Join for free
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 04:04 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Yes you have it worse. X
Not if he ain't got to go out he ain't, that's why I didn't have my trousers on when Ciders popped round, they were drenched!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Not if he ain't got to go out he ain't, that's why I didn't have my trousers on when Ciders popped round, they were drenched!
Oh, I say.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 05:35 PM

there's a lot of rapping going on around here today!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 06:54 PM

There sure is a whole lot of wrapping going on here, washing wrapping around me face, the wind is doing 110 K at the moment and all the washing from next door is blowing into my garden, they are all working girls living there and two pairs of knickers and a black bra slapped me straight in the face when I went out to put stuff into the bin, I put them in a plastic bag and asked Phyllis to give them back to the girls when they come in from work, I certainly not going to knock at their door and ask them if they have lost their knickers recently.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 07:15 PM

I’ve been watching old Alfred Hitchcock Presents TV programs on utube, great little tales of the unexpected, some here are old enough to remember when they first went out, there was the pencil drawn profile of himself then the music which went something like this “de dum de deele de dum de dum…” finally followed by “Good Evening”
He was talking about condensed foods, last night in the introduction, you know, the just add water craze that dominated fast foods in the late 50’s. then came the big one, the “TV dinner” that had a good innings, but just as video killed the radio star, the pizza pie killed the video dinner.
Come to think of it I never had a TV dinner, if you missed dinner in our house back then it was reheated over and over and shoved up to your face until you finally ate it, you wouldn’t get anything else if you didn’t eat it, how my dear old mother managed a housefull of kids and a husband in hospital with TB I’ll never know, God bless her, she managed to keep the five of us together all through our childhood years.
Oh God I still remember that horrible skin that formed on potatoes from reheating them on a plate atop a boiling pot of water covered with the lid.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 09:42 PM

Thanks for your help! I've found my pyjamas. I was wearing them.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

12-03-2019, 10:21 PM

Glad you found them Ciderman.
I don’t know how you wear pyjamas, I’ve always slept in me underpants and nothing else, even as a kid I couldn’t stand them on me in bed.

All this in and out of Europe thing is getting everyone on edge, so confusing.
Take my good woman, when we first changed over from ounces, pounds and stones to Kilos she was bamboozled, she would normally buy Kerry Pinks or King Edward potatoes (Imagine being called after a potato, I’m sure king eddy got a slagging over that in his day), when she got to the greengrocer she asked him for half a stone of King Edwards, he said that he only does Kilos now. “Alright then, give us half a stone of Kilos, I just hope they’re as floury as the King Edwards”
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
Thanks for your help! I've found my pyjamas. I was wearing them.
Ciders, I need your help. I think I've killed a Thread!!
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 10:39 PM

No threads in my pyjamas Spitty. That's assuming I have pyjamas of course. Like Jem I am devoid of pyjamas in the normally accepted style. Mine are shorts. I only wear proper pyjamas when I visit the Queen.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

12-03-2019, 10:46 PM

I have no PJ's, just a Pseudo Silk Kimono.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top