Join for free
Page 14 of 23 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2014, 03:00 PM

Re: Song that brings tears to your eyes

Your 'Elvis whatttttt?' comment reveals which of us is the snob.

I do not deny that Mr Potts overcome insecurities etc.etc. but he is one among many who have done so. And he has obviously completely overcome them if he is capable of performing in that venue wouldn't you say?

At no time did I suggest he did not have a good voice, merely said that I prefered the Elvis version of this particular song. Potts version could be said to be 'over egging' in the extreme. It is not an aria, merely a particularly beautiful love song. I would imagine there are several songs which would be equally as emotive were they to be translated into Italian and sung 'operatically'.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2014, 05:28 PM

I find it odd that another Welsh person would pick fault with Paul's endeavours. Then again maybe all us Welsh are somewhat argumentative. I don't wish to argue over Paul's singing though. I'm gloriously happy that I can be touched by his voice to such an extent. It washes over me in quite a painful manner really and leaves it's mark for quite a time after. His voice makes me a better person for a while. Not many singers can do that to me.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2014, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
Your 'Elvis whatttttt?' comment reveals which of us is the snob.

I do not deny that Mr Potts overcome insecurities etc.etc. but he is one among many who have done so. And he has obviously completely overcome them if he is capable of performing in that venue wouldn't you say?

At no time did I suggest he did not have a good voice, merely said that I prefered the Elvis version of this particular song. Potts version could be said to be 'over egging' in the extreme. It is not an aria, merely a particularly beautiful love song. I would imagine there are several songs which would be equally as emotive were they to be translated into Italian and sung 'operatically'.
May I simply point out the above!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2014, 11:07 AM

Here I Am

Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2014, 10:00 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOHek...51kXI&index=40
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2014, 10:09 PM

What a voice he had.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2014, 10:14 PM

Bruce Springsteen, The River

Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2014, 05:46 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeTN...FF2AB5A1F83D60
Fleur
New Member!
London UK
Fleur is female 

31-05-2014, 04:20 PM

Of my very best friends had a picture on her wall of her father Frank Cousins with his friend Paul Robeson. She had a grandson who was mixed race and he was 7 before he could be convinced that Paul Robeson was not his grandfather
Starry Eyes
Yorkshire UK
Starry Eyes is female  Starry Eyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2014, 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Here I Am

Behave yourself b/c, that is hardly a tear jerker!
So, back to the topic.
How about this one folks, it always gets me blubbing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmDxJrggie8
As I haven't yet been informed how to post videos, guess this is all I can do for now.. Sorry.

Page 14 of 23 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top