Join for free
Page 14 of 22 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 12:26 PM

Re: Flu Jab time

Originally Posted by Gabi ->
I'm hijacking nothing it is the Flu Jab time thread it's you blah blah blah on each thread so you don't know which is which. If anyone is looking silly it's you go and tell the NHS the flu jab is wasting money.
Gabi, the posts you quote were in the "Healing Energies" thread. The mods moved them to this thread quite rightly.

Try and keep up !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 12:40 PM

Blah blah blah sorry that is all I am getting from this now. I had mine I hope everyone who wants one gets theirs that is all I have to say about it now.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 12:49 PM

Your prerogative of course
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 01:02 PM

I have been having a flu jab every year since the early 90's (pre 65!) when I was offered one by my doctor due to me being my father's sole carer. That is over 20 years and I'm pleased to report that I'm in the best of health and never had flu or health complications in all those years. I'll be going for my pre-arranged vaccination this Friday, as will my husband.

We are old enough to make up our own minds about the vaccination and if it were necessary, I would sooner be advised by a medically qualified person than be persuaded by bits and pieces copied and pasted from the internet.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

05-10-2015, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I would sooner be advised by a medically qualified person .
That's excellent Mags. In which case you presumably took on board the research from the Cochrane Library.

Here's the extract from their website about who they are. I hope it meets your definition of "medically qualified"

COCHRANE
Who are we?

We are a global independent network of researchers, professionals, patients, carers, and people interested in health.

Cochrane contributors from more than 120 countries work together to produce credible, accessible health information that is free from commercial sponsorship and other conflicts of interest. Many of our contributors are world leaders in their fields - medicine, health policy, research methodology, or consumer advocacy - and our groups are situated in some of the world's most respected academic and medical institutions.

Our work is recognized as representing an international gold standard for high quality, trusted information.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Scaremongering is not helpful with these diseases we need to protect as many as we can to provide protection to those who don't have the jabs too. You are getting protection by those of us who do get the jabs so perhaps support us instead of trying to stop us helping ourselves and everyone else.
Scaremongering is particularly unhelpful to those of us who have serious and complicated medical conditions Julie.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Scaremongering is particularly unhelpful to those of us who have serious and complicated medical conditions Julie.
Very true I hope no one has been put off if their GP considers they would benefit from the jab.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

05-10-2015, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I hope no one has been put off if their GP considers they would benefit from the jab.
Me too.

However I truly hope that anyone now thinking of having the flu jab will ask their GP the following questions and insist on answers:

1) Does the vaccine you are recommending to me contain forms of Mercury?

2) If it does, how much Mercury is in it, and if you don't know, why don't you know? How can you recommend it if you don't know?

3) Can I see the packet please so I can read the ingredients list and determine if there is Thimerosal in it and if so what level?

4) How many people per 100 does the flu jab benefit as far as you are concerned and on what data do you base those figures? May I have a copy of those figures please?

The answers people get should be quite interesting and doubtless quite revealing about the state of the NHS and GPs in general.

If they say there is NO Mercury in the vaccine then they are most likely outright lying but an examination of the packet ingredients should confirm.

If they admit there IS Mercury but don't know what level then that imo is utter negligence on their part and I would think twice about taking any advice from them.

If they refuse to let you see the packet ingredient list then again I would walk away sharpish.

I would be very keen to hear from any of you that are electing to have the vaccine and to know exactly what brand/make of vaccine they are giving you and if you can get the ingredients list (called the "insert") from the packet then all the better so you can tell us what it says.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

05-10-2015, 02:58 PM

I don't need to waste the nurses time like that, I am first one to speak out if I feel the NHS is not behaving correctly, in this instance I feel they are doing what they can to protect the population and their patients.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I think all you can do is to write about what you do and set out the evidence or arguments as to why. People will read it, mull it over and either agree or disagree.
Mart most people will read something once, they won't read the same thing over again when someone with an obsession dons steel capped boots and attempts to ram their opinion down peoples throats with them on .

Page 14 of 22 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top