Join for free
Page 14 of 56 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 03:11 PM

Re: Coronavirus: Dominic Cummings visited parents' home while he had symptoms

I see elected MP Steven Kinnock is enjoying his nice, quiet Bank Holiday weekend.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I read the article some weeks ago by Cumming's wife Mary Wakefield about their terrible experience of having the virus included experiencing hallucination and muscular spasms. It sometimes happens that people die very suddenly with C19 due to thrombotic complications.

I guess some people might have prefered it if Cummings had stayed at home in London rather than seeking help from a trusted younger family member and while doing so had died along with his wife leaving the child alone with 2 dead bodies.
It would have given the gossips somthing to chew on...
Meg, Some of that is similar to what l said in the post that l deleted but realised some were preparing the scaffold and noose on here and it was too late.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Meg, That is similar to what l said in the post that l deleted but realised some were preparing the scaffold and noose on here and it was too late.
There is no witch hunt, there is no scaffold and noose. Cummings broke the rules on self isolation, the facts are very clear on that and as a result he should be punished for it, that is all that is being asked BUT those rallying behind him are interpreting those rules differently to be able to justify his actions and that is what is causing a problem because it is being seen as one rule for government and it's staff and one rule for everyone else.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 03:24 PM

Should I Stay or Should I Go

The Clash

Boris,you got to let me know
Should I stay or should I go?
If you say that you are mine
I'll be here 'til the end of time
So you got to let me know

It's always tease, tease, tease
You're happy when I'm on my knees
One day it's fine and next it's black
So if you want me off your back
Well, come on and let me know

Should I stay or should I go now?
Should I stay or should I go now?
If I go, there will be trouble
And if I stay it will be double
So come on and let me know
Should I stay or should I go.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Here's one after a single tranche :-

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...-dies-18276929.
He went in March the child died in May.

Dont see your point.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
There is no witch hunt, there is no scaffold and noose. Cummings broke the rules on self isolation, the facts are very clear on that and as a result he should be punished for it, that is all that is being asked BUT those rallying behind him are interpreting those rules differently to be able to justify his actions and that is what is causing a problem because it is being seen as one rule for government and it's staff and one rule for everyone else.
Why aren’t you using your voice and energy to bringing someone more worthy of punishment..... like Tony Blair!

What Dominic Cummings did, is a spit in the ocean in comparison.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 03:32 PM

https://bylinetimes.com/2020/05/23/b...h-commandment/

Mary Wakefield’s appearance on BBC Radio 4’s Today programme – delivering its ‘Thought for the Day’ – in April was a theatre of nostalgia, religion and propaganda; an exercise designed to present Cummings and Boris Johnson as vulnerable heroes who, through prayer and indomitable will, pulled through. What she failed to mention on air – and in the articles published by her and Cummings in the magazine she is the commissioning editor of which, The Spectator – was the journey to Durham to see his parents, a drive that could easily have spread the Coronavirus and made his parents seriously ill.
So listeners would have assumed that the "battle for survival" was fought on the Home Front, just like the Blitz, and not 300 miles away .....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 03:33 PM

Meg, Some of that is similar to what l said in the post that l deleted but realised some were preparing the scaffold and noose on here and it was too late.
Art ''It takes all sorts as they say'' some people like to take a 'holier than though' attitude regardless of what they would do themselves if presented with a similar situation.

I have been in the situation of having a sick and dying husband and a small child while living miles away from my family and agonising over what would happen if I became ill.

I can imagine Cummings watching his boss and people around him at work become ill then his wife knowing he was likly to become ill too.
I would have done exactly as he did being unprepare to trust just anyone with my child.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 03:36 PM

Why aren’t you using your voice and energy to bringing someone more worthy of punishment..... like Tony Blair!

What Dominic Cummings did, is a spit in the ocean in comparison.
That has got nothing to do with this topic of discussion. People are defending Cummings even though the official rules and guidance on self isolation does not support his actions or his defence and neither does it towards those who are rallying behind him and as such I am disgusted by it and thus I am voicing strong opinions and views about it.

A classic example is here, part of quoted message that was posted by another member

It yesterday briefing the government scientist Dr Jenny Harris reaffirmed ''the official guidance is that if you develop Covid-19 symptoms you must remove yourself from the public domain, but that there is “always an element of safeguarding” ...in other words the safety of others (and yourself to some extent) is also a consideration.
and this is the official guidance from the government on self isolation
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...d-19-infection

and no where in the official guidance is there anything that relates to what Dr Jenny Harris uses to defend Cummings actions. They are making it up as they go along all for the purpose of protecting one of their own (high placed government official).
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Art ''It takes all sorts as they say'' some people like to take a 'holier than though' attitude regardless of what they would do themselves if presented with a similar situation.
It's Cummings who's taking the 'holier than though' attitude - (most of) the rest of us have been obeying the advice and rules .....

Page 14 of 56 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top