Join for free
Page 15 of 23 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2014, 03:52 AM

Re: Song that brings tears to your eyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qH4qyi1-Ys

Another Rascal Flatts
Starry Eyes
Yorkshire UK
Starry Eyes is female  Starry Eyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2014, 03:00 AM

This always brings tears to my eyes.

My parents always loved to dance.
My father died at 59, my mother followed soon after age 56.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2014, 03:07 AM

Did you know that Paul Robeson is an honorary Welshman?
PeacefulLady
New Member!
Florida, USA
PeacefulLady is female 

12-06-2014, 03:12 AM

Wind Beneath My Wings by Bet Midler
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2014, 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by PeacefulLady ->
Wind Beneath My Wings by Bet Midler
This was one of my late mothers favourite songs, and she would always look at my step father whenever it came on the radio. A year or so after he had also passed I was at our local shopping centre and I heard the haunting sound of the tune being played on South American pan pipes. I just found myself crying my eyes out and when I turned a corner there were three young men in traditional Peruvian costume playing these pipes. The big coincidence was that he had worked in Peru! If I believed in any sort of afterlife, I could almost say it was some sort of message. But of course it was a mere coincidence.
PeacefulLady
New Member!
Florida, USA
PeacefulLady is female 

12-06-2014, 03:29 AM

It was my song to my Daddy who passed away 4 years ago. He always was and still is my Hero. I can't believe how empty I am without him. I had them play this song at his Memorial.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys

12-06-2014, 03:29 AM

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S9CFeTzQ12A

Almost anything by this woman can reduce you to tears, but even Roy himself said she sang this better than he ever could, which is why he gave her the rights.

Also look out for her 'Hallelujah'

Several years ago I saw her live in Birmingham and when she sang this, for about ten seconds there was a 'stunned' silence, you could have heard a pin drop on velvet, then the audience erupted.
Starry Eyes
Yorkshire UK
Starry Eyes is female  Starry Eyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2014, 04:22 PM

This one always has me 'filling up' too
daisymay
South Wales Valleys

12-06-2014, 05:39 PM

@starry eyes, for some strange reason, whenever you post what is presumably a video, all I ever get is a big blank area at first, followed by a black screen with the arrow to tap, then an error message. So, sorry to say have no idea what your last two songs were.
Starry Eyes
Yorkshire UK

12-06-2014, 09:28 PM

So sorry DaisyMay, I have no idea why that should be. I can see them ok on my laptop. I'd be interested to know if any one else has that problem with my video posts.
The first one was 'Dance with my Father' by Luther Vandross, and the second, 'Over the Rainbow' by Eva Cassidy.

Page 15 of 23 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top