he's behaving? Doesn't this link nicely to the cyber bullying thread and highlights that unchallenged behaviour that is unkind will just continue.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2013, 10:56 AM

Sorry Karen - didn't mean to come across 'lightly' on the subject ...
If you feel that strongly - you must press the 'report' icon .....
Pats x
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2013, 11:50 AM

Oooops!!! Sorry I thought it was him Meg was talking about.

Page 14 of 17 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top