Join for free
Page 15 of 26 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 09:05 AM

Re: Racism

To me, it is important to judge people as individuals, not by where they come from, but many find that difficult to do
Perhaps if we all learned different accents and lied about where we were born, we could confuse the idiots that judge us by the nation we come from.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Too much of the former, probably led to enjoyment of the latter.
Brilliant Nom (Brew-yant)
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 10:19 AM

Some on here need to grow a thicker skin. get over it and move on.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Abbey ->
If there is no racism between Scotland and England why does the SNP say that they will not tolerate anti- English racism ?

http://www.heraldscotland.com/opinio...est_otherwise/
Because the SNP are stupid and don't understand the true meaning of the word.

OR

The article writer is stupid and does not understand the meaning of the word.

If you had named this Topic "Hate" you would have a point.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
To me, it is important to judge people as individuals, not by where they come from, but many find that difficult to do
Perhaps if we all learned different accents and lied about where we were born, we could confuse the idiots that judge us by the nation we come from.
Twink, Although, l was born in Ireland, l have an English accent, so most people think l am English.
When, l have mentioned l was born in Ireland, some will say...but you don't look Irish!?? Others will say.. Don't say, you're Roman Catholic as well!!
Ha Ha! People are funny! Or maybe, a little ignorant!!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I would agree Rhian. A nation is made up of many different people, with different ideas and attitudes, so only a fool would judge them to be all the same!
Sounds like an advert promoting multiculturalism.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->
My Late Wife was a Mick, makes my Daughter a Half Mick or even to the topic starter Mixed race and with the thinking of this thread I can say a HALF CAST...

Cork(Ireland) Black Puddings I would die for.. cant get them down South.
Yum, 2 of my brother's went over to Ireland in August visiting our cousins in Limerick and Kerry.. One being the local butcher, they came back with my order of Irish White Pudding and Black Pudding. I wish we could get the same here, they were absolutely delicious.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Abbey ->
If there is no racism between Scotland and England why does the SNP say that they will not tolerate anti- English racism ?

http://www.heraldscotland.com/opinio...est_otherwise/
Isn't this all getting blown out of proportion? With our Scottish members getting all in a lather with a bee in their bonnet. Isn't it a long running rivalry between the English and the Scots.

Thirty odd years ago I remember having a drink in the local pub. And some Scots came in. It was a bit of a busy rowdy pub ..with loud jukeboxes and leather clad bikers. And the Scots been gregarious and friendly and well tanked up fit in very well.
I rather liked them, whilst admiring their capacity for siphoning alcohol in an uninterrupted steady stream whilst managing to talk at the same time .... until ... someone mentioned Queen Elizabeth the Second. No .. she's not our Queen and if she is she's Elizabeth the First not the Second , says the Scots rather belligerently. Insults got traded. And then the row began. About how the Scots weren't conquered and never would be.
When the first bar stool went flying (tis true, I kid you not) ... the fight was ordered outside. Motor bikes were shoved over, fists flew, a car windscreen was smashed.
I stayed inside sipping my pernod and black until someone said the police had been called then I left.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 12:03 PM

We want our goal posts back!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

16-09-2016, 12:08 PM

The bad old days of the pitch invasion .. and look where that led.

Page 15 of 26 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top