Join for free
Page 15 of 15 « First < 5 13 14 15
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2013, 09:40 AM

Re: Opt in, or opt out????

Possibly because most of the people I have met in the profession are not unfeeling monsters and are doing their best. Only once had a really scary person caring for me and she was out of her depth not evil and needed taking away and sending on holiday to seriously consider whether she should be a doctor at all. But she was weeded out later that year as the course became harder and left because hospital saw how she was with patients.

Usually I would think that is what happens.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2013, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Possibly because most of the people I have met in the profession are not unfeeling monsters and are doing their best. Only once had a really scary person caring for me and she was out of her depth not evil and needed taking away and sending on holiday to seriously consider whether she should be a doctor at all. But she was weeded out later that year as the course became harder and left because hospital saw how she was with patients.

Usually I would think that is what happens.
I haven't said or implied that every doctor is an unfeeling monster but the reality is, some of them are and they are clearly unsuited to work with living people (granted most of those go into pathology but not all). Think of all the recent scandals and how pretty much every member of those hospitals kept quiet about it; who did they put first: patient or hospital? Our own hospital is being held to account at the moment regarding patient safety and that complaint has come from some of the consultants!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2013, 09:46 AM

That IMO comes from having a top heavy system with more pencil pushers than caring staff, NHS needs looking at and people who do the caring rewarded and increased and get rid a lot of the pencil pushers who see money as the only thing that matters.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2013, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
That IMO comes from having a top heavy system with more pencil pushers than caring staff, NHS needs looking at and people who do the caring rewarded and increased and get rid a lot of the pencil pushers who see money as the only thing that matters.
Absolutely - I couldn't agree more. I would add a provsio though that doctors should not be viewed as some kind of demi god that holds the power of life or death of those who actually pay them for their services.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2013, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
You have a very innocent view of life in the medical world - I have enough experience of it to know they are not all the saintly beings you seem to think they are. Some of them, although may not physically harm a patient, are just plain crass and show a distinct lack of respect towards their patients.
Absolutely agree with that .....

Page 15 of 15 « First < 5 13 14 15

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top