Join for free
Page 15 of 17 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 11:01 PM

Re: Serious problems with flu shot safety and effectiveness

Children are given Fluenz which is activated.

The Bergen study is far more recent than Cowling (published 2017) and has a larger sample over a far longer time period of several years. The Bergen study concluded that the vaccine does not compromise the immune response.

The Bergen study concluded that having annual vaccines promotes better immune function than having a one off. It contradicts the results of your study.

Neither study takes into account the reduced immune function of an ageing population. But healthcare workers will be closer in age than children aged 6 to 15.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
What we need is global regulation which honestly and openly identifies and supports the wide range of natural antibiotics that exist in Nature.
You are against conventional antibiotic medicine?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
You are against conventional antibiotic medicine?
I'm FOR natural cures, be they antibiotic or anti-viral or anything else, as the first port of call in any situation. Synthetic medicine should be a last resort.

People have largely been brainwashed through media advertising and the usual Campaigns Of Fear into believing that they should immediately reach for Pharma medicines when they get ill. It's as ridiculous as it is tragic.

People get a cold and for many the instant response is to go out and buy branded or supermarket "cold and flu" capsules and throat lozenges and cough syrups and so on. It's tragic.
All those things will serve only to prolong their condition and make things worse.

If I get an infection, my FIRST port of call is always one of a range of natural treatments which I know will deal with it. For an eye infection I use drops of Goldenseal in standard eyewash saline. Absolutely no need to go reaching for nasty Chloramphenicol drops from the chemist !

For any exterior infection (like nail/toe nail infections) I use Grapefruit Seed Extract which is hugely powerful, probably the strongest natural antibiotic and anti-viral anti-fungal product you can get. It's massively useful for an entire range of conditions, 100s of them. Dermatological problems, Excema and the like, fungal foot problems and so on.

It equally has 100s of internal uses. Kills tummy bugs in minutes, stops gastrointestinal ailments like Norovirus in their tracks, kills bouts of Cystitis in women over night and load more.

All f this kind of thing should be pushed and supported by our governments and health services but they are not, because they don't support the huge profit making business that now runs the show.

There are numerous products of Nature, plants, herbs, spices, fruits and vegetables that have MASSIVE efficacy for 1000s of ailments. There is absolutely no need at all in many cases for anyone to even consider synthetic pills, potions and treatments. Health lies in Nature, not in the Big Pharma big business who only profit from keeping people sick.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

12-11-2018, 11:40 PM

I'm FOR natural cures, be they antibiotic or anti-viral or anything else, as the first port of call in any situation. Synthetic medicine should be a last resort.
So you do not agree with penicillin?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 11:58 PM

So you do not agree with penicillin?
Why do you constantly make this sh*t up Annie?

You've done this in various threads. Making things up and attributing them to me. Where have I said that I do not agree with penicillin?

I understand antibiotics, how they work, what they are used for.

I understand the difference between cycling to work and catching a bus or driving a car!

This idea that medical antibiotics are the answer to all our woes is ridiculous. There is no doubt at all that some of these medical products are effective in what they do

What I am saying however, is that the FIRST port of call should be Nature, not Big Pharma products. And when I say first port of call I do not mean waiting until someone has gotten to a life threatening state and then trying Nature's products. I'm saying that their entire life should be focussed on Nature and that their diet should be wide and varied and full of wonderful health boosting products of Nature so that they won't get sick in the first place. Then when they first start to see symptoms of a condition, they FIRST reach for specific products of Nature known to be effective for that condition and treat themselves accordingly. Only if the condition doesn't respond should they then look towards synthetic Pharma products.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

13-11-2018, 12:15 AM

Why do you constantly make this sh*t up Annie?

You've done this in various threads. Making things up and attributing them to me. Where have I said that I do not agree with penicillin?

I understand antibiotics, how they work, what they are used for.

I understand the difference between cycling to work and catching a bus or driving a car!

This idea that medical antibiotics are the answer to all our woes is ridiculous. There is no doubt at all that some of these medical products are effective in what they do

What I am saying however, is that the FIRST port of call should be Nature, not Big Pharma products. And when I say first port of call I do not mean waiting until someone has gotten to a life threatening state and then trying Nature's products. I'm saying that their entire life should be focussed on Nature and that their diet should be wide and varied and full of wonderful health boosting products of Nature so that they won't get sick in the first place. Then when they first start to see symptoms of a condition, they FIRST reach for specific products of Nature known to be effective for that condition and treat themselves accordingly. Only if the condition doesn't respond should they then look towards synthetic Pharma products.
I was asking you a simple question. You have not provided an answer. A yes or no will suffice.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

13-11-2018, 12:27 AM

I was asking you a simple question. You have not provided an answer. A yes or no will suffice.
Stating "you do not agree with penicillin" and bunging a question mark after it does not constitute a question.

What am I supposed to be agreeing about it?

That it exists?
That it works?
What it is used for?

Would you like to ask a question that has meaning and some specifity?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

13-11-2018, 12:35 AM

Stating "you do not agree with penicillin" and bunging a question mark after it does not constitute a question.

What am I supposed to be agreeing about it?

That it exists?
That it works?
What it is used for?

Would you like to ask a question that has meaning and some specifity?
Are you for the medical use of penicillin on humans who are sick?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 10:44 AM

@Bruce

As I said, you are now playing with numbers, as my old Maths teacher would say, you are trying to compare apples with oranges.

I was very clear in what I said to you. There are mortality rates attributable SPECIFICALLY to Influenza. That is what the ONS numbers are.

Other sources are reporting ALL conditions not deaths specifically caused by Influenza. Apples, bananas.
They quote all deaths attributed to influenza

Here you are tinkering with statistics and yet claiming that it is not playing with numbers?

Does it occur to you that the rise in numbers for ONS statistics are because of a change in reporting those statistics? It happens all the time.

I remind you with quotes from my previous message

Originally Posted by Bruce ->

"estimated excess of 13,058 influenza A all-cause deaths"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3859479/

The BMJ reported 138 confirmed swine flu deaths in 2009

https://www.bmj.com/content/339/bmj.b5213

Again a figure at odds with your simplistic study.

According to Centre for Clinical Vaccinology and Tropical Medicine, Churchill Hospital, University of Oxford.

"In the UK it is estimated that an average of 600 people a year die from complications of flu."

http://vk.ovg.ox.ac.uk/influenza-flu
No apples and bananas there, just FLU. As I say just some old bloke with too much time on his hands, with no medical or statistical expertise, sifting through statistics to suit his purpose and then spouting a long winded dose of nonsense.

"Lies, damned lies, and statistics" sums up your so called "Conclusion". Which is basically, "Unless it agrees with me it is playing with numbers".
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 11:34 AM

Sorry Bruce but there appears to be a lot of 'Estimated' in your figures.....

Page 15 of 17 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top