Join for free
Page 14 of 26 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 04:09 PM

Re: Boris Johnson resigns.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
I repeat, it was leave or stay.
Correct

I repeat, there are different ways of leaving.
Incorrect

The ballot paper was quite clear.

Moreover, the great David Cameron made it quite clear that the decision of the people would be acted on.

Now it is my turn to repeat.
There was never any mention of 'different ways of leaving'. The simple choices were to leave or to remain.

What your friend Theresa May is proposing is that we leave nominally whilst remaining under the governance of the EU in a number of ways.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Does Anyone know exactly what those terms mean?...I sure as hell don't...and no...don't bother enlightening Me...I'm past caring now.
This might put a smile on your face May. I picked up a copy of The Metro free paper on the train. In it , someone made a reference to Dominic Raab, as "Raab C Brexit!" Let's hope he does'nt conduct negotiations, in the style of that particular gentleman!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Let's be clear.

LEAVE means leaving control of the EU and ECJ, period.

You can have whatever trade deals you want or can negotiate but what you can not do is undertake any deal, trade or otherwise that leaves the UK under the control or semi control of the EU and/or ECJ.

It's really not difficult.
Exactly. There are many reasons why I, and others, voted to leave the EU, but the most important is our sovereignty.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 04:40 PM

I assume we won't have votes on changes in the EU that we would have to abide with, as we will have no MEP's in the European Parliament ?
So is that when our own Parliament is able to vote on whether we join them or not on various rules ?

If that's the case, it is very silly. Give it a decade, and we'll have voted ourselves back in again, through back doors and different governments.
That's how I see it.. (probably wrong again)
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 04:41 PM

Sovereignty puts food on the table does it?
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
This might put a smile on your face May. I picked up a copy of The Metro free paper on the train. In it , someone made a reference to Dominic Raab, as "Raab C Brexit!" Let's hope he does'nt conduct negotiations, in the style of that particular gentleman!!
..Good one John..here's one of Rabs quotes "When Ye get right doon tae it,there's only birth,copulation,and death,everything else is pure bloody guesswork" Very apt Methinks
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 04:58 PM

Hi

A good read,

https://www.ft.com/content/a0e84cb8-...7-502f7ee26895

Whoever we do deals with, there has to be an adjudicator, even under the WTO.

Even countries as disparate as the USA and Russia accept the ECJ for some things, i.e. the bits that suit them.

We are unique in rejecting it completely, which makes things difficult for us to trade equally in some areas.

I completely agree it should have no place in our domestic law, but we have to be rational and not put ourselves at a disadvantage.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 05:21 PM

Theresa May is facing fresh turmoil today after two of her party vice chairs quit in protest at her Brexit plans.

Ben Bradley and Maria Caulfield both handed in their resignations in letters in which they tore into her proposals for a 'third way'.

The two Brexiteer Tory MPs warned that the PM is risking handing the keys to No10 to Labour's hard-left leader Jeremy Corbyn if she goes ahead with the Brexit plan.

Meanwhile, the first letters of no confidence in Mrs May have been sent in today as the Tory party descends into open warfare over its Brexit policy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Tory-MPs.html
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 05:24 PM

Hi

I repeat, it was leave or stay.

I repeat, there are different ways of leaving.

Some, like my MP, would be happy to leave without any Free Trade Agreement, others want to leave with a simple Free Trade Agreement in place, others want more than this.

People interpret things in different ways.

My personal preferred option is none of the above, it is the Swiss Model, complete, I would add, with referendums on all important issues, that way the Swiss keep their politicians under control.

We can blame David Cameron for this balls up.

He was so desperate to win with a majority he offered the referendum without thinking it out, thinking we wouldn’t go for it

But we did

And is it really our fault that our elected government weren’t prepared for a Brexit. They fed both camps so much misinformation in the hope that they would get a remain vote but it never happened. Cameron bailed right away. He knew this was going to be a big balls up and it really is

However the bigger the balls up the more I want a hard brexit. No deal is sounding better then a bad deal from where I’m sitting because all I can see is how Brussels is still calling the tune and for me it was about leaving their control
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
..Good one John..here's one of Rabs quotes "When Ye get right doon tae it,there's only birth,copulation,and death,everything else is pure bloody guesswork" Very apt Methinks
Give that man a A plus for shrewdness! What about minister for food, and especially drink!!

Page 14 of 26 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top