Join for free
Page 15 of 63 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 > Last »
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2014, 02:31 PM

Re: Film - the most recent you have seen?

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Well I had a go at watching this but it seemed boring to me and a bit too far fetched. If she got her kit off at some point that might have helped but I don't think she did .

Might have another go at it soon but my first impression was - eh ... nonsense.
Well she does get 'some' of her kit off doesn't she? Recall reading a minor diatribe about how skimpy her undies were when in fact they have to wear 'Bridget Jones' big pants with nappies (or diapers as the article called them).
Death
New Member!
Vancouver
Death is male 

09-03-2014, 04:03 PM

I watched Cloud Atlas last night and I'm conflicted about whether it's good or not. It's beautifully filmed and well acted especially Jim Broadbent who is one of my favourite actors but what's distracting is the poor quality of some of the make up in the movie specifically the Caucasians in the New Seoul segment who have been given Asian eyes for some reason.
Also each of the segments are interesting vignettes in their right but I cannot see how they fit together although I paused the movie with 30 minutes left and went to bed so maybe all will become clear with a stunning revelation at the end, I certainly hope so because I understand that was the whole point of the book.
Death
New Member!
Vancouver
Death is male 

09-03-2014, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
Well she does get 'some' of her kit off doesn't she? Recall reading a minor diatribe about how skimpy her undies were when in fact they have to wear 'Bridget Jones' big pants with nappies (or diapers as the article called them).
I'm willing to extend artistic license to avoid having to see Sandra Bullock in realistic NASA nappies.
Death
New Member!
Vancouver
Death is male 

09-03-2014, 04:12 PM

Back to Gravity, I wasn't at all interested in seeing it until it was Oscar nominated for Best Picture and I make appoint of seeing as many of the nominees as I can prior to the awards because it's a more interesting experience if you've actually seen the films and I'm glad I did. I'll grant you that Gravity is incredibly far fetched but it is a good story full of suspense and it's visually stunning too.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2014, 05:18 PM

The other night my son 'boxed' After Earth, purely as an exercise in curiosity he claims. He reckons he managed to watch the entire film in under 15 minutes and missed nothing of importance.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys

09-03-2014, 05:23 PM

He did something similar with Cruise's Oblivion, although he says he watched just a little bit more of this one, but was still unimpressed. Let us just say that on both occasions he was glad that a) he had not spent good money on either, and b) he had not wasted too much time on them.

Both were, he says, merely vehicles for the two stars egos.
Death
New Member!
Vancouver
Death is male 

09-03-2014, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
The other night my son 'boxed' After Earth, purely as an exercise in curiosity he claims. He reckons he managed to watch the entire film in under 15 minutes and missed nothing of importance.
Excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by boxed?
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2014, 06:30 PM

Not sure that I understand 'boxed' either
daisymay
South Wales Valleys

09-03-2014, 06:50 PM

We have a Sky+ box, hence when we record a programme we refer to it as being 'boxed'.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2014, 08:35 PM

Heidi, 4th time this week grand niece seems a little obsessed with this one

Page 15 of 63 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top