Join for free
Page 15 of 22 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 12:36 PM

Re: Do you ever think...

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Ah! That brings back memories of the Green Cross Man advert.
Oh I remember him, but can't for the life of me think why he has stuck in my memory
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I understand your feelings Floydy, but I think the problem is that it is just like a conversation. We must have all been chatting when somebody throws in a funny comment. Most people will laugh, but I think in real life most of us show respect to the person who has started the conversation, or move to conduct their own funny conversation elsewhere.
That doesn't happen on forums & I have to admit that I occasionally make a funny comment to somebody, but I hope I don't derail the thread & would be apologetic if somebody suggested I had.
If it is a topic that people wish to continue, I think most people would be happy to comply if you just said " Can we get back on topic please?" because the majority are just being humorous & don't realize they are spoiling it for others.
I did my best three posts ago...the thread is basically about internet and forum addiction.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 12:37 PM

I understand your feelings Floydy, but I think the problem is that it is just like a conversation. We must have all been chatting when somebody throws in a funny comment. Most people will laugh, but I think in real life most of us show respect to the person who has started the conversation, or move to conduct their own funny conversation elsewhere.
That doesn't happen on forums & I have to admit that I occasionally make a funny comment to somebody, but I hope I don't derail the thread & would be apologetic if somebody suggested I had.
If it is a topic that people wish to continue, I think most people would be happy to comply if you just said " Can we get back on topic please?" because the majority are just being humorous & don't realize they are spoiling it for others.
Oh right .... stalks off in high dudgeon.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
First 10 pages are fine... that's pretty good going!

Once the pandas came onto the scene I'm as guilty as anyone for descending into mischief.

But hey, it's not anything to get wound up about, all it takes is another serious post about internet addiction to get the thread back on track...

And yes, it IS a major addiction and I'd be the first to admit it.

That's why I NEVER take my pad away with me.

And I feel desperately sorry for kids today who attend schools where the Head, Governers, and teaching staff haven't the balls to ban phones from the classroom.
And where kids take the day home with them instead of leaving it all behind at the bus stop.
I can't remember who it was a couple of days ago on here who said that people who tend to use their phones a lot for texting are those who find it difficult to converse in real life. That was such a wise statement.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 12:43 PM

My sentiments exactly, Twink. Good post
I guess it is like real life conversation when one of the group with a louder voice suddenly interrupts you while you are speaking and starts talking about what they want to talk about. I hate that. It's rude and I usually say "Let me finish please".
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 01:04 PM

Look I did not want to cause panda monium on this thread the people on the thread at the time were quite happy to talk panda bollox to me

As an aside just saw a Giraffe walking around the town centre
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

04-09-2018, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
Look I did not want to cause panda monium on this thread the people on the thread at the time were quite happy to talk panda bollox to me

As an aside just saw a Giraffe walking around the town centre
I'm out.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
...that maybe you spend far too much time on your laptop, desktop, phone or whatever method you use to get online? Why do you feel the need to chat to strangers? Is there something missing from your life or, like me, do you spend hours sitting alone for whatever reason?
....so anyway...what do you think?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 02:54 PM

I think it is very nice to see you EZ.
I'm an addict. I know that. I work online anyway, I skive.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

04-09-2018, 02:58 PM

Well done, EZ Rider for getting your thread back on track

Page 15 of 22 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top