Join for free
Page 15 of 40 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2013, 10:30 PM

Re: Trolls

I have it on CD in my car & sing along!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2013, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Munchkin ->
Thank you so much for the welcome, I probably picked up the wrong signals, when I read the first message I assumed one person had been upsetting another on another forum, and everyone was agreeing with him,
I promise to pay more attention
No problem - easy mistake to make, we're a friendly bunch
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2013, 11:46 PM

Welcome Munchkin!
Angelfire
South, USA
Angelfire is female  Angelfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2013, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I think we are discussing two different types of troublesome forum users here. A 'Troll' isn't really a vindictive person but a trouble maker per se. They make contentious threads with a view to causing disruption. What stevmk2 seems to be suffering from is plain and simple cyber bullying, where he is dealing with a vindictive online personality. The latter I have always found to be easy to deal with in that I simply turn the tables on them by winding them up to such an extent they eventually get too personal and either get a warning or get banned.
I agree with you concerning cyber bullies. I was on a social site for several years, and that happened to me. It was truly awful, as there was a group of them, who would attack all together, nonstop. The moderators allowed this. I had to leave, and am much happier not being there anymore.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2014, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I suppose it depends on who is the target; if it's someone who struggles with negativity being aimed at them, it will upset them and not replying doesn't always stop the comments.

I do think the mods should step in when things start becoming personal and repetitive and when it becomes clear that a particular FM is being singled out - especially when two or more start targeting someone as happened on this forum.
Some mods on forums are just as bad! I complained to the owner of one forum about a moderator attacking me personally & said I was going to leave the site. I guess because I was new, the owner didn't care & decided to tell me "sorry you feel that way, I'll delete your account".

Lovely.

Just luckily, I gave it to the moderator 'good' on a PM before I left for good.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2014, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
This is why mods are important they should be able to have a quiet word with anyone getting a bit over excited and just say wind yer neck in or similar that way no one else needs be involved. What got me was only members contacted me to see if I was alright even when I was leaving no one in charge seemed to want to get involved.
I was once banned from a forum for getting over excited. I felt I was being ganged up on & someone made a remark to me that I reacted to. I was fairly new to this forum & had never been on a forum before, as i had just turned50. I flew off the handle so to speak, but that same thing wouldn't bother me today. It can work strangely in that way. Today I wouldn't be banned because I know how to handle myself better but back then, that was IT, for me.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

09-05-2014, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
Think the only person who has been banned who could be thought of as a Troll was that Lord Whatshisname.

Think a few persons have been banned for standing their ground but where abusive in doing so.
Yes, agreed! That's pretty much what I meant. Problem is people grow & realize their mistakes but it's over if you're banned unless there was some provision of being able to talk to the powers that be about giving a second chance.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2014, 10:11 PM

these cyber bullies, trolls, whatever you want to call them couldn't get away with it in the "real world" so this is their playground, to me that shows their weakness, they're not really in control but they'd like to make you believe they are, they probably wouldn't dare say boo to a goose face to face, they're all losers which is why you shouldn't give them the bullets to fire, they don't want to be ignored otherwise they can't win so.. IGNORE them, I do, at the first sign of trouble, I wont rise to the bait, eventually if they haven't got anyone to support them or play games with they usually back off

game over
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2014, 10:28 PM

Trolls are old news now. Imo.
Tuppy
South East England
Tuppy is female  Tuppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2014, 08:22 AM

I agree with Honey completely

Page 15 of 40 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top