Join for free
Page 15 of 28 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 > Last »
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2016, 07:37 PM

Re: Should Madeleine McCann's parents accept blame?

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
They stayed out, with us.
I never once left them alone.
Europe is geared for children and parents, look how many families are out at night.

If you don't want your kids with you then organise a babysitter.
Yes TPin.
Get a babysitter?
Now why didn't think of that?

And if you cant get one, take the child with you.
Or stay in, holiday or no holiday.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2016, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
I've never posted on any of the McCann threads on ANY Forum as I've seen the all out wars they have started..Folks flouncing off..,Members falling out,..hate posts..You name it..it's all been done before in the other two defunct Sites I was a Member of..Some Folks are Members of other Sites where They post the same old thing over and over again...Madness.!
I can only agree with everything you say there May, but my intention when starting this thread was not to start world war three.

The article as per thread start was in the Daily Mail, and I thought it was worth a discussion.
I didn't expect this vitriol though from some I regard as friends, and still do.
But now I am sorry I started the thread.
What with the nasty personal comments which are going on around here.

I would NOT want to see the thread closed though.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

23-02-2016, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Spot on May ... the McCann's always get people arguing.

The bottom line is ..
They neglected to take proper care of their kid.
She was abducted... by someone who took advantage of the fact that they neglected their kid.
Not because they were distracted, or had to rush off to deal with some unforeseeable emergency, or Maddy wandered off on a kiddies adventure as kids can do ... but because they were having a pleasant evening with friends.

Ever since then the whole world seems to be divided into two camps over them.
Personally I have much more sympathy for poor parents like those of little Jamie Bulger.
A very good post Morti, and I agree with every word, particularly what you say in bold there.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2016, 08:38 PM

have only read a page back but assuming this discussion is as a result of Katie Hopkins column in the Daily Mail.

personally I would never have left 3 small children alone in a strange room in a strange country and I know a lot of people feel the same.

I have to say I agree with most Of what KH has written and I don't think it was a good idea for them to refuse to answer so many of the questions put to them.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2016, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I would not describe myself as a fan of the McCanns
They are not a particularly appealing couple .
I would not have left my young children in an unlocked room where anyone could get them.
But they are IMO deserving of compassion.
I don't believe they are complicit in the abduction of their child .
Their child was taken from them .
It seems obvious they were being watched and the child targeted
She was abducted there is really no other way of describing it.
Portugal has long been the haunt of pedophiles
All these facts have come to light because of the McCann case .
Other children have disappeared on the Algave and there have been several attempted abductions.
there was a huge pedophile ring which involved members of the Portuguese government and various well known people.
all these things we know now.
Not before.
As I said ... they went on holiday with 3 children and came home with two because they didn't make proper childcare arrangements whilst they went out for an evening with friends.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

23-02-2016, 08:49 PM

As I said ... they went on holiday with 3 children and came home with two because they didn't make proper childcare arrangements whilst they went out for an evening with friends.
You know what Morti.
In just a few very wise words there you have this subject covered. Spot on, and nobody can possibly argue with you on that point.

PS.
Muddly.
I am very pleased to inform you that you are now on my ignore list.
I don't suffer fools gladly.

Cheers.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

23-02-2016, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
You can add me to your ignore list too! I am appalled that you called a lady member a 'moron'.
Did you read what she said to me then Arti?
Or doesn't that matter?
A moron is a moron no matter what sex they are.
Bye the way.
I don't see your reply as I will now go and carry out your request.

Cheers.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2016, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
That is probably very wise Julie as, in this kind of situation, somebody always had to find who is to blame. I would always have sympathy with somebody who has lost a child, whether they had made a mistake or not.
So would I Twink its every parents nightmare .
And to know that they have some fault -and they know this well -must make their anguish all the more excruciating
There is no need for other people to rub salt into a wound which will never heal .
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2016, 10:15 PM

Bah ... I hate these cryptic clues ... it means I have to read back to see what I've missed.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2016, 11:54 PM

Bah ... I hate these cryptic clues ... it means I have to read back to see what I've missed.
You will need to read back very many years then 8 plus

Oh sorry I will get off, I hate this ruddy thread topic, done to death ain't the word

Page 15 of 28 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top