Join for free
Page 15 of 29 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 > Last »
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 05:59 PM

Re: Whats Next for Brexit ?

Hmm!...perhaps Theresa and Nige should stay in Brussels..looks like They'll be safer there
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 06:24 PM

What a mess!
From what I gather, the MPs have to vote for May's deal or we don't get an extention.
80% of businesses are asking for a no deal to be thrown out. 1,109225 signatures on revoking article 50 now.
Our enemies could not have planned this better, (perhaps it's being manipulated by someone somewhere), I think our Government is about to implode.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 06:36 PM

A delay has been negotiated - we have until 22nd May - just before the EU elections. Lets hope they get something sorted.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
What a mess!
From what I gather, the MPs have to vote for May's deal or we don't get an extention.
80% of businesses are asking for a no deal to be thrown out. 1,109225 signatures on revoking article 50 now.
Our enemies could not have planned this better, (perhaps it's being manipulated by someone somewhere), I think our Government is about to implode.

Good. Lets get rid of this arrogant, ignorant, stupid scumbag 'nasty party once and for all !!!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
What a mess!
Surely if our MPs vote in favour of May's deal then we don't need an extension - can't they just get on with it and leave with the deal.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
A delay has been negotiated - we have until 22nd May - just before the EU elections. Lets hope they get something sorted.
the delay is contingent on the meaningful vote being in favour of a deal. The reason it's so short is because TM does not want us to take part in EU elections. So the chances of having an actual extension are pretty slim.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

21-03-2019, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
the delay is contingent on the meaningful vote being in favour of a deal. The reason it's so short is because TM does not want us to take part in EU elections. So the chances of having an actual extension are pretty slim.

Its the EU who don't want us to take part in the elections unless we remain in Annie, so they won't go beyond the 22nd May. If there is a vote in favour of a deal in our parliament, then surely we don't need an extension anyway. We just get on and leave with the deal. It's getting so complicated. I bet Teresa May is losing the will to live - I know I would be. Got to give her credit for her stamina.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 07:09 PM

Surely if our MPs vote in favour of May's deal then we don't need an extension - can't they just get on with it and leave with the deal.
Hi

Nope, she has left it so late we cannot get the necessary legislation in place.

There is a ruck of highly technical stuff to do which she has neglected.

There is no guarantee that she will get her deal through Parliament next week.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

21-03-2019, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Nope, she has left it so late we cannot get the necessary legislation in place.

There is a ruck of highly technical stuff to do which she has neglected.

There is no guarantee that she will get her deal through Parliament next week.

Ahh I see Swimfeeders. Then we must have the extension and lets hope they get their act together. I can't understand why they haven't got all options covered in preparation.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 07:31 PM

Ahh I see Swimfeeders. Then we must have the extension and lets hope they get their act together. I can't understand why they haven't got all options covered in preparation.
Hi

Strangely enough we need do nothing to leave with No Deal, the defaults are already in place.

Even stranger, May has decided that Parliament will not work next Friday, Brexit Day.

Page 15 of 29 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top