Join for free
Page 14 of 16 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2017, 11:34 AM

Re: Where is the Prime Minister/

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Would you say that if she was a man...
I would rather have a calm collected leader thank you than someone who exhibits insincere demonstrations of grief.

I can't forget Blairs cringe making 'Princess of our hearts' speech when Diana died...
She isn't coming across as calm and collected either. More fed up and flustered. Teflon Tony was from another universe, but he did have poise and was totally able to talk his way out of a can of worms. If you compare May with Maggie you can see the difference. A leader has to have a cool head, cool enough to not show how fed up he/she is. Both May and Brown don't have this skill. Teflon Tony and Maggie did. Hence they remained in power. I am not a corbychev fan but he is calm and collected.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2017, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Edited....cannot be bothered to argue.
I know how you feel ... had to toss a coin to decide whether to make a post myself.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2017, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Nobody but those with no heart at all could fail to be moved by the plight of the poor people in Grenfell tower , that goes without saying.

What has happened to this country, it seems to be these days unless people are seen to ringing their hand and weeping and wailing in public they lack compassion.

It all started with Diana Princess of Wales. Ok if you like that kind of thing personally I prefer calm dignity and getting on with doing something useful .
I thought the Queen was very dignified(when is she not?)
Almost everyone she spoke to seemed pleased she was there.

Those interviewed said she was very sincere and lovely.

She's cool.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2017, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
She isn't coming across as calm and collected either. More fed up and flustered. Teflon Tony was from another universe, but he did have poise and was totally able to talk his way out of a can of worms. If you compare May with Maggie you can see the difference. A leader has to have a cool head, cool enough to not show how fed up he/she is. Both May and Brown don't have this skill. Teflon Tony and Maggie did. Hence they remained in power. I am not a corbychev fan but he is calm and collected.
Hi

Corbyn?

Calm and collected?

He who can remain calm is too stupid to understand the reality of the situation.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2017, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

She has a reserved manner, a poker player's face if you like ... she might have mishandled the election campaign but this is entirely different.
It's not so long ago people were extolling the benefit of her poker face, which will be needed along with a backbone made of iron, for when it comes to handling Brexit.
She is reserved, I'd say an introvert even, but she doesn't have a poker face. Her emotions are impossible to hide.
I'm beginning to feel sorry for her. I bet she wakes up in the morning now and wonders where it all went wrong, what will happen next.
I too because at every interview she seems so utterly wretched.

I have a feeling they'll soon need those 3 second hand water cannons Boris bought back in 2011 (or were they sold?) ... because the next thing will probably be riots where alleged supporters of the Grenfell Tower victims go on the rampage, getting themselves freebie TV's and anything else that miraculously jumps out at them from smashed shop windows.
I sincerely hope not. This is a test not only of the leadership of the current government but also the local council Kensington & Chelsea (which appears to have shut up shop for the weekend according to a radio report) and Khan as Mayor. He too has been heckled and abused as it's under his watch. This is one of the most affluent councils in the country, if not the most affluent.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2017, 11:48 AM

You're kidding.
Corbyn isn't calm and collected. He shuffles around like a scatty slightly dishevelled professor .. in fact I'm surprised he didn't play Michael Caine's role in Educating Rita.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

17-06-2017, 12:02 PM

She is reserved, I'd say an introvert even, but she doesn't have a poker face. Her emotions are impossible to hide.
So what are you saying? The PM's job is really a talent competition best suited to people with white toothy smiles? Often insincere.
Don't tell Boris he'll flip his floppy hair back and be sprinting to No 10.
You've got a real downer on the lady , you don't like the look of her and it's clearly made you biased.
How on earth do you equate leaderships qualities and the capability to run the country with how socially engaging someone is.

I sincerely hope not. This is a test not only of the leadership of the current government but also the local council Kensington & Chelsea (which appears to have shut up shop for the weekend according to a radio report) and Khan as Mayor. He too has been heckled and abused as it's under his watch. This is one of the most affluent councils in the country, if not the most affluent.
This is not a test of the leadership of the current government ... except to rabble rousers who try to make it so.
It is a case of rank negligence and cost cutting by a local council who opted for the lowest tender, which they invariably always do. The tragic consequences and the blame for it rest at their door.
When my bins aren't emptied I don't ring Downing Street to complain.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2017, 12:09 PM

Edited....cannot be bothered to argue.
I know how you feel ... had to toss a coin to decide whether to make a post myself.
Blah blah blah couldn't agree more.
Waste of time and energy.
Said my piece yesterday.
Unsubscribe
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

17-06-2017, 12:26 PM

So what are you saying? The PM's job is really a talent competition best suited to people with white toothy smiles? Often insincere.
Don't tell Boris he'll flip his floppy hair back and be sprinting to No 10.
You've got a real downer on the lady , you don't like the look of her and it's clearly made you biased.
How on earth do you equate leaderships qualities and the capability to run the country with how socially engaging someone is.

Socially engaging is part of the job when you are leading a democratic country on the international sphere and about to go into some of the most onerous negotiations in our history. So is looking poised, calm and collected. Nobody has confidence in a leader who looks terrified all the time and gets tongue-twisted during intimidating interviews.

This is not a test of the leadership of the current government ... except to rabble rousers who try to make it so.
It is a case of rank negligence and cost cutting by a local council who opted for the lowest tender, which they invariably always do. The tragic consequences and the blame for it rest at their door.
When my bins aren't emptied I don't ring Downing Street to complain.

It is a test just as much Katrina was a test of Bush. Everyone is looking to see how she will respond. Every commentator and radio show is analysing her every move. Everyone is praising the Queen, who is calm, collected, kind and poised. Would Charles have had the same reaction? Leadership and personality are inextricably tied.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2017, 12:29 PM

I thought the Queen was very dignified(when is she not?)
Almost everyone she spoke to seemed pleased she was there.

Those interviewed said she was very sincere and lovely.

She's cool.
I seem to remember the Queen being criticised for being 'cold' when the Princess of Wales died and instead of flying to London for a public demonstration of grief she stayed with her grandsons in Scotland giving them time to take in the news and to avoid the media for as long as possible.

Page 14 of 16 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top