Join for free
Page 15 of 16 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 >
comeandgo
The universe
comeandgo is female 

22-11-2014, 11:34 AM

Re: The elderly don't need handling with kid gloves!

One had to be very firm with my mother, she wasn't that out of her tree, but the beginnings of dementia made her even more difficult than she had always been. I wouldn't tolerate the unpleasant way she treated my sister who had a watching brief where mother was concerned. Of course me telling her like it was didn't make me popular with her, but that didn't concern me, my sister's welfare was much more important to me.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2014, 11:54 AM

I tend to avoid the 'young'. They ain't formed properly and won't be for yonks. Mind you, thinking about it, I tend to avoid everyone so being treated in this way shouldn't be an issue with me.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2014, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I tend to avoid the 'young'. They ain't formed properly and won't be for yonks.
So that is why you don't like me. I'm too young for you.
Well, let me tell you, grandpa. Ahhh forget it.
comeandgo
The universe
comeandgo is female 

24-11-2014, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I tend to avoid the 'young'. They ain't formed properly and won't be for yonks. Mind you, thinking about it, I tend to avoid everyone so being treated in this way shouldn't be an issue with me.
And are you 'formed' properly?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2014, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by comeandgo ->
And are you 'formed' properly?
Yeah.

Winston Churchill
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Dune
I will bend like a reed in the wind
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

24-11-2014, 03:54 PM

Except I don't - bend or change, that is - done all that .
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2014, 12:00 PM

My partner showed his 90 year old mum a pic tonight. Of the new male model face of Oz. He said brace yourself mum and she said gimme it and hit me with yer rythm stick. She's a breath of fresh air. You certainly do not need kid gloves with her
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2014, 12:19 PM

I do hate it when younger people treat you as if you are already demented. I am 70 in February, my son is only 18 years my junior but treats me sometimes as a child. It is then I have to get out of my tree and tell him whilst he enjoys my home then he will give me the respect I deserve. He is good as gold after that for a week or two and then tries it on again. He will learn because when he is my age I shall only be 87 and will remind him! Lol.
comeandgo
The universe
comeandgo is female 

25-11-2014, 12:29 PM

My children realise the old duck is completely senile and tease me accordingly! When my kids start fussing over me and telling me to take it easy I know it will be time for me to take a short walk off a high cliff! Mind you that might be pretty soon as I have just treated myself to a Mr Men duvet cover!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2014, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Moyra ->
I do hate it when younger people treat you as if you are already demented. I am 70 in February, my son is only 18 years my junior but treats me sometimes as a child. It is then I have to get out of my tree and tell him whilst he enjoys my home then he will give me the respect I deserve. He is good as gold after that for a week or two and then tries it on again. He will learn because when he is my age I shall only be 87 and will remind him! Lol.
Quite right Moyra. You tell him! Young whippersnapper

Page 15 of 16 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top