Join for free
Page 14 of 17 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 11:22 PM

Re: Dirty Toilet

Originally Posted by Mags ->

You would be good at writing 'dirty stories' Pesta!
Yep. However, let's not use Pesta's comment above to start this as a "continue the story" thread
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Seriously though, I'm reading a Stephen King novel where some nasty people mixed two cleaning agents to get chlorine gas to kill people.
Don't try that at home!

Tess, I know what you mean, and that is why I said back in the beginning to ask the man if he had been pouring anything down there before Pesta started putting more chemicals down.
I thought it looked like creosote or similar.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2020, 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Keezoy, as a psycho analyst, do you not consider there may be some underlying emotional problems, that have led to this situation?
Mine or his?..Haw..only jok'n. But no. JUst a total lack of any sense of hygeine or giving a sh*t (pun intended) about anybody else that might have no choice but to use that...thing. And just for the record, I am not a psychoanalyst. That is a medical specialty. A branch of psychiatry. One has to have an MD or MB. BS first. In this country leastways. My qualifications are in social work and applied psychology. And most importantly..I'm retired!..
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2020, 06:54 AM

And may I say Sir, seemingly with all cognitive function in place.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2020, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Yes, I did think about doing that Dex - but then wondered about leaving standing bleach in when he probably won't be going back ie wondering if it could harm the cistern or rubbers or something.
There's condoms in there too??
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2020, 10:45 AM

Doesn’t bleach dissipate after a while ?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2020, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->

You would be good at writing 'dirty stories' Pesta!
Mags, I can't take any credit for that - it's from a website, hence the quotation marks.
Like you, I had no idea what that scene was about so Googled.
This is the best bit:

'Thankfully, in reality the bathroom set was anything but grimy. “It was meticulously clean,” remembers the director, adding that all the faecal-looking elements were, in fact, different kinds of chocolate. “The set smelled really sweet — delicious, really, kind of like a confectionery. You could have licked the chocolate right off the bowl.”

Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2020, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->

Quick Google ...

'Bleach rapidly degrades in the presence of light and when mixed with water. Bleach solutions require a full 10 minutes of contact time to ensure complete disinfection. If bleach solution evaporates in less than 10 minutes, a greater volume of solution should be applied'.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

11-08-2020, 08:58 PM

Yesterday, Miss Madam did the bathroom. I did the kitchen and part of the bedsitting area.

She did a sterling job in the bathroom. Clean loo, shower, sink, floor tiles. She said it wasn't too difficult to scrape the stuff off with bleach and brillo pads No pictures of the clean loo I'm afraid. She forgot to take them, maybe she took some today, I don't know. We're not speaking at the mo.

What a fractious day yesterday was between us. Our different ways, methods, priorities got in the way, as usual. The heat and humidity didn't help, coupled with only two small opening lites in windows, constantly boiling kettles of water (no hot water in the kitchen area) adding to the humidity. Just so much CRAP everywhere. Still is.

Anyway, here endeth the dirty loo saga.

Full stop.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Maybe....

''Search Results
Featured snippet from the web
Bleach can expire. After a shelf life of six months, bleach starts to degrade. Even in its original bottle, bleach becomes 20 percent less effective as each year goes by. Bleach mixed with water at a 1:9 ratio (i.e. 10 percent bleach) is potent for about a day (it's more unstable in its diluted form).13 Feb 2006''

Page 14 of 17 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top