Join for free
Page 15 of 20 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 07:33 PM

Re: Are you proud to be British?

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
But politics is only a percentage of what The Mail writes about. There are many excellent articles about historical events, interesting facts, excerpts from memoirs, a great health pull out on Tuesdays and much more. There's much more to life than deciding who is left or right or upside down.

That doesn't stop the Left's fear and blind hatred of the Mail and its fine readers. Put simply: they are seen as the enemy and must be destroyed.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
This is undoubtedly true, but why is the Mail on Sunday apparently left-wing biased in much of its reporting?

Is it perhaps trying to cater for all leanings?
The Mail on Sunday is a different newspaper from the Mail, with different journalists, columnists and a different Editor.

A lot of people think Peter Hitchens writes for the Mail. He actually writes for The Mail on Sunday.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Thing is Patriotism can be misunderstood... what is being proud to some people is a rag to a bull to others. I suppose our Britishness is being diluted daily but of course to say that can be thought of by some as racist. Maybe this thread is doomed.
Maybe the country is doomed.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
The Mail on Sunday is a different newspaper from the Mail, with different journalists, columnists and a different Editor.

A lot of people think Peter Hitchens writes for the Mail. He actually writes for The Mail on Sunday.
Yes, I'm not surprised as the MoS is very clearly left-wing.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 09:54 PM

Thing is, If we were born in Britain we couldn't be proud of being from anywhere else
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
The Mail and MoS are Britain's finest daily and Sunday newspapers. They have the best journalists and that's is one big reason why they have more "higher grade" readers than several of the other papers put together.

They speak for the decent law abiding people of this country.
This is a wind up surely. And newby boxer boy does not deserve it.

I know the DM is popular, and I accept that some must truly believe in it all, what it stands for, and erm everything.

But the above recommendation does not ring true. Nobody loves it that much. The DM hacks won't like it, the punter is not supposed to "like" it. You're supposed to be angry, full of Grrrrr
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

25-09-2018, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
This is a wind up surely. And newby boxer boy does not deserve it.

I know the DM is popular, and I accept that some must truly believe in it all, what it stands for, and erm everything.

But the above recommendation does not ring true. Nobody loves it that much. The DM hacks won't like it, the punter is not supposed to "like" it. You're supposed to be angry, full of Grrrrr
Well I like it and, to be fair, unlike the amateurish journalism evident on the online version, the printed version is very professionally presented.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

25-09-2018, 10:20 PM

Back on topic, despite the country apparently sinking down the U-bend, we still do some things better than anyone in the world.

The British forces' marching, for example, leaves everyone else well behind when it comes to smartness and organisation. Look at other countries' armed forces. For example, as my dad used to say, "the Russians march like washerwomen", whilst the Americans leisurely "stroll" along!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 08:04 AM

Back on topic, despite the country apparently sinking down the U-bend, we still do some things better than anyone in the world.

The British forces' marching, for example, leaves everyone else well behind when it comes to smartness and organisation. Look at other countries' armed forces. For example, as my dad used to say, "the Russians march like washerwomen", whilst the Americans leisurely "stroll" along!
Yes but what about North Korean choreography? That must be something to be proud of.
Gravitas
North England

26-09-2018, 09:35 AM

Yes, I'm not surprised as the MoS is very clearly left-wing.
No. no it isn't (clearly Left-wing). As most people are aware the MoS is a Conservative newspaper.

Page 15 of 20 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top