Join for free
Page 15 of 20 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »
mei
Asia
mei is female  mei has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 05:40 PM

Re: EU Referendum Result - Your Views

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Mei

I've asked you(maybe you missed it)if you could supply me with a link or explain where you heard that we have an obligation/agreement, as a NATO member, to take in immigrants.

Thanks

I did just that on post 132
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
There is an awful lot of scaremongering and exaggeration still taking place at moment, mainly from people on the remain side. The BBC talking in terms meltdowns about the pound and the stockmarket. Yet watching the business news the Footsie was down only 4.9% and the index still stood above 6,000 which is better that it was during the crash. Compared to other countries it was holding up pretty well Spain and Italy, France and Germany stood at a loss of just under 10%, so it seem they are much more affected than us.

Frankly I think we will do OK if we do eventually make it out. Once this country's Bosses and workforce knuckle down realise they have an advantage with the devalued pound and start looking abroad, beyond Europe for business.
Quite so RM .

I think some people underestimate us.
They should remember the UK is the seat of the industrial revolution and we don't need anyone to hold our hand least of all the EU .
We have some of the best minds, entrepreneur, goods, animal welfare standards, countryside etc in the world if we can only appreciate it and stop listening to the doom mongers.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Daibach ->
Oh and has anyone given any thought about our soon to be invalid EU passports and EU driving licences?
Good! We didn't want them anyway.

I seem to remember we were visiting other countries before we joined the common market.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 06:26 PM

Now, a bit like going to the dentist when he says 'That's it you can go now' can we please leave as quickly as possible before anyone changes their mind .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by mei ->
I am very happy for all the Brits who badly wanted a leave but very sad for those (nearly half of the country!) who wanted to stay in , as I am not optimistic at all!

Unlike many other EU countries the UK depends on its neighbours to feed its population. It imports its cheese, dairies, fruits, vegetables, cars etc...

The drastic drop of the pound might make all these things very expensive as they will imported goods and all the more expensive with the fall of the pound.

The young economical and dynamic force of EU workers French, Italian, Polish etc..(78% fully employed paying taxes compared to 74% working Brits) who are not straining the NHS as they are young and fit , will have to leave and give place for the genuine refugees that the UK will have to take, in accordance with its Nato agreements.

The fall of the pound will attract investors from all over the world, who will flock to buy properties in London which will become more and more unaffordable.

As an outsider I might be wrong and I hope I am but but this is the way I see things and I find it very worrying and unpromising for the generation of young Brits.
Thank you for you thoughts mei.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 06:51 PM

Hi

My two primary concerns are.

Waiting in the non EU queue at the Airport, it is always longer.

Where are my cheap fags and booze coming from?

There is a limit of 200 fags from non EU countries.

I am doomed.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 06:54 PM

I`m not daft-I have a stash of Euro so if I go to Italy again it will cost me nothing,flights might go up though.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

24-06-2016, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

My two primary concerns are.

Waiting in the non EU queue at the Airport, it is always longer.

Where are my cheap fags and booze coming from?

There is a limit of 200 fags from non EU countries.

I am doomed.:cry :
Ah but think how much fitter you will be Gibbs you will be able to sprint to the front of the queue
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 07:03 PM

I just watch ITV News, as I thought, no new negotiations, leave asap, from Brussels. They're going to make things as difficult as possible straight away to put others off.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by mei ->
Sorry Tpin I made a mistake it is not nato it is UN , 1951 treaty on refugees signed by the U.K alongside 143 other Nations.
It is my first time posting a link so hope it will work.

http://www.unhcr.org/1951-refugee-convention.html

''The core principle is non-refoulement, which asserts that a refugee should not be returned to a country where they face serious threats to their life or freedom. This is now considered a rule of customary international law.''
Ok Mei

I thought somebody had given you some bad info.
Thanks for your reply and please ignore my 2nd post.
I hadn't seen your reply.
Apologies.

T

Page 15 of 20 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top